Wild Albino Pheasants

webguy

UPH Owner/Founder
Staff member
How many of you in the forum board has shot a albino pheasant? I watched this one flush in front of me because I didn't know what it was off the bat. As it flew away, I knew what I had done! I was not happy with myself, but the landowner's kids chased it down. Cool colors... just partial coloration:

albino-pheasant.jpg

How about you guys? Anyone else have some albino pheasant stories to share?

albino pheasant

webguy I have some friends who raise pheasant and at the end of the season a few of us get together and have a shoot out . we take liberated birds and have his wife plant them all over their property and we plant white and black ones also their is a limit of six birds per person and if you r lucky enough to end up with a black or white bird you r in the money. nothing to brag about we just put in enough money to make it interesting

webguy I have some friends who raise pheasant and at the end of the season a few of us get together and have a shoot out . we take liberated birds and have his wife plant them all over their property and we plant white and black ones also their is a limit of six birds per person and if you r lucky enough to end up with a black or white bird you r in the money. nothing to brag about we just put in enough money to make it interesting

Hey, that sounds like a fun deal though. Something on the line makes it more fun (money).

I have seen those before. I have never shot one but would like to before my time is up. But it would be my luck to miss as usual and then I'd really kick me in the butt---Bob

I flushed a particolor hen two seasons ago about 30 miles NW of where I live. She was 30-50% white in a somewhat speckled pattern. The dogs had her pointed in CRP on the edge of a corn field dead to rights. I was sure sorry it was a hen! It does set you back on your heels though.

white birds

yea it is a blast and we get the kids involved and that is where we can concentrate on our pups a little without anybody getting all upset becouse your pup didn't do what they thought it should or it broke point on their well trained veteran

I've had the opportunity for two albinos. The first one got up and all I did was watch it fly away. I kept asking myself "Why didn't I take a shot?" When the second one got up, my attitude (right or wrong), "Shoot first, ask questions later!"

This is the second. Turned out pretty cool. The only thing wrong with this mount is the eyes were actually blue on the bird, but I failed to mention this when I had it mounted.

I know a number of old PC members have seen this already, but here it is again.

Albino2.jpg

I was hunting in Michigan a few years ago and put up a pure white bird, I think it was a pheasant. I didn't shoot at it because I didn't know what it was. I wish I could have that hunt back!!!

To Dewey: Nice looking pheasant. I haven't seen that before. I got banned from PC because of UPH. LOL.

To Browning_145: Just make's you want to cry doesn't it? It's a sad sight to see a albino fly away.

partial albino

My nephew and I teamed up on a partial albino this fall.
Very similar to the bird pictured. It's head was white with some speckles. the guy we hunt with has a mount of a pure white rooster...it is beautiful

This one is kind of weak, but it was avey young bird. My dog was pointing a bird and this oine got up right behind the guy holding it. I did not have a shot, but hollored albino and he turned and shot it. Got the other rooster too. It was the first bird of the 2007 season, residents only SD hunt and Axel's first hunt at 5.5 moths age.
________
Arizona Dispensary

Last edited:
mindy

I am a gamekeepers wife from the UK and we have pure white pheasants on our shoot which we release and if anybody shoots one through the coarse of the season it will cost them £50 about $75 which we donate to a chosen local charity:)

I am a gamekeepers wife from the UK and we have pure white pheasants on our shoot which we release and if anybody shoots one through the coarse of the season it will cost them £50 about $75 which we donate to a chosen local charity:)

That is a good idea. May I ask the location of your shoot?

Thanks,

ah, yes, I have been through there, years ago. Stilton cheese is my fav. :)

A lovely area.

Best,

Back