What would you do?

Update on this bonehead. Have taken him goose hunting 3 times after not pheasant hunting with him after what he classifies as a “misunderstanding “
1st time out was ok. 2nd time he shows up 30 min late with a buddy in tow that surprised me since he was not invited but he was a Ok guy so not bad. Today we go out and he kills his limit plus 2. 7 total on a 5 bird limit. Well I guess I got a little excited he says…
Then we stop by the farmers house to thank him
Offered to share our birds and said he would take a couple for his hired man that liked geese so I suggest to the poacher that maybe he should leave his extra geese?? Nope he says I killed them and don’t share what I kill. So he went home with 7 geese and me with 3. The farmer later suggested I find another hunting partner which I took as don’t bring him back
Found another guy to hunt with me in the morning
THE F'N END RIGHT THERE. THAT'S THREE STRIKES AND TWO IN ONE DAY!!!:mad:

These are the reasons why I only hunt with a few people. My wife, my buddy Dave whom I have hunted with since 1983, his son Scott and a new guy that we started hunting together this fall by going to Sd twice.
This fall Scott invited a friend who brought 7 guys with him. I don’t think Scott will invite him back.

These are the reasons why I only hunt with a few people. My wife, my buddy Dave whom I have hunted with since 1983, his son Scott and a new guy that we started hunting together this fall by going to Sd twice.
This fall Scott invited a friend who brought 7 guys with him. I don’t think Scott will invite him back.
He will probably go with his 7 guys and hunt all your spots

ghost this guy. He is going to ruin your hunting opportunities and your reputation.

I grew up hunting on a great uncle’s farm. We helped move cattle. We fixed fence. We did whatever they asked. Sometimes it meant missing an afternoon hunt to help instead. We stopped everyday and offered up some or all of what we killed. It was the absolute least we could do to be allowed to be there hunting.

This guy understands nothing. I would have lost my mind when he refused to give up some birds to the land owner. If he can’t grasp that he would have no birds if not for the landowner, then he is clueless as hell. Lose his number. Don’t answer texts or calls. Stay away from this guy before he burns you worse than he already has.

I know guys shoot hens occasionally by mistake, and I have, and I don't rail on guys for that.Shooting more than 3 roosters a day, is not cool with me.Going over the possession limit by more than 2 is not cool. Trespassing, littering, road hunting, drinking, playing grab ass, not cool.Carrying a 22 or pellet gun in the truck is against the law, and lowbagger. People get jailed for this on montana.

Back to the beginning; we’ve all got friends, pals, buddies that we hunt with. We get an insight into who they are by spending time with them…we get to see them in ethical “tests” all the time…bag limits, trespassing, shooting hours, treatment of dogs, treatment of landowners, splitting of expenses, treatment of game, pursuit of cripples, etc, etc. It doesn’t take long to assess the character of our hunting partners. I doubt you were shocked by this character? BTW, I’m not lily-white, but my word is good, it’s all I’ve got.

I lost a good friend; the guy taught me a lot. We were hell on wheels. I just couldn't take the competitiveness anymore. Finally came to a head one night in the bar when he asked when we were going to Iowa. It wasn't verry pretty. We didn't speak for many years.

Back to the beginning; we’ve all got friends, pals, buddies that we hunt with. We get an insight into who they are by spending time with them…we get to see them in ethical “tests” all the time…bag limits, trespassing, shooting hours, treatment of dogs, treatment of landowners, splitting of expenses, treatment of game, pursuit of cripples, etc, etc. It doesn’t take long to assess the character of our hunting partners. I doubt you were shocked by this character? BTW, I’m not lily-white, but my word is good, it’s all I’ve got.
Pretty well said benelli, you can judge a man pretty quick in the pheasant field!

I lost a good friend; the guy taught me a lot. We were hell on wheels. I just couldn't take the competitiveness anymore. Finally came to a head one night in the bar when he asked when we were going to Iowa. It wasn't verry pretty. We didn't speak for many years.
Care to elaborate? Sorry for the loss

I know guys shoot hens occasionally by mistake, and I have, and I don't rail on guys for that.Shooting more than 3 roosters a day, is not cool with me.Going over the possession limit by more than 2 is not cool. Trespassing, littering, road hunting, drinking, playing grab ass, not cool.Carrying a 22 or pellet gun in the truck is against the law, and lowbagger. People get jailed for this on montana.
Road hunting is legal in some states

Care to elaborate? Sorry for the loss
Don't be sorry, He's not dead. I meant that our friendship ended because I outgrew the desire to kill all I could, but he didn't. I drew the line when he got mad because a friend, who wasn't near as competent as us missed a beachball shot. After that he shot at every Bird that he could, even shooting through tree lines, even though the bird came out in front of the same guy on his side. Then on a day we couldn't find many roosters he shot two hens! He also was like the guy mentioned above. We always divided up the birds evenly when we got home, except for him. He always knew how many he shot and that's what he took home.

Road hunting is legal in some states
It really shouldn't even be called road hunting. You aren't hunting the "road." You're hunting the ditch and public right of way along the road. Show me a single rooster that just stands in the middle of the road until you get within range.

Its kind of like hunting the railroad tracks. You aren't hunting the actual railroad tracks, you're hunting the habitat along the tracks.

Trespassing, littering, road hunting, drinking, playing grab ass, not cool.
So is it safe to say you have played grab ass while shooting but choose not to do so anymore along with road hunting...... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Just in fun hope you had a great holidays Goose!

So is it safe to say you have played grab ass while shooting but choose not to do so anymore along with road hunting...... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Just in fun hope you had a great holidays Goose!
Haha.I do hunt with one guy who is light in the loafers, but a really good guy.

It really shouldn't even be called road hunting. You aren't hunting the "road." You're hunting the ditch and public right of way along the road. Show me a single rooster that just stands in the middle of the road until you get within range.

Its kind of like hunting the railroad tracks. You aren't hunting the actual railroad tracks, you're hunting the habitat along the tracks.
I get it, and I've done it years ago.Ive hunted railroad right of way.In montana, you aren't supposed to ditch hunt on county roads.In south Dakota I might do it. I've heard south Dakota is snowed in.Most of montana is. It was a fun season, but my lab was on injured reserve, and restricted.

I get it, and I've done it years ago.
I've never specifically ONLY walked on a public road or rail road tracks to upland bird hunt. On occasion I walk on a gravel road to get to my spot, and then back to the truck out of necessity. If that was the type of hunting I did, I probably wouldn't bag very many roosters.

My dog got hurt back in mid November too so I missed a couple weeks of hunting. And then the last 2 weeks of December here were tough with all the snow. Not uncommon to have snow here in central MN, but to have this much is unusual. Hasn't happened since 2011.

I'm generally a bit jealous that SD allows hunting the entire month of January, but not this year.

I agree with BB. Not to many times do our good friends do something that surprises us. We know who they are. This thread has made me think about who I hunt with. They do some things that drive me nuts, so when I’m fuming in the field I have to remind myself that they’re not doing any thing that I didn’t see coming. Part of character is excepting criticism and being willing to change. If I was to be invited to hunt by any one of you I would play by your rules. We all have friends that are good for one thing and when we try to get them to do two we get frustrated. “Super fun/ not responsible guy”,

Back