Vikings sign Cassel to a 2 year $10 million deal

How exciting can you make signing cassel:D At least he behaves himself as a QB he sucks:D Fine no more helping. You guys can go back to playing with your farvio action figure complete with text pics:thumbsup:

WOW, You all want to talk about the Pack and The Queens. Really There is far better teams out there to talk about, And I am A packer fan. What about Denver and The sea Hags??? The 69ners and so much More. Roflol The Black and blue div. will always be low in ranking because they have been around longer than any. Really it is all about money and nothing more. So why beat a dead horse?????????????????????????????????????

Get a real sport like High skool Wrasleing Too use Coots Spell check.
:D:10sign::cheers:

Last edited:
Well it appears no one is signing J Allen. Unless I missed something. I hear he won't budge on top pay. But he can no longer perform as such. Maybe he has enough, but I would play 16 games for a million LOL, heck 500g's even would make my day. I would take getting ran over every play for that. These players have gotten to be such big baby's when it comes to pay. If they get a couple more real good defensive players that can get them off the field, they can score enough points to win. That was the problem last year. Bummer they could not get Melton. That would have just instantly built a people eater d line again over night. I bet the #1 pick will be the best defensive guy available at the time. D back, linebacker, or d line. The first 3 picks should be just that.

I thought I heard allen signed with hawks. Hey the pack signed peppers don't know how smart that was:confused: He hasn't seemed to motivated the last couple years.

I find it hard to believe either Peppers or Allen would not be productive if they put their minds to it. Being on a failing team seems to diminish performance of some that fought hard for 5 or so years. A new beginning else where can spark life back in to great players. Peppers should be an improvement over Radgi. The Black and Blue should have some good battles I think, depending on the draft. With all the changes it will be interesting to see how it plays out.:thumbsup:

I find it hard to believe either Peppers or Allen would not be productive if they put their minds to it.
I agree it's pretty easy to get burned out doing something no matter how driven you are if the results aren't equal to the effort.

Raji sucks, I've read comments from guys that follow football close than I that say he'll be better if they move him which will be possible with Peppers but not sure if it's true. Seems like he did more the year they won the superbowl but the D was way better than.

I was just listening to Spielman on the radio and he continues to say the Vikings will always pick the best player available (according to their board) when their turn comes around. That could be any number of positions, however, I think this years draft is pretty deep with defensive talent and IMO their likely 1st rounder is going to be defensive and a corner at that.

Regardless of who they continue to get in Free Agency or thru the draft, It will take a lot of things coming together perfectly and a bit of luck for a new coach and his staff to turn this thing around in 1 year. Getting players who fit your scheme and getting used to a new system will take some seasoning time.

Jarred Allen I would guess, if he does sign with someone will be used on passing downs only. IMO that is what the Vikings should have done with him last year and maybe the year before as well. Keep him fresh, instead of wearing him down by playing the whole game.

Yep. As long as it is a real good fit and a great player, I would be happy to see any d line man, line backer, or a secondary guy. They need all 3, all 3 are key. Chatter says a line backer in the mocks, but they also talk QB. I don't think qb would be smart. If you build a great d you can stop enough of the good offense to score more and beat them. Look at Trent Dilfer. He was horrible. Cassle has more talent then that guy by far. He gets a good d and a line to give him the time and a running game, he will do well. I just wish they would send Ponder packing LOL.

I should also mention that a case could also be made for a top linebacker as well. We need help dearly in that position. But I'm confident that it will be defensive for the 1st pick.

Middle linebacker is so very important, Been long time. A pro Bowl Middle Backer! Would'nt that be cool.
Allen is 32 or 33 should have some fuel left in the tank? Going with a contending team will spark it.
Peppers?

How many NFL teams will go with the no huddle? That sure seems to wear down the defence. Those older "D" players are at a disadvantage.

DE Corey Wootton signed with the Vikes. I don't think he is an impact guy unless Linval is that disruptive with Griffin in the middle. I would like to see them keep there draft slots or trade up and get Clowney. Then they would have something. Then go secondary, corner, backers, after that. Later rounds they can go OT and DT's because of sheer numbers this year. Perhaps a RB and a TE later floater as well. Spielman needs to fit the needs not the best show boat available. That guy can be real dumb, or real smart. But the real dumb days end up hurting more then his good days. Not a bad free agency round. But we'll see what bone head move he plays in the draft. Watch he will trade for more picks and pick late LOL. Whoop! there goes that impact d guy we needed.:rolleyes: That's where the pack has done well over the years, they draft needs for the long run, not just the over hyped name out there. And they get that depth at key spots. Vikes could even get a decent receiver kick return guy later this year. Time to use Patterson as a wide out scheme guy and not beat him up as a return guy. Dirty pool hungry ideot special team guys will be looking to put the hurt to him this year if he is returning.

Last edited:
I've read several different articles in the past few days on the internet and it appears "Johnny Football" is on the Vikings radar. Zimmer even talked to Fran Tarkenton about Manziel because Fran is a supportor of Johnny's. Says he reminds him of himself more than any other QB. I know a lot of guys don't want to see Manziel as a Viking but I for one think it would be an interesting move.

I think it was a good move signing Cassel. He's proved a couple times that He can be a good QB.
Vikes would have won 2-3 more game last year if Cassel would have been the QB.
And for sure the "D" failed a few times not being able to stop late scoring by opponents.
I agree, get the "D" beefed up.
We still have Adrian and some good receivers, offence will be OK.:cheers:

So the Packers signed Julius Peppers? SO WHAT ARE THE PLANS UP THERE???? Starting a nursing home or something?

really , what the packers have the best back up QB, that there is. Sorry mnmt but that is a fact.

He is the next great QB. Think I am wrong? WE will see. :)

really , what the packers have the best back up QB, that there is. Sorry mnmt but that is a fact.

He is the next great QB. Think I am wrong? WE will see. :)

Who might you be referring to, Matt Flynn ! :eek:

Yeah, he had his one day in the spotlight and then preceded to be traded to several other teams all of which he never came close to securing a starting job. Now he's back with the Pack, but he ain't gona get ya to the big show it ever comes to that.

Oh! but wait... just off the rumor mill. Ted Thompson and company may have expressed some interest in Mark Sanchez. That changes everything....

I'll say it again... Aaron Rodgers goes down, the Packers ship goes with him. Just another mediocre team :cheers:

Last edited:
I've read several different articles in the past few days on the internet and it appears "Johnny Football" is on the Vikings radar. Zimmer even talked to Fran Tarkenton about Manziel because Fran is a supportor of Johnny's. Says he reminds him of himself more than any other QB. I know a lot of guys don't want to see Manziel as a Viking but I for one think it would be an interesting move.

If he's available, I would pick Blake Bortles over Manziel, but that's just me. I'd be shocked if he's still there when the Vikes pick though.

6'5" 232 lbs. Strong accurate arm. Good pocket presence and can throw on the run if he has to. Got all the right tools for the pro game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/_/id/10635301/2014-nfl-draft-blake-bortles-shines-pro-day

I'm holding to vikes still picking defense for their #1 pick.

Last edited:
Back