Vikings sign Cassel to a 2 year $10 million deal

birdshooter

Smart thing to do IMO. Heard Vick's name mentioned at one point, glad they didn't go down that road...

Vick, no surprise there. Spielmans brain is not going on all cylinders You know.:confused:
Vick:eek: NOW tht would make me join up with Cloud and Cood. :eek
Maybe not quite. :eek:
Cassel, Not doubt, Best the Vikes can do for now.:thumbsup:

Not sure what they were thinking just letting Allen go. Gyon gone as well. Cripes d fence was hurting before, now they will have to burn the draft picks on d line for sure. Not sure how he will pull that off, The top pick will likely be gone. Unless they got some trade deal to move up. But I doubt it. The real need is defense. They actually scored enough points to win several games. They just could not keep the other team off the field and scoring more. They will need 2 solid pass rushers, that are better then Allen.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Not what I heard. They were actually talking about letting him go last year and not trying to resign him. He is no longer a big time threat, but he was still good enough. His years are almost up, so I doubt he will get a big deal any where. He will play, but the $ he got before is done. They most likely tried to offer him a low ball 1 year deal and he said no. But they made it clear last year he was not getting a big dollar long term deal. He was fun to watch in his prime.

The article I read said he wanted a team that was a contender and the vikings offered to match any offer he got.

Just read the first article I pulled up on Google so not sure how true it is.

Well, Jared sure would like to go to a Super Bowl Contending team. Duh:confused:
Jared has been a heck of a D End, another Duh. :)
Lost a couple steps? for sure. He may sign for a contending team but at a LOT less salary then the Vikes could afford. Allen is testing the market, We'll see.
For one thing Jared should play on passing downs only, now during His elderly years.;)
The Jerad thing reminds me Of Brian Urlacher last year.

Brian still wanted to play NFL, still wanted a SB Ring, Still wanted to play top level at His position.
Didn't work did it. You lose a couple steps, your done.
What the heck? :confused: Go bird hunting. :cheers:

I have a #69 Jared Allen Jersey by the way. Totally one of the best Vikes ever. Wish they would have worked out another year. :(

I cant wait to hear capt coots thoughts on this:eek: wouldn't it be ironic if it was minn and green bay playing for a playoff spot in Viking land and ponder thows a pass that would win the game only to be intercepted by jerod allen :cheers:

I guess I have to disagree with that last statement. Chicago, GB and Det all have talent which makes for a pretty tough division. That being said the schedule for the NFC North is going to be very tough this year. Teams are going to have to play well and stay healthy to have a good record at the end of the year.

The Pack has all the $$$,$$$,$$$ tied up in two players, Mathews and Rodgers.
Poor guys still have to make ends meet with a bunch of dumb azz comercials. REALLY!:eek:
I'm on record. :eek:
Pack WILL NOT contend in 2014 for much of anything. That is? except stupid commercials. :cheers:

Down side, :( Viking have no one famous enough to make a commercial. :cheers:

Problem with Mathews is he's hurt A lot.

Only difference between the Packers and the rest of the nfc north is the pack has a good quarterback. When Rogers got hurt they played like the vikings.

I think it will still be the Packers season again unless they loose Rodgers again. That's the only thing that he does not have that Favre did. Special toughness. Favre I would say was a warrior. He played through a lot of pain when others wouldn't. There will be some story book QB's popping up soon enough, only time will tell what team guesses right and where they land. As said vikes passed on both Rodgers and Wilson LOL. :rolleyes:

Well they are smarter then you think they signed Linval Joseph from NY:thumbsup::10sign: That will help big time on Dline. Also got Henery Melton coming in for talks and Captain M is stopping in for talks as well. So they could be going big time on defence this year. Solid move:thumbsup: Bye Jared who?:D

Boy!! the action is starting to churn up around the league. Derrell Revis signed with the Pats and Eric Decker is now a NY Jet. Darren Sproles (Saints RB) is now an Eagle.

This is getting more interesting by the hour .....

I'm back from seeing granny and I see you guys let the sheep fans think their teams getting better:mad: Well for one the pack has 35000000 to spend that's alot:thumbsup: 2. vikings still suck cassels a backup captain M not that great video of int on nfl website I could have made:eek: 3.Its only a matter of time before they sign an old washed up packer:)

Back