Vikings News

mnmthunting

Banned
Sounds to me like Vikings management has manufactured a Ponder injury?
Ponders press conference, according to Christian, He sez,I had some discomfort, "they tell Me I'm injured"

So why can't Frazier and the boys tell it like it is?

Cassel will start in London. :cheers: Bout time.

OH YEAH! I should add "In my opinion" :)

Sounds to me like Vikings management has manufactured a Ponder injury?
Ponders press conference, according to Christian, He sez,I had some discomfort, "they tell Me I'm injured"

So why can't Frazier and the boys tell it like it is?

Cassel will start in London. :cheers: Bout time.

OH YEAH! I should add "In my opinion" :)

Funny how fortunes change. Last year cassel put up one of the worst years we had ever seen. Nobody here could wait to see him leave. He is a stand up guy. I hope he does well.

Last year cassel put up one of the worst years we had ever seen. Nobody here could wait to see him leave. He is a stand up guy. I hope he does well.

He can't be a whole lot worse than Ponder. ;)

This is a way for the Vikings management to "save face" if you will, rather than just yanking him and admitting failure. Ponder may have been slightly banged up (sore ribs) but then why would you telegraph that to the opposing team just so they could target him knowing full well he was hurting? No... by doing that you know he won't be starting or at the very best be a game time decision.

I hate to say it but the Vikings problems aren't solely related to the QB position. Yes, that is a major part of it, but the offensive line is not helping matters and the defense is allowing teams to come from behind late in the game and can't make any stops. You could rattle off many weaknesses. Pass rush is off, linebacker play is suspect, you could point the finger in a lot of directions this year as a whole.

You are right on birdshooter.
Ponder is just another poor performer. Secondary is all beat up, Jared can't do much against even single teamed good tackle anymore. Back in
His prime it was beating double teams often.
Offensive line is up and down, I think they will come around.
Close games all it takes is one play.

Webb fading into the end zone, easy completion for an NFL QB, Ponder overthrows him.

About 4 minutes left in 4th quarter 3rd and 4 at the Viking 25, Jennings wide open for an easy first down to run the clock, Ponder throws the ball 5 yards out of bounds. Punt time and the Browns are mid field.

Ponder is easier to replace then the others having a bad year.
History shows that Cassel has Pro Bowl possibilities. Time for a change.

Webb fading into the end zone, easy completion for an NFL QB, Ponder overthrows him.

Yeah that one really had me scratching my head. You JUST can't miss those wide open easy throws.

Ponder is easier to replace then the others having a bad year.
History shows that Cassel has Pro Bowl possibilities. Time for a change.

Cassel is no different than any other QB in the fact that they need the OL to give them at least a chance, without that It doesn't matter who you plug in there.

Comparing the two, I think Cassel is the better (more accurate) passer, while Ponder is better at using his legs to get out of a jam. What Ponder really lacks is pocket awareness, basically the ability to step up in the pocket under heavy rush and not take his eyes off down field. He doesn't sense the rush coming while keeping his focus down field. He takes his eyes off the receivers and pulls them back to the rush. Hence, receivers may be open for an instance, but he never sees them. I don't think you can teach that, but rather you either have that ability or you don't.

Last edited:
Yeah if that offensive line doesn't settle down, Cassel may not be of big help.
Ponders running is an asset sometimes.
Adrian is doing OK, He is ahead of 012 stats in every way except runs over 20 yards. Maybe Feltons return will help?

He should do well this week. He will have an ax to grind against his old coach Haley. He was probably the reason he failed here. Look what Haley has done for Roethlisberger:eek:

Last edited:
Queens are just 2 plays from being 2 and 1.

I say Queens will pull this game out.
Change of QB sometimes works wonders for team attitude. :cheers:

Queens are just 2 plays from being 2 and 1.

I say Queens will pull this game out.
Change of QB sometimes works wonders for team attitude. :cheers:

You maybe right. However If the OL can't protect the QB, it matters very little. The QB can't be running for his life and win the game.:)

Vikes Win! And Cassel has a very good game. It appeared that the whole offense had a different attitude with Cassel as QB. I certainly feel that Cassel earned another start in place of Ponder. Guess we will see how Fraizer feels about it in a couple weeks (bye week next week).

Vikes Win! And Cassel has a very good game. It appeared that the whole offense had a different attitude with Cassel as QB. I certainly feel that Cassel earned another start in place of Ponder. Guess we will see how Fraizer feels about it in a couple weeks (bye week next week).

was a nice suck out by the vicks, it still was not very impressive. Just saying, vicks are ablow 500 team all day long. You all better start looking at Denver, because that is impressive.:)

Vikes could've won with ponder today:eek:. Steelers ain't much. I feel sorry for the NFC team that has to play the broncos in the SB:) Better hope for bronco injuries.

I think Seattle might make Elway and the Broncos study up on a game plan.:)

Vikes could've won with ponder today:eek:.

I don't think so. Ponder would never have found Jennings on that first touchdown pass. A great QB can make a huge difference in a team. Look at what Manning has done for the Broncos. And last night what Brady did for the Pats. Brady has virtually no receivers and still wins. But a good QB and a good coach together and you will win. Unfortunately the Vikings don't have either.

Did you see what Fraizer said in the post-game interview? He said Ponder is still his starter. Really? After the game Cassel had. I think Frazier must have gotten a concussion along the side line. You go with the "hot hand". the guys that gives you the best chance to win. And right now that's NOT Ponder.

Is it not amazing how players suddenly come to life when a player they want in is activated? Receivers lit it up, O line blocked as they can, got a bunch a sacks. I think the team has a way of making decisions as well.;) You will see the same poor blocking for Ponder if they do the stupid and put him back in. Cassle showed what he could do before KC got him on their crappy team. He had no support there, on his back every play. That was on KC there. Our Line is fine.Don't forget the few key injury's to both lines in the first couple games and pre season by low life cheap shots and dirty pool, Suh etc. Williams back, center back and getting healthy, couple injury's on secondary yet. It will get better. As long as Ponder is out. Allen needed to have a right hand man too, come on, he cant do it all LOL. Big K was back and the line was penetrating again, and so comes the turn overs and sacks. Week off will help heal those big men and look out. Just please keep CP on the bench for cripes sake.

Last edited:
If Ponder is announced as the starter for Carolina, he is literally going to be booed off the field coming out of the tunnel.

I think Frazier has no choice but to start Cassel. I heard him say it during his press conference. "It's nice when you don't have interceptions/turn overs, when you don't turn the ball over, it can sometimes make the difference in a win or loss" A roundabout jab at Ponder...

Personally, the Vikes will continue to use the rib injury excuse even with the bye week giving Ponder an extra week to re-coop. They have their out and will be able to save face for the time being by starting Cassel.

Remember, :) Cassel was a Pro Bowl QB His first year in KC, wasn't HE?
Then things fell apart didn't they?

Well, :confused:
If Fraizer goes with Ponder after the bye, I'm going with the Seahawks.

Probably will anyway, who else can challenge the Broncos?

:cheers:

They could have went after Manning and the Wilson and the San Fran QB:rolleyes: They like sucky QB's I guess. Cassle did a nice job in New England If I remember too did he not? I think if he gets a fair shake behind a good line with a running game he gets his confidence back. Then look out. Its there he has talent.

Back