UPH get together

goldeneye, I think you should continue going forward with your original plan at the preserve in Granite Falls. If there are only 5 or 6 of us that show up so be it. We'll run the dogs, shoot some pheasants and have a lot of fun. Some how I have a sneaky feeling that by the time the event comes to be you will have a few more people there.

Maybe we can also do something like FC has proposed after the first of June. Most trials should be done and hopefully the weather won't be too hot.

You guys just need to take a good plan and do it. You won't ever get everyone to agree.

Personally I'm looking forward to it. I get to run my dog, shoot some birds and have some great social time with my fellow hunters from this site. Doesn't get an better than that! :cheers:

goldeneye, I think you should continue going forward with your original plan at the preserve in Granite Falls. If there are only 5 or 6 of us that show up so be it. We'll run the dogs, shoot some pheasants and have a lot of fun. Some how I have a sneaky feeling that by the time the event comes to be you will have a few more people there.

Maybe we can also do something like FC has proposed after the first of June. Most trials should be done and hopefully the weather won't be too hot.

You guys just need to take a good plan and do it. You won't ever get everyone to agree.

Personally I'm looking forward to it. I get to run my dog, shoot some birds and have some great social time with my fellow hunters from this site. Doesn't get an better than that! :cheers:

Ditto what Zeb says. I have put a trips together on other sites since 2003. Stick to your plan, you started it and trust me, people want a sure thing, lead by someone dedicated to a plan. Your doing good Lee. If I can at all help it. I will try and be there. I think it sounds like a great time. The next few weeks and doctors appointment will tell me a lot.

What better training, then to put the dog on some birds.

Yeah your right, it would be a hoot to meet you guys, I have all sorts of questions to ask. Maybe if Webguy put some incentive like a UPH hat :p I might try to make it.

Yep
i'll be calling tommorow to get the ball rolling and hope to get a few questions answered. I'll post updates

We are penciled in for April 2

I said we would like to start at noon. (Travel time for a few of us I thought this would be good )
There is no real end time.

I was told we can have the back room they can cater food if we would like.

They said we would get a couple strips of land? where we could run two dogs per one strip easy.

I have never been here before but I was told by a friend of mine to use them. They have got to be the easiest people to deal with.

Any questions let me know I am sure I will have to call them again anyway.

Why not!

I believe it is not my weekend to work so I will make it. I am trying to decide which dog to bring out of 3!

Lazlo

So it seems everyone has a dog or two maybe more I know ill bring
"Gus aka crazy" maybe we should also get a count on dogs who's gonna bring one or more and if its a flusher or pointer?

I've been working with Lee on this get together and when we get closer to the time we will be taking a head count on hunters and dogs. We will establish some simple guidelines for the event just to keep it organized. Depending on the number of dogs, we may have to limit the number of dogs in the field at any one time. I've got 2 dogs and I only plan on bringing one just to simplify things.

Until we have a better handle on the number coming we won't be able to determine an exact format of the event. Things may change depending on whether there are 6 guys there or 16. I'm sure everyone can understand that. The main thing we want to accomplish is to make it a fun and enjoyable event for everyone. We're still 2 1/2 months away from April 2nd so please bear with us.

I'm not trying to steal Lee's (goldeneye) thunder here since he is "The Man", just trying to help him.

I'm not trying to steal Lee's (goldeneye) thunder here since he is "The Man", just trying to help him.

I stole the idea from (GustavDaGSP) I talked with him and we decided on the location. Since I have no idea what i'm doing I asked you (Dakotazeb)for help.
There is no thunder stealing more like a HOT potato.
You just saved me a lot of typing thanks:thumbsup:

We welcome both flushers and pointers. At this time it would appear there are more pointers. Depending on how we structure things we may try to run flushers and pointers separate.

My girlfreind and I are in. You can put me with the flushers. :cheers: Cant wait for April 2nd

My girlfreind and I are in. You can put me with the flushers. :cheers: Cant wait for April 2nd

Good. Is your girl friend going to hunt too? Just trying to keep a head count.

Count me in, as of right now I don't have any scheduling issues that I know of....I will fall into the flushers as well, 1 lab...

Since we are unsure how this event if going to be formatted I would just like everyone with multiple dogs to be aware that you may, or may not, be able to run all your dogs. A lot is going to depend on how many people we end up with. Lee and I are hoping to get over to the preserve before April 2nd to get a better idea of how we can structure the hunt. Bear in mind that this will not be like a normal hunt for wild birds. We are dealing with planted birds in small (40 acre) parcels. Lots of unknowns at this point but we hope to have all the answers as we get closed to the date.

Right now I have a tally of 11 hunters, all with at least 1 dog. And there are 3 others with multiple dogs that might show up.

Back