turkey season

Now if that doesn't turn those kids on to hunting, nothing will.

Great job Mike and mentors. Nice shooting kids!

nice looking birds!! way to go guys. Quick question, are hybrids the norm in your part of Kansas ? I want to try and fill out my Kansas slam one day,. We are fortunately located in the part of the USA where you can get 3 out of the 4 birds to do a slam. I would consider a hybrid icing on my cake!
Again, nice job!!

:cheers:

Hybrids are fairly common here, at least for my gun.:thumbsup:

Two years in a row I shot bearded hens too. You should add one of those to your hit list for your KS grand slam.

have a couple opportunity's to shoot bearded hens. seem to be several around again this season. Probably will wait until the bird population bounces back before shooting a hen, but your right will add it to the Kansas slam. Hopefully, if things work out right, I will have more time to hunt in the coming years, so the bucket list of a kansas slam is still in the planning stages. Do have a contact out west for a Rio, working on a place for a Merriam, but still have time for that.

I hadn't heard that, but I don't pay them much attention. I'll ask around and see if anyone else has.

I think a lot of the birds in NW Kansas are hybrids. I've shot some funky birds out there over the years and have seen quite a few toms with white tips on there tails. We have pure Merriams around where I live and some of the toms I've seen in NW Kansas have much lighter tail feather tips than any Merriams I've ever seen.

thanks fro the info Looks like I will have to settle for a hybrid in NW Kansas. Never have hunted up there, will have to hope for walk-in property to last for a while. That will be two years away, if my plans stay firm.
Another topic, what ever happened to the old man from Colorado who runs GSP's, can't remember his name, was pretty cantankerous at times. He hunted a lot of turkeys in NW Kansas. Haven't heard from him for a while.

thanks

wow, that's a surprise. wonder how they got there. would expect rio's in the sw. well then, that might make things a little easier. thank you sir for the info.

Back