Trying to get my nephew a bird

Holy cow if I went that long without folding up a rooster I would have given up. Maybe its just not for him. Gotta wonder is he even enjoys going with at this point.
He does enjoy it because he drives 8 hours to do it, and takes time off work, and the expenses of it.We pay for his room, and make things easy for him.I don't know.I know shooting a pump isn't that easy.He's in a major slump. That game farm idea might work but those places are very spendy!!

He does enjoy it because he drives 8 hours to do it, and takes time off work, and the expenses of it.We pay for his room, and make things easy for him.I don't know.I know shooting a pump isn't that easy.He's in a major slump. That game farm idea might work but those places are very spendy!!
Well it does sound like he at least has some interest.

I wouldn't do the game farm thing. Those birds are like hunting chickens. That's taking the easy way out. He'll connect one of these times.

Well it does sound like he at least has some interest.

I wouldn't do the game farm thing. Those birds are like hunting chickens. That's taking the easy way out. He'll connect one of these times.
Sometimes you need a few softballs lobbed at you to build confidence, ie game farm birds.

September dove hunting.
In a hotspot this could be good advice he won't have time to look at his phone. Also a thought that came to mind was a young first-year dove Hunter from Louisiana, his advice was get by a naked tree!

If he's putting that much effort into it, he deserve to kill a bird.
It's hard to fix someone shooting woes, over the internet. I hope you figure out a way to get him over the hump. Good luck from Arkansas.
Thanks. It just baffles me how a guy could go that long without at least hitting a bird! I've tried everything, I just don't know. I was outshoooting my dad when I was 16.I was a ringer I guess.I was raised in Montana on the plains.

I think it's already been said. The kid just needs to shoot. Chances are he's not cross eye dominant. The gun probably fits good enough. Get him interested in shooting. If nothing else his eyes and brain will figure out the straight aways, he will get some confidence and start hitting. If you've never seen it, there's nothing like the smile on a kids face after busting a few straight aways in a row. Don't introduce angels for a while. If he lives far away, see if there's someone in his hometown that will help him. I would bet there is!!

I think it's already been said. The kid just needs to shoot. Chances are he's not cross eye dominant. The gun probably fits good enough. Get him interested in shooting. If nothing else his eyes and brain will figure out the straight aways, he will get some confidence and start hitting. If you've never seen it, there's nothing like the smile on a kids face after busting a few straight aways in a row. Don't introduce angels for a while. If he lives far away, see if there's someone in his hometown that will help him. I would bet there is!!
He has been shooting trap once in a while. I'm sure he could benefit from a lesson. I have a feeling this annual montana hunt will be his only pheasant hunting every year.Hes going to graduate school this fall, so he may have more time to hunt over the Christmas break, although he will probably have a job.

He has been shooting trap once in a while. I'm sure he could benefit from a lesson. I have a feeling this annual montana hunt will be his only pheasant hunting every year.Hes going to graduate school this fall, so he may have more time to hunt over the Christmas break, although he will probably have a job.
Yeah, jobs suck!! They will really cut into your hunting time!!

Thanks. It just baffles me how a guy could go that long without at least hitting a bird! I've tried everything, I just don't know. I was outshoooting my dad when I was 16.I was a ringer I guess.I was raised in Montana on the plains.
Hey GM? You might check the lop on the shotgun he's using. Most guns have a longer butt stock than is comfortable for my arms. Makes a HUGE difference in setting the shotgun to shoulder and tracking the bird.

Best wishes.

Hey GM? You might check the lop on the shotgun he's using. Most guns have a longer butt stock than is comfortable for my arms. Makes a HUGE difference in setting the shotgun to shoulder and tracking the bird.

Best wishes.
He's a short guy, with short arms and legs. I think he needs a custom made shotgun.

My goodness my previous post about the land of OZ was right one!!🙄
He is a Munchkin🤪
"Clark, this post is the post that keeps on giving all year long"

Now that spring is sprung, maybe you should get your nephew out shooting some trap and skeet, it should help his chances of connecting with the real thing come next fall.

Back