Thunder Chicken Time!

-Wildcat-

Super Moderator
Two and a half weeks out. Next to upland, it's a close second to my favorite hunting past time. There's nothing quite like calling in an old weary Tom, and then blowing his face off! :D I'll be out on the 1st, trying to tag out with the Magnus Broadheads. :cheers:

Crappie spawn will hit super early this year, so better tag out soon!

Here are a couple of Magnus Bullhead victims ;)

April08020.jpg

April09_0211.jpg

Nicely done Steve! Are you using 4" feathers? I ordered the Victory arrows last year. They have a touch of helical and fly quite nice. :cheers:

Just so happens that I went out to listen yesterday morning in one of my honey holes.Pulled in at 7:10,birds where talking hard,flew down at 7:20,had 6 long beards trying to beat hell out of each other.Looks like there are alot more birds this year.
Can't wait.

Yes sir it's go time. Out on the 1st with the bow and kid. Then guiding/ callin for my buddies for the rest of the season. I am better at kill big Tom's than big bucks.:confused:

BTW...ticks going to be bad this year. Better spray down you clothes with Sawyer Tick Spray (@ Bass pro) . It kick a$$...used it now for 4 years and have had one tick on me.:)

good luck and let see some pic's!

Yep, looking forward to spring turkey. Will be shooting them w/a 12 ga.

Nicely done Steve! Are you using 4" feathers? I ordered the Victory arrows last year. They have a touch of helical and fly quite nice. :cheers:

Those are 5" and a lot of helical. I think 4" will work if your bow is pretty well in tune.

I had it dead on with field points to 25 yards. But most of my shots are about 10 yards or less. Shot one at less than 3 yards, got blood on the blind on that one :)

Those are 5" and a lot of helical. I think 4" will work if your bow is pretty well in tune.

I had it dead on with field points to 25 yards. But most of my shots are about 10 yards or less. Shot one at less than 3 yards, got blood on the blind on that one :)

Nice! Did he scare you by trying to crawl into your blind? :D

The Victory arrows Magnus sells for the Bullhead are actually 4x4", so they fly real true. Only issue is I had to buy a drop away rest, because my Hostage just wasn't set up to handle 4x4's.

Nice! Did he scare you by trying to crawl into your blind? :D

The Victory arrows Magnus sells for the Bullhead are actually 4x4", so they fly real true. Only issue is I had to buy a drop away rest, because my Hostage just wasn't set up to handle 4x4's.

Well it was pretty graphic :D

I have always had a drop away, just because the guys that help me get started all said that it was the way to go..

I think you are going to like the bullheads. With regular broadheads I have lost a couple that flew or ran off with a arrow sticking out of them. With the bullhead to the neck, if you hit them they are not going anywhere :cheers:

Back