These video guys

One time I mentioned Hilger,Montana. I was scolded for it.
Can't you see that you're making his point? He mentions not having any problem with people giving a general area, or a state, and you come back with a very specific location. It's called hotspotting, and you were called out for doing exactly that. Some hunting web sites have rules specifically against hotspotting, and I'm in complete agreement with that approach. Lastly, I've seen you complain many times about the number of hunters coming to Montana, yet you directed them to Hilger. Hard to complain if you're in essence facilitating traffic.

A group of 10 guys shows up,at 200 dollars per guy.Thats 2 grand for that farmer in one day!!Unbelievable.
It's called a free market economy with all the bells and whistles of supply and demand sprinkled in. I have a group of 9 and this is our 28th straight season hunting 8 different farms for 4 days each year. Some years have been better than others but never pen-raised birds!! We don't pay $200/day but we pay something south of that. The farmers, great friends of ours, tried to stop taking our money 10 years ago and we insisted, so now they give the money their grandkids and church. You add in a little whiskey, a few cigars, and a fish fry or two and I have unreal memories made. If there were no pay hunting opportunities, the public access would be hunted to death - minimizing your opportunities. And...if i wasn't pushing birds off private ground on to public, you would have fewer opportunities for sure.

Last edited:
It's called a free market economy with all the bells and whistles of supply and demand sprinkled in. I have a group of 9 and this is our 28th straight season hunting 8 different farms for 4 days each year. Some years have been better than others but never pen-raised birds!! We don't pay $200/day but we pay something south of that. The farmers, great friends of ours, tried to stop taking our money 10 years ago and we insisted, so now they give the money their grandkids and church. You add in a little whiskey, a few cigars, and a fish fry or two and I have unreal memories made. If there were no pay hunting opportunities, the public access would be hunted to death - minimizing your opportunities. And...if i wasn't pushing birds off private ground on to public, you would have fewer opportunities for sure.
Hunting is not like going to wal mart.Tell this guy thank you,and give him a good cigar. Paying no.

If there were no pay hunting opportunities, the public access would be hunted to death - minimizing your opportunities. And...if i wasn't pushing birds off private ground on to public, you would have fewer opportunities for sure.

Don't know what state your talking about but in SD there's tons of pay hunting & more public then anyplace else & it still has the crap hunted out of it. And plenty of guys still shoot plenty of roos on the public all season long. But any panty oyster who thinks hunting private ground makes better phez numbers on public has it backwards 100%

Don't know what state your talking about but in SD there's tons of pay hunting & more public then anyplace else & it still has the crap hunted out of it. And plenty of guys still shoot plenty of roos on the public all season long. But any panty oyster who thinks hunting private ground makes better phez numbers on public has it backwards 100%
Easy there scooter. I see birds leaving the farms we hunt, gliding straight on to public areas every year and it's been SD for almost 30 consecutive years for me. I'm sure the public grounds push birds back to private as well.

If someone is hunting private land, and not hunting public... how on earth would that not make the public land better? Less traffic through a spot should lead to more birds, right?

Rubes are big game hunters...
astute observation. a retiring KS game warden was given a page in the state's wildlife magazine to say goodbye, express his views, etc. He said that in 20 years of being a warden he did not come across EVEN ONE deer camp where everything was on the up and up.

Back