T minus 15 days, what county is everyone heading to???

Nice, I'll be south of Ellsworth and east of Claflin down into Chase. You hit that WIHA on the Barton/Ellsworth line right off of 156?

yep, we own that land and my uncl lives across the street from it, we're usually the first ones in that field. it gets hit pretty hard as it is easy to find. we will sit on the porch and watch 3-4 groups hit it in a couple of hours

yep, we own that land and my uncl lives across the street from it, we're usually the first ones in that field. it gets hit pretty hard as it is easy to find. we will sit on the porch and watch 3-4 groups hit it in a couple of hours
So is he the house that is just north and west abit? I almost always start at that patch first, and then move on to private ground from there. What's your uncles name? Heck I might know him, if I don't I'm sure that my dad does! Maybe we will run into each other out there this year, I'll be driving a white Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab 4x4. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Kiot,

We usuallly try to get that field first thing opening morning but some of us are "hurting a little" on opening morning. If you've ever been to Odin then you know what i'm talking about lol. If we dont get that field then we hunt the field to the north just across the sand road.
That is my uncles house that youre referring to. we love it when you guys hunt our wiha cause the birds always get pushed to our private area! Its a win win! lol
I'll be in a white f150 four door with jo co plates and an american exteriors decal on the tailgate. If you see me lets talk, we own 4 sections in that area and have permission on serveral more!
Hope to see you out there!

Kiot,

We usuallly try to get that field first thing opening morning but some of us are "hurting a little" on opening morning. If you've ever been to Odin then you know what i'm talking about lol. If we dont get that field then we hunt the field to the north just across the sand road.
That is my uncles house that youre referring to. we love it when you guys hunt our wiha cause the birds always get pushed to our private area! Its a win win! lol
I'll be in a white f150 four door with jo co plates and an american exteriors decal on the tailgate. If you see me lets talk, we own 4 sections in that area and have permission on serveral more!
Hope to see you out there!
I always walk that patch to the south to keep the birds that escape headed across 156 to the other patch of WIHA, it doesn't always work though.. :D If you're refering to that patch on the north side of that pasture then I think that I saw you guys last year! I can relate to the Odin hurt too! Good luck out there and hopefully we'll see you!

Ill be in Barton county hunting our families farm ground, then a little north to ellsworth co? where will everyone else be?? Maybe a good time to put faces to the names and maybe walk a field together!!!!!

Sheridan and Graham mostly, and one place in Gove (top secret).

Last edited:
i wont make it to the supper friday night but maybe you can come down here on saturday night and we can meet and have a cup of coffee i live 18 miles south of hoxie or maybe on your way up there you can stop bye i am taking off work at noon

Finney, Hodgeman, Gray, Ford
its tradition; got alot of friends to catch up with

if it is OK with webguy; I was going to print up a UPH logo and stick it on the vehicle

if any one sees the UPH logo, make sure to stop

realized its my :10sign: year anniversary

Last edited:
Heading to Norton County 19th yr (in a row) for me, and the 53rd yr (in a row). for some of the older family and friends.. Good times are awaiting.

wallace and greeley with a mix of wiha and private land. I can't wait.

Finney, Hodgeman, Gray, Ford
its tradition; got alot of friends to catch up with

if it is OK with webguy; I was going to print up a UPH logo and stick it on the vehicle

if any one sees the UPH logo, make sure to stop

realized its my :10sign: year anniversary

What part of Gray? We will be s of Ensign

KTU - also will be hunting Rush and surrounding areas week before Thanksgiving (after opening weekend crowd leaves). Be about 15th year for me. Looking for the WIHA field that the 100s of others have missed! I just love the country and the serenity of being out there and not seeing a soul around - kicking up roosters is just a bonus.

I will be out in Region 3 (Southwest) for the opener. Already have permission to hunt private and plenty of vacation days at work. The guns are cleaned and motel reservations confirmed. I started hitting the treadmill seven days a week in March and am ready for the fireworks to start. Good luck to everyone and stay safe.

Here are some pictures from the last weekend (January 2010) in Northwest Kansas. One hunter, two setters (5 and 1 year of age), three days, twelve roosters, points, honors, retrieves, priceless. Sleepless nights until November 13!

Wyandotte? Where at in wyandotte do you live, I have lived there my whole life. Maybe we can get together one weekend and go knock some birds down.

Steve

this ought to be good. new guy got the third degree on asking about local information...we'll see if giving out the county of choice will be honey hole sensitive...:eek:

Southernblues, people from allen county should be banned from this site as some of us dont have such awesome land 5 minutes from our house so we have to drive West. how was your Missouri quail hunt?
All others Gove and Trego counties is were I will be, even if I have to ride a Greyhound bus to get there.

Southernblues, people from allen county should be banned from this site as some of us dont have such awesome land 5 minutes from our house so we have to drive West. how was your Missouri quail hunt?
All others Gove and Trego counties is were I will be, even if I have to ride a Greyhound bus to get there.

Please do not ban the guys from Iola and Allen County because some great people are from there like me. I was in the class of 1976 in Iola High School. Dad still lives in Iola & said he saw a covey of quail on the 40 just the other day, I hope they lots of friends in the area. Good luck to all of you only 8 days 17 hours and 30minutes to go according to the countdown clock and we can start hunting pheasnts and stop writing about them.

Back