South dakota on the decline

if you want to believe someone takes in 400-600 hunters a year and they shoot wild birds and does not release them that is fine. Logic would dictate that is not feasible for that kind of pressure could sustain a wild bird population. But fantasy does

if you want to believe someone takes in 400-600 hunters a year and they shoot wild birds and does not release them that is fine. Logic would dictate that is not feasible for that kind of pressure could sustain a wild bird population. But fantasy does

You know a lot about fantasy but not much about logic.

Moderators I am sure this is someone you banned before. You can check the IP address and you should see it is from the same system location.

Make the Forum Great again!

Opinion

You know a lot about fantasy but not much about logic.

Moderators I am sure this is someone you banned before. You can check the IP address and you should see it is from the same system location.

Make the Forum Great again!

We are able and permitted to express our opinions here. Unlike you I do not have a business and use the forum to provide a link to a business. Just because someone disagrees with you you run to the moderator. If you disagree quit attacking and educate with supporting evidence. I won't be posting much longer because it's bird season on our millions of acres of public land here in Michigan. Native birds!

fyi i am a member of ph (rooster booster) and have hunted there for years .
To personally improve the pheasant numbers this year i will not hunt there

great i'm feel safer already
plus you just raised the average hunters iq by removing yourself from the equation

CREP land rents for $140/acre. WIA for about $7/acre. Get what you pay for.

I have always wondered is uguide land private land owned by uguide or is it leased from private land owners ? and if it's leased what rate is paid by uguide?

I find it quite humorous that those with lesser intelligence and knowledge can only attack and demean. My not going there will assure that three birds per day will survive to be hunted by others. Good luck.

Good point but consider this Woodsman. The greedy farmers and companies like Uguide and others may not want the states to improve their habitat and open and improve the few public lands they have. That would cut into their profits and the land they are attempting to acquire.

Good point but consider this Woodsman. The greedy farmers and companies like Uguide and others may not want the states to improve their habitat and open and improve the few public lands they have. That would cut into their profits and the land they are attempting to acquire.

This is same BS you get from the liberal left facist freak flakes. No basis. Just rant! Here's hoping this forum will not value or tolerate either.

Neither. Mine is owned and the rest is not leased.

If it's not leased how do you come upon that much property for your customers.Is it people you know who let you use their land at no charge or is it owned by others in the uguide business, that's part of the whole uguide operation.Just curious, as I've heard a great deal about uguide and have considered you as an option for the disappearing huntable land left in south Dakota.Thanks

If it's not leased how do you come upon that much property for your customers.Is it people you know who let you use their land at no charge or is it owned by others in the uguide business, that's part of the whole uguide operation.Just curious, as I've heard a great deal about uguide and have considered you as an option for the disappearing huntable land left in south Dakota.Thanks

i suspect one could partner with landowners...uguide doesn't have any costs per se by doing this, other than revenue sharing...this incents the landowner to provide habitat.

It's owned by the farmer/rancher individuals on whose land you will be hunting and lodging. Speculating here, but probably many of these landlords welcome additional hunting revenue but don't want the inconvenience of managing 10 different hunting groups on a yearly basis. Uguide provides the online platform to do just that and probably takes a cut of the revenue. Except for "Pheasant Camp Lodge", he owns that one.

Am I close?

Its a very unique cooperative models. Continuous process improvement. Landowners-uguide-hunters.

It's owned by the farmer/rancher individuals on whose land you will be hunting and lodging. Speculating here, but probably many of these landlords welcome additional hunting revenue but don't want the inconvenience of managing 10 different hunting groups on a yearly basis. Uguide provides the online platform to do just that and probably takes a cut of the revenue. Except for "Pheasant Camp Lodge", he owns that one.

Am I close?

There's a thing I like to tell people when they ask a lot of questions. You are either my partner or my competition.

I think the state should try and move more land into the CREP program where habitat is more managed for wildlife.The WIA program is too variable,as land can be mowed over or changed , and still left in the program and when you show up to hunt there's nothing there.In the beginning WIA lands were abundant and you could move from one spot to the next and generally find good habitat.It's all about habitat.

Great thoughts on the habitat. That is key. I am sorry to hear about the dry weather, hopefully things improve. How active is Pheasants Forever in working with habitat restoration? I hope everyone on this forum is a member.

Huntmore Vizslas

Great thoughts on the habitat. That is key. I am sorry to hear about the dry weather, hopefully things improve. How active is Pheasants Forever in working with habitat restoration? I hope everyone on this forum is a member.

Huntmore Vizslas

Just curious what it is that you are hoping PF is going to do?

We have a 20 trillion dollar national debt. We run a trillion dollar national deficit. Everyone wants $ for their pet cause...not to mention the millions already on welfare...medicaid...medicare is running out of $...social security is projected to be insolvent in about 15 years (it will be fixed, btw)...the population of humans is 7+ billion, heading for 10 billion soon...they need to be fed...all those mouths eventually push up the prices of commodities (demand)...production will follow...it is GODDAMNED expensive to idle large amounts of land in CRP or CREP when you are struggling to buy health insurance...put $ away for college or retirement...and everything else that a farmer needs...equipment...seed...fertilizer...land rent or payments to the bank...etc, etc, etc...and MANY farmers find themselves at age 50 and they now have ANOTHER family to support...I know of MANY situations like that...a son and daughter in law and babies are now being melded in to the operation...they're looking for more tillable acres, not land to enroll in conservation programs...so, the smart guys like UGUIDE or PF or Donald Duck need to convince the farmer that certain conservation practices will aid his farming practices...and there are some that do...and there has to be $ from the USDA to make it happen...and we will be shooting a rifle, not a shotgun, at these more precise practices...it will help...but don't expect to see a sea of grass out there like we got used to at various times in the past 30 years...

Benelli-butt or whatever your name is. You sound like such a Egotistical democrat.
I'll stand with UGUIDE and Donald Trump! Not sure why he was brought up anyways because we've had
the worst president in the history of the US these past 8 years. He was a heck of a gun salesman though.
I believe some of your points are valid

Just curious what it is that you are hoping PF is going to do?

Pheasants Forever has lots of programs available. They are first and foremost a habitat organization, and most of the funds raised stay local. One of their best programs is helping local land owners improve their upland habitat. They also raise money to purchase land for habitat. Here is a link from 2014 on the work they did in South Dakota: https://www.pheasantsforever.org/Ne...Forever-Announces-2014-South-Dakota-Habi.aspx

Huntmore Vizslas

Back