Some Idiots

webguy

UPH Owner/Founder
Staff member
It appears we have an idiot on the board calling pheasant hunters murder's and all of that B.S. Yes, we have heard it before. These are the same people that are eating their steak & chicken dinner tonight.

Rest assured, it's taken care of and the person has been banned. Please report any of this immediately. I have absolutely zero tolerance for this and give me a hollar if any of you are getting slandered by another idiot of this nature.

The user in question was: balinkkkkkkkkkk & IEatKFClikeBalin. I have this person's emails, IP address, state of residence and location of their ISP. If they come back under another name, let me know.

Thanks guys.

I too thank you for the heads up!

Any other problems with the site or users, send me a PM or feel free to post them here in this part of the forum board.

They appeared one more time as: IGotBannedLastTime.

Then the person appears again under IndianaHunter as if that is supposed to trick us.

This person apparently has a lot of time to spend not being a productive member of society.

Thanks

This is one of the very many reasons that this site is so much better that other site......:10sign: :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Way to pluck the head off!!!! Nice work and thanks!

Rod:10sign:

Any other problems with the site or users, send me a PM or feel free to post them here in this part of the forum board.

What purpose does this kind of post do for the site. His negative attitudes on the other site were counter productive and drove many people away from the site.

Friends of Friends

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the most interesting parts of being a landowner and having land to hunt is the Friends-of-Friends Phenomonen. Each year I like to invite my usual friends to hunt with me but also I like to ask a few other friends that haven't hunted with me before. It seems that my usual buddies rarely, if ever, ask if they can bring along a buddy of theirs. I guess that is why they are my usual hunting buddies. However if I ask someone new if they would like to hunt with me for a day or a weekend I always brace for the inevitable "may I bring along so and so"? or "so and so's". It is hard to say no in those situations so invariable they bring along their "so and so's and we hunt pheasants for the last time. About the only way a friend-of-a-friend can get a repeat invitation is if they suck-up bigtime by complimenting my habitat, denounce road hunting, obeying all the hunting rules, be republican, be Lutheran, not a member of the NRA, be a so-so shot, practice safe hunting, have an obedient dog and have redneck tendencies. Oh, also not wear earrings or other body piercings- no mohawks either. Only then can they have a chance, abeit small, for the inner circle. My regular friends or those I invite personally don't have to meet these standards (except for the redneck tendencies) - just the friends-of-friends, most of whom I don't care to meet.

LM

What purpose does this kind of post do for the site. His negative attitudes on the other site were counter productive and drove many people away from the site.

DonC,

I was a little confused by what you posted. If you meant my original post, then I'll respond -- There is a purpose for this kind of a post. I had a very tenacious vegan user registering and re-registering over and over calling pheasant hunters murderers. It got quite out of hand, so this post was designed to let others be aware of it and let it be known that this behavior should be reported immediately and so we can keep people like that off this forum board. Idiot was probably the incorrect word -- "disrespectful user" might have been the correct word choice.

Ryan

Great catch, we don't need those idiots around here. I am sure they will have their fur and leather coats on this winter while they are out to dinner for a nice juicy steak!

I think DonC was getting at......

Webguy,

I believe DonC was referring to Landman's "Friends of Friends" post and the narrow-minded comments that were made. Some people will take offense to the words in his posts and I think DonC was asking why someone would post something so offensive (because it may run some people off). Many folks in the younger (younger than Landman) generations have piercings. I'm sure there are plenty of guys on this site that have piercings. DonC was just pointing out the fact that Landman's post could've expressed his opinion without running the risk of offending potential/new/existing members. I'm a bit narrow-minded myself, but I've learned to keep some of my comments under my hat.

For the record....I have no piercings and no mowhawk;) I thought Landman's post was humorous, but I understand DonC's point.

Last edited:
Well, my two cents are that this site embraces open forum and discussion and Landman's post certainly stimulated the discussion part as evidenced by number of posts. He knows how to "get things going". What's to be taken offense of from a true landwoners perspective. he has all the rights to express his opinions and frustrations and I think it does a reader good to get further insight on what any landowners truly think and what is going through their mind about "land access" and the issues around it.

I don't think this sight is about being PC like other sites might be but is about being REAL. I think Landman's post was pretty real, negative or not.

Well, my two cents are that this site embraces open forum and discussion and Landman's post certainly stimulated the discussion part as evidenced by number of posts. He knows how to "get things going". What's to be taken offense of from a true landwoners perspective. he has all the rights to express his opinions and frustrations and I think it does a reader good to get further insight on what any landowners truly think and what is going through their mind about "land access" and the issues around it.

I don't think this sight is about being PC like other sites might be but is about being REAL. I think Landman's post was pretty real, negative or not.

Your point is well-taken. My intent was to help clarify DonC's post. I'm not the type to be concerned about everyone's feelings. We are who we are. I didn't take offense to any of the comments because I apparently fall into the category of his ideal guest........oops, I am a member of the NRA. Oh, and I'm Baptist instead of Lutheran.

Your point is well-taken. My intent was to help clarify DonC's post. I'm not the type to be concerned about everyone's feelings. We are who we are. I didn't take offense to any of the comments because I apparently fall into the category of his ideal guest........oops, I am a member of the NRA. Oh, and I'm Baptist instead of Lutheran.
Well no ones perfect KB but you are always welcome to hunt with me. :D I do agree with Landman on alot of his concerns, but I'm alot younger and haven't been burned like Landman has. I can understand his concerns and requests and I think that he brought a very touchy subject to the table, which most wouldn't have. Kudos to Landman for bringing this up. BTW, where are we hunting Doves? :cheers:

Not sure my friend. I'm thinking I would like to hunt near Concordia. It was real good last year, but I know that is quite a drive for you. There are some great public places around here if you're interested. Just let me know:thumbsup:

You wanting to drive down and hunt and then drive back the same night or what. It's not to bad of a drive. I drove the whole way to Canada last month, 20.5 straight hours and did the same driving back, so this is a drop in the hat. Just keep me updated on what the plans are.

Back