Social Groups

Well you English Springer guys sound like you're jealous it was the WELSH Springer back in the 1700s that helped the Brittany along. I find it funny your dogs and the Cocker were the same breed for a while............Bob

Last edited:
Bob, all us ESS guys know that a welshie is nothing more than a funny colored, slow ESS.:D Most people probably wouldn't even realize the difference between a small springer and an English cocker still today except cockers come in funny colors.

Ok, QH, why wasn't the ESS a Breed of dog until 1902? The Welsh was in the history books a couple hundred years by then............Bob

Bob, both English and Welsh springers were first recognized by kennel clubs in 1902, but before that welshies were shown in dog shows as ESS. Welshies also had a "cocker" brother and some of these dogs were in stud books as English cockers. The problem is that welshies, ESS, and English cockers probably developed very closely in the 17th and 18th centuries from the original "espagnol" dogs and then were refined as seperate breeds in their respective countries a little later down the road. These early parts of our favorite bird dogs are a little fuzzy. But one thing is for sure, the English got it right with the ESS and English cocker. Only Americans could ruin these dogs and give us what we know as the American cocker, I'm glad they never made an ASS.:D

Bob, I just read this and found it very interesting. The first spaniel in America sailed from England to America on the mayflower landing in "New England" in 1620. Imagine that an English spaniel, possibly a springer or cocker, was one of Americas pioneers. How is that for history!

Yes, that is interesting. If it was a Welsh spaniel they would have said so. I have been looking also and found a Welsh looks a heck of a lot like a Brittany. A Brittany has longer legs. They said some matings between the Welsh and a French Pointing dog were used to produce the Brittany. Could be true the color is sure right for that along with the shorter ears on a brit.........Bob

Last edited:
It has been alot of fun giving you ESS guys some crap but I do not want the other breeds to feel left out. Whats wrong with all of the other breed owners are they to "dignified" to chime in here? The Germans must be planning a sneak attack to take over the world , the other English must be having tea and strumpets with their pinkie finger in the air.

The Germans must be planning a sneak attack to take over the world , the other English must be having tea and strumpets with their pinkie finger in the air.

:thumbsup:

PudelPointer with the kiss of ice German frontal assault

2944d4abee835332.jpg

Free to a good home. Black, yellow, chocolate mix Flabadore X Poodle now known as a Flabadoodle . He has one testi, 3 legs, a bowel problem, one ear froze off, no tail from chasing deer and the neighbor was a bad shot. He is 4 and is blind. He will be a wonderful companion, he answers to the name "Lucky"

Last edited:
HAHAHAHA, this thread is a hoot - where is coot - Wonder why ain't he weighing in with some of that SERIOUS, sage wisdom??? :p :rolleyes:

And yeah, where are all the other cowards for their unspoken breeds? Also, why am I takin the heat all alone for us highly-superior lab men??? :eek: :D

Ed & FC - you guys got some funny stuff right there! Bring It, Onguard-Touche!!!

Last edited:
Because you are the one doing the posting.......Bob

Ken, you are the king of humor, that was funny..........Bob

Why you guys hammering on each others dogs? I'm looking at my totally superior lab and he says all other breeds of hunting dogs are :eek: You guys can feel in the rest:D

Then you are saying coot, my outstanding Brittany is just as good and maybe a tad better than your lab? You're the guy that said fill in the blanks........Bob

Well I took in a couple new Flabadoodles and did the Spittney breeding when Zeb was not looking, Odie is clever with the lady's. So when I get my Spittney back from Zeb, I was considering a long term plan of mating the Spittney with my Flabadoodle, The pointing or non pointing

The Amazing
"Iweedgin Spittendoodledore"

Now to just get Webster to recognize it as a word, Continental Kennel Club will register them I hope.:D Not sure what they will be best at yet but as designer breeds go, it should make for an interesting social group.
:cheers: Ahh yes the exclusive "Iweedgin Spittendoodledore Club" Otherwise known on the forum as the mysterious ISC.:eek:

The Amazing

That sounds like something out of Alice in Wonderland (nevermind how I would know that)! FC you have one creative mind I will give you that, what is it that you do for a living I want to be able to drink on the job:D

Well I took in a couple new Flabadoodles and did the Spittney breeding when Zeb was not looking, Odie is clever with the lady's. So when I get my Spittney back from Zeb, I was considering a long term plan of mating the Spittney with my Flabadoodle, The pointing or non pointing

The Amazing

Now to just get Webster to recognize it as a word, Continental Kennel Club will register them I hope.:D Not sure what they will be best at yet but as designer breeds go, it should make for an interesting social group.
:cheers: Ahh yes the exclusive "Iweedgin Spittendoodledore Club" Otherwise known on the forum as the mysterious ISC.:eek:

Let me know when those Pups are ready. I might need a Spittendoodledore. Heck who knows it might be the next best thing to sliced bread. You all better quit poking other peoples dogs, or the social group might turn into a social disease. LOL :D:10sign::cheers:

The Amazing

That sounds like something out of Alice in Wonderland (nevermind how I would know that)! FC you have one creative mind I will give you that, what is it that you do for a living I want to be able to drink on the job:D

So you played Alice, we get it.:D I bend nails for a living. No no drinking on the job. Maybe sit down comic would be a nice career path.:thumbsup: Coot gets pick of the first litter.:D

This is more fun then your private club is it not.? OK I will act normal for a while.

Back