Show us your T-T-T-Tractors (or ATV's)

Ok you guys asked for it, so here she is. Try not to be jealous.:D I wish I knew how many acres she has tilled in her life.

4282cc8c.jpg

oh i wish i had a ford N8 tractor. those things are just undestroyable! my neighbor from the winner farm has one and he uses it every day for his raking, pulling his small hay wagon and other things.

Here you go B-Man. New Holland has brought this back for you.

Boomer-8N1.jpg

yah believe me, i checked into it. its a new holland boomer. it cost in the 10-20 grand plus price at a whopping 25-35 hp range.

i much rather go to an auction and find an old N8 or is it 8N? anyways, as much as i want one, nothing beats the original.

only advantage that the Boomer has over 8N is the MWFD and lots of options and ground clearance. If I were to buy a new small tractor, it'd be a New Holland tractor, not the Boomer as i can get a good price tractor with alittle more HP for less. Since the Boomer is a new product, its gonna be expensive for a few years.

8ns go for a little more than my massey 30, but they can be found for a great deal. I got mine for $1000 with a 6' disk, 6' box scraper, spring tooth, ad harrow drags. She runs great and doesn't even burn oil. My farmer friend just got a nice 8n for 1500.

only advantage that the Boomer has over 8N is the MWFD and lots of options and ground clearance. If I were to buy a new small tractor, it'd be a New Holland tractor, not the Boomer as i can get a good price tractor with alittle more HP for less. Since the Boomer is a new product, its gonna be expensive for a few years.

B-man, I was going to buy a NH 4040 2WD with Cab/Air. Going for about $33K. Then I found a 2007 Case JX95 with 170 hours on it and MWFD for $30K. Almost pulled the trigger on that one and then stumbled on the Deutz Agroplus 87 MWFD 2009 with about 350 hours and full 2 year warranty for about same price as NH 2WD. Also got 5 years 0% interest and the Deutz has wet clutch, left hand reverser (what the heck is the used for anyways?) and just a whole lot nice better engineered machine.

I can't see you guys needing a tractor that small on your operation?

B-man, I was going to buy a NH 4040 2WD with Cab/Air. Going for about $33K. Then I found a 2007 Case JX95 with 170 hours on it and MWFD for $30K. Almost pulled the trigger on that one and then stumbled on the Deutz Agroplus 87 MWFD 2009 with about 350 hours and full 2 year warranty for about same price as NH 2WD. Also got 5 years 0% interest and the Deutz has wet clutch, left hand reverser (what the heck is the used for anyways?) and just a whole lot nice better engineered machine.

I can't see you guys needing a tractor that small on your operation?

we never thought we needed a bobcat skidloader.. but we use it every day for feeding calves and cleaning out corrals, my mother uses it for her gardening stuff and we use it for snow removal. never thought we'd use a bobcat more than a loader tractor.

and for the Boomer, or 8N, i meant for my personal use at my house, not the farm, like grading, mowing, maybe a tiller if im lucky if they even made those or none available to buy.

We had 2 8N's on the farm. One had a loader and the other was just a tractor. We used that heck out of those bad boys!

Anybody got any new Christmas presents????

I traded in the Polaris Ranger and bit the bullet on the Kubota RTV1100. It's a completely different machine than the Ranger. Almost in between ranger and compact tractor.

I got no pictures of it but will try and take some when i am out at farm next time.

I just bought a Ranger this year. Not much for habitat building but I have removed some of natures best with it.
013.jpg

I was able to use my friends tractor to mow the pasture this year. That may have been the finest tractor my butt has ever been in.
002-6.jpg

Back