Saturday Hunt

MAB7799

Went out Saturday, had a great hunt. Shot a limit of quail in 3 hours out of 4 coveys. Tripled on one covey rise - 3 shots 3 birds down. Had my GoPro with me but of course I thought it was on recording some footage, when in fact I had turned it off so it made for a short video with the best covey flushes no on film... go figure.

Here are some pics from the hunt. Sorry I tried to do it where you post the pics directly into the thread but Photo bucket has turned into an Advertisement nightmare. Can't even use that site anymore. If anyone cares to PM me another way to do that I'm all ears. Thanks.

Remaining photos on 2nd post.

Mark,

Thanks for the post and the pics. I've enjoyed reading about your journeys this season and seeing the pics. You must be very pleased with your dog. She seems to be doing extremely well. Also, congrats on the triple. Not an easy thing to do. It always feels good to do your part after the dog has done hers. I swear I've had dogs give me the WTF look when I've missed after they've done all the hard work! Best of luck the rest of the season.

-Nick

You quail guys are SPOILED! Sounds like a fantastic day... thanks for posting the pics.

Yes no covey was less than 15 birds. One was pushing 25 birds I would say. The rest were 15-20 birds. Healthy coveys for sure.

Nice triple sweet feat for sure gotta share it on the double or 2 in a row thread thanks for the pics keeps me itching to head south asap

Wishing my KS hunt invite did not go south now lol

Last edited:
And you were worried about Olive :D

Looks like you have done a great job getting her into birds in her most important first season. Nice work Mark :thumbsup:

Beautiful pics! Gotta love those bobs, guess it's time for a Kansas trip. Weather been treating them well this year?

Back