Royals.....Whipping boys no more

carptom1

Sorry Zeb, Royals smoked the Twinkies last three days. Really excited about the team this year. So far ( I know it's early) they have shown they can win a multitude of ways. They can pound you with runs, or win a close one. The starting pitching should be average at worst, bullpen is one of the best in majors. Offensively we can score some runs. 6-3 is a great start for us. Heck Francoeur even hit a homer before july this year:D

Tom,

My boys and I are excited with what we see this season. It certainly looks like the best hitting and pitching Royals team in some time. I'm looking forward to seeing how they perform on this next road stretch. Time to plan a few trips to the K! My wife's been bustin' my stuff with comments like, "You sound like a Chiefs fan now....wait till the end of season, blah, blah, blah" She doesn't understand that there is actually enough talent there this year to get something done;)

I also told her that after this road/away stretch was over, I might be willing to bet something big on them reaching 100 wins this season. Then she started talking about another baby:eek: If that's what I'm putting on the line she should have to put a 2-week SD trip on the line for next fall:cheers:

Last edited:
The Twinkies are in for a long season. Bases loaded, no one out, the top of your order is coming up and you don't score a run?? :confused: Someone needs to get in that clubhouse and kick some a$$. I said it last year and I'll say it again, Gardy needs to go. Your leadoff hitter is batting .057 (2 for 35) and you not only keep him in the lineup but leave him in the 1 hole. And what's up Mauer's butt? He has nearly as many strikeouts (10) as hits (11). Actually the starting pitching thus far has been surprisingly good.

But I see no fire in this team. Hasn't been any fire the last 3 seasons. That's management and that's why it's time to bid Gardy goodbye.

Tom,

My boys and I are excited with what we see this season. It certainly looks like the best hitting and pitching Royals team in some time. I'm looking forward to seeing how they perform on this next road stretch. Time to plan a few trips to the K! My wife's been bustin' my stuff with comments like, "You sound like a Chiefs fan now....wait till the end of season, blah, blah, blah" She doesn't understand that there is actually enough talent there this year to get something done;)

I also told her that after this road/away stretch was over, I might be willing to bet something big on them reaching 100 wins this season. Then she started talking about another baby:eek: If that's what I'm putting on the line she should have to put a 2-week SD trip on the line for next fall:cheers:

Brother I would need to get more than 2 weeks for me to have another kid:eek:. Maybe like getting to move there:D. I am really hopefull for the season. I don't know if they can hang with the tigers, but 80 or 85 wins would sure look good. Last year they were out of contention by May.

May has come and the Royals are still in first place. Guthrie was great last night with his first shutout. Our 1,2,3 starters have been as good as any in the majors. I am starting to believe. I do hope Johnson continues to progress at second so we can quit watching the slap hitting Getz. He will have to have great games to get Yost off of Getz. I don't understand Yost's love affair with Getz and Francouer. It is unnatural:eek:

Alright, the bandwagon is back on track again. Royals are back to .500 after another good win last night. I love having a pitcher like Shields. He is a true ace anywhere. Last night he struggled to throw strikes, and struggled with his location. He still only gave up 1 run!. Most pitchers would have been rocked. Two more with Cleveland than home for the White Sox.

Alright, the bandwagon is back on track again. Royals are back to .500 after another good win last night. I love having a pitcher like Shields. He is a true ace anywhere. Last night he struggled to throw strikes, and struggled with his location. He still only gave up 1 run!. Most pitchers would have been rocked. Two more with Cleveland than home for the White Sox.

Yep, something changed in the dugout. It's like their Mojo has been reinvigorated. I haven't seen much improvement in the offense/hitting particularly, but I gotta wonder if G. Brett's presence in the dugout is part of what's driving this recent reinvigoration. 1 inspirational leader with the right mentality can really change the way a team plays....even if that leader came back to help with hitting, changing the mood/feel of a dugout/bull-pen does wonders for the #'s.

We'll see if they can continue the current trend after the AS break. One day this group will come around. It'd happen a lot quicker with some administrative changes.

Get the bandwagon fired up again. I can't remember the last time KC won seven in a row:thumbsup:. The starting pitching staff turns in quality start after quality start. Now if Detroit would just lose every once and awhile. Two more games with the Twinkies. Hey Zeb, do you have a broom I can borrow:D

Twins suck! What else can I say. I'm at a point I'm hoping for them to loose and have another 90+ lose season. That way the owners we be forced to fire the GM and coaching staff. Then maybe they can start to turn things around.

Get the bandwagon fired up again. I can't remember the last time KC won seven in a row:thumbsup:. The starting pitching staff turns in quality start after quality start. Now if Detroit would just lose every once and awhile. Two more games with the Twinkies. Hey Zeb, do you have a broom I can borrow:D

Yep, I've been giving my wife hell about this streak, but like you said, Detriot's gotta lose sometime!

Still, it's nice to see them hovering around the .500 (respectability threshold) mark.

I'm glad I'm not a Twins fan right now. To go from what they were to what they are now is a tough pill to swallow.....at least we're on the upswing:D

I do hope billy butler can get it together. He is a one trick pony and the trick hasn't been working too good lately. The knock on him has always been that he piles up stats when it doesn't really matter. He needs to ease up a little as we need him now. With our pitching staff, all we need to average is 4 runs a game and we could be in there at the end. Nice to see both moustakas and hosmer having two homer games in the last week. We have as good of a pitching staff as anyone in the majors. Top to bottom the defense is stellar.

Well completed the sweep yesterday. Did anyone see Cain steal that home run back from the wall in center? How about Perez and the bunt the day before? There is no better defense top to bottom than the Royal's. We run 5 or 6 potential gold glover's out every night. Sorry Zeb, the Twin's are the old Royal's now. Even when it got close, Twin's would make an error or fail to get a big hit. On to New York to play the met's. We are 6-0 on the current road trip.

Good for the Royals. I"m glad to see them having some success after so many years of being on the bottom. I hope they keep it up and challenge Detroit and Cleveland for the league lead.

Twins need to make some major moves this off-season from the GM down to the players. I see they sent Scott Diamond and Aaron Hicks down to AAA yesterday. Diamond was suppose to be their Ace this year. lol And Hicks the future centerfielder. They brought Hicks up to the Bigs too fast. He had never played a game at AAA. Twins have a long road ahead of them.

Are the Royals hot or what? How fortunes can change. We even got to pick the bones of the lowly Twins to help us out at second:D After taking three of four from Boston, season comes down to this weekends five game set with the Tigers. Any worse than two of five and we are probably cooked.

Watching the Royals mop up tonight against the lowly Twins. This will be the Twinkies 4th loss in a row and they have scored a total of 4 runs thus far in those 4 games. What a pathetic looking bunch of minor league ball players. Shit can the whole bunch and start over from scratch. I wonder if Gardy and his buddy Anderson are getting their resumes updated. Can't wait to hear the news after the season that they are both gone along with the rest of the coaching staff.

Yea sorry Zeb, that was a beatdown tonite. Perez has tremendous offensive upside. The Royals are for real. The next 3-4 years they should be able to compete in the central. They just need to get a winning mentality. Twins are reminding me of the Royals of the last few years. Not much for effort.

You said it, "not much for effort". There has been no effort all year. Look at the players, they look like a bunch of whipped dogs. They go up to the plate, take 3 swings and go sit down. Last night they set a franchise record for the most strikeouts in a season. And there is still over a month left of the season. :eek:

Back