Pup's First Pheasant!

209hunter

I took the pup out to one of the wildlife refuges where I do a lot of duck hunting this morning. But today we were after pheasant. Sprig is just over a year old now and this is his first hunting season. Ive got him on doves, ducks, chukar and now pheasants. Its amazing how fast they learn and he seems to improve every time I take him out. This is my first bird dog and Im just having a blast with him. Anyway, just wanted to share a little bit of todays hunt.

And tomorrow morning we'll find ourselves back after the ducks

very cool pics 209 hunter & welcome to the forum & good looking pup u have there!!! i feel you every time i take my 17 month old pup out i seen her learn more & more its a great feeling for sure!!!

good luck & keep the pics coming...

Way to go! Gotta love them Springers. :thumbsup::10sign::coolpics:

Watching a young dog figure it out is awesome! :)

Congrats to you and Sprig. What NWR were you hunting (or county) if you don't mind me asking? Los Banos?

It's so awesome to shoot the first pheasant over your first pup. Congratulations. Hopefully you have hundreds more.

What's the deal with all the Springers in California?

Feeling proud for you. That is what it is all about for me too. I love it when my dog's light comes on and they learn something new. What a blessing to be able to do what we do. Thank God for pheasants, dogs and freedom to enjoy them!

Congrats to you and Sprig. What NWR were you hunting (or county) if you don't mind me asking? Los Banos?

Thanks! Yeah I was hunting Los Banos NWR. Quite a few hunters out there. I was the first one out to the field I wanted to hunt but I picked the wrong field haha Sprig put up that bird first about the second pass we made and then nothing after that. Of course the field right next to us was shooting like crazy lol

Congrats again. If you ever see a guy with 2 or 3 liver and white springers out there come say hi, I'll share a few notes I have from hunting that area for 6 years.

Jake. What can I say, we just have really good taste in bird dogs out here.:cheers:

Back