price of gas

jsdriggs,
I'm 5-10 and almost the same weight (on a good day:)) and it is quit comfortable for me. We also have 3 boys and for trips that are around 2 hours everyone is fine and there is room in the back to bring our Brittney too:thumbsup:
With the gas prices the way they are we may be taking it to Kansas this year for pheasant hunting and one of our group that flys into MCI will just have to rent a 4X4 so we can get around.

I just traded in the F150 for a Subaru Impreza wagon. Still have AWD but no clearance. I am getting 28 per gallon and at 6' 190 lbs am not too cramped. Still miss that truck, though -- just a little less when I blow by all those $3.60 per gallon pumps. Hopefully the savings will translate to affording more trips with the pups.

I just traded in the F150 for a Subaru Impreza wagon. Still have AWD but no clearance. I am getting 28 per gallon and at 6' 190 lbs am not too cramped. Still miss that truck, though -- just a little less when I blow by all those $3.60 per gallon pumps. Hopefully the savings will translate to affording more trips with the pups.

You should have got an outback. Mine has more clearance than my F250 4x4.

Price of gas?
$3 something, don't recall....still far below the value received on even the most unsuccessful birdhunting trip.

The Subie has a lot of room with the seats down and since I don't do much more than day trips I can get both pups in plus shells and the scattergun, a cooler for lunch, etc.

I have not yet tried loading it up for a multi-day excursion into the north woods after whitetail or grouse. I am thinking of using my roof rack and getting one of those giant torpedo-looking deals for that.

Still be cheaper than truck gas at 15-16 mpg. The Soob is getting 28 city...

But the bigger question is how do you fit all your gear (kennels, coolers etc.) into a Subaru?

You can't. My wife has a Forester. It really does work well for day trips with 2 guys, but my dog box takes up the whole back. I don't think you could take a weekend trip-for sure not a week long trip. I have a Suburban for extended trips, but there is a heck of a difference in mileage obviously.

Gas was $3.39 here today.

$3.53 yesterday in Darien WI for 87 oct.
Still $3.89 in my area in N IL.

Oil barrel was $110 a couple of months ago now its about $84
Something doesnt jive here....

OKC

$3.07 Reg
$3.17 Diesel
$1.59 CNG

This is tourist trap country:eek:
349 reg 395 diesel.:(

Gas dropped to $3.39 Tuesday before the Fourth in the Twin Cities. You can all thank me for buying a compact car now. When I bought my truck it went to $4.79. Now that I don't have it I can afford to drive it.

*Face-slap*

Great FC, then you can bury your manhood in a jar next to mine. I told my wife when this little wagon's time is up and my carbon footprint has returned to a more reasonable size, I'm getting me a big ol' truck again.

By the way, I have a minivan. Lord help me, I do. I plan to sleep in it on ``economy class'' hunting trips this fall.

I think the younger version of me, transported from the past to my present, would likely kick the crap outta me. :D

Back