Pheasants down even more!!!!

Not a problem. I suspect that many in the farming community would not mind if KDWPT would allow deer to substituted for roosters in the daily bag limit.

I believe my boys and I will finally take the time to try deer and fall turkey this year.
KB,thats what we are doing.Since they changed the crossbow regulations,I am in the process of making a small investment.
I haven't hunted deer in 28 yrs,thats when I fell in love with a cute redhead,who didn't like me killing deer.
Now,she loves deer meat,and want me to fill the freezer.
I figured that i could get a turkey tag,and deer tag,and try to shoot what ever came along.

J

Doing the same thing with my two kids, started it last year. It's sad because their grandpa has some prime spots in SW Kansas, but no pheasants anymore. However, they get a kick out of deer hunting and while I didn't shoot many pheasants last year, I had one of my best years ever hunting because I got to harvest 3 deer while having the kids along with me. They are itching to get out again this year!

can't beat that!!

I just cant seem to let all this talk get me down about the hunting this year. Last year was pretty dang tough but i managed good numbers of birds in places, not like i remember from years back but still. Ill find them somewhere this year, I will not be sitting at home thats for sure. Probably wont be able to get till after the rut unless i kill a buck before the first couple weeks of november. :D

I love all this negative talk! I heard the same thing last year but we made the drive from Texas anyway, and was reward with a couple birds everyday ( on public land!!) and we never even seen another hunter. Felt like we had the whole state to our selfs.

I love all this negative talk! I heard the same thing last year but we made the drive from Texas anyway, and was reward with a couple birds everyday ( on public land!!) and we never even seen another hunter. Felt like we had the whole state to our selfs.

well, if you liked last season.....you will love this year! :eek:

Well...that does it!!
I'm done! Forget it! It's just not worth it!
Please see the classifieds for a safe full of guns, DD pup, 4x4, pigeon loft fully stocked, e-collar, and other various gear...

Finally!! I can pursue my life long dream of being a professional parcheesi player!!

;)

Dibs on the DD pup!

Ok...ok....ok....
I'm keeping the pup!
Aaaaaaaand, I guess I better keep the pigeons too so he'll have something to play with once pheasants make the endangered species list. ;)

11FABED2-C60B-4B97-8B06-11F599D107A0-4296-0000086FF199DDA7_zpsab5e8056.jpg

I'm making the drive from Austin for the SD opener and turning around and doing it again for the Kansas opener. Sure beats working...

I'm still planning on my trip also. My son and I will be out with my 2 GSP's and we'll give it a good effort. That's what its about anyway.

I generally don't do a lot of hunting on opening weekend. There are just more people out than I like to deal with.

But I have a ton of vacation left that has to be used before the end of the year, and I am using it hunting.

The dogs and I are going, no matter the bird numbers. :cheers:

I generally don't do a lot of hunting on opening weekend. There are just more people out than I like to deal with.

But I have a ton of vacation left that has to be used before the end of the year, and I am using it hunting.

The dogs and I are going, no matter the bird numbers. :cheers:

Go South this year;)

Back