Pheasant hunter kills charging grizzly bear

[QUOTEpopulation. Don't move to colorado... they protect those damn rats.[/QUOTE]

I second the motion, don't move to colorado... we're full! ;)

As for the rats - plenty of ways to whack 'em with nobody knowing. Had a colony starting just over the fence (meaning they'd be under the fence in no time). Couple early mornings with an air rifle solved the problem... Nobody heard a thing! :p

I agree. Does a moderator need to help with that? This is a very important subject and it deserves as much visibility as possible.

A little heated topic from time to time is ok. Let's just leave the 3rd grader crap out of it and no one has gone "3rd grader" on us. I think most of the forum users are level headed just try and keep it there.

Whoops, your suggesting a new thread. I had a few beers after the hunt today. I'm on day 9 of pheasant hunting in South Dakota here so I'm a bit parched.

As for the rats - plenty of ways to whack 'em with nobody knowing. Had a colony starting just over the fence (meaning they'd be under the fence in no time). Couple early mornings with an air rifle solved the problem... Nobody heard a thing! :p

jfewis88.... your my hero

I've just been waiting for the tree huggers to say the cold weather is part of the climate change cycle. I dislike being called uneducated by the leftlitists. The earth has been here for how long? And man has been here how long?

South Dakota was covered by oceans and tropical forests in the past and most recently by glaciers. One slide show by Gore and "the science is in"? Gore just got a pile of $ from Obama to build an electric car plant in Europe-GO FIGURE!

What good can Kyoto possibly do without China and India? Ya , I know--show the world our good intentions.
________
CITADEL

Last edited:
This United Nations bs really scares me. They have a lot bigger things on their plate than global warming that they have not even nibblred at. (now called climate change after they could not prove it). What about Darfur, human rights, world hunger? Get your priorities in order. (Answer--If we do not address "climate change" the earth will burst into flames next week and all of these other things will not matter.")
Wasn't New York supposed to be under water some time ago?
________
Launch Box

Last edited:
This United Nations bs really scares me. They have a lot bigger things on their plate than global warming that they have not even nibblred at. (now called climate change after they could not prove it). What about Darfur, human rights, world hunger? Get your priorities in order. (Answer--If we do not address "climate change" the earth will burst into flames next week and all of these other things will not matter.")

I believe this Article somes it up about global warming.

http://media.www.theloquitur.com/media/storage/paper226/news/2007/04/12/LettersToTheEditors/Global.Warming.A.Lie.Told.Often.Enough.Becomes.The.Truth-2849686.shtml

in March of 1975 science news has Forcasted an Ice age
2944aed179fef62b.jpg

All the UN wants is a one world government and sees that Global warming is a good vehicle to achieve this goal, in others words they want redistribution of America's wealth to them.

I believe this Article somes it up about global warming.

http://media.www.theloquitur.com/media/storage/paper226/news/2007/04/12/LettersToTheEditors/Global.Warming.A.Lie.Told.Often.Enough.Becomes.The.Truth-2849686.shtml

in March of 1975 science news has Forcasted an Ice age
2944aed179fef62b.jpg

All the UN wants is a one world government and sees that Global warming is a good vehicle to achieve this goal, in others words they want redistribution of America's wealth to them.

That's your "expert", a college campus student newspaper?

Why don't you quote from the NOAA?

A new scientific study led by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration reaches a powerful conclusion about the climate change caused by future increases of carbon dioxide: to a large extent, thereâ??s no going back.

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2009/20090126_climate.html

Or even a general article like this -

Since 2007, no scientific body of national or international standing has maintained a dissenting opinion. A few organisations hold non-committal positions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change

We both know why you have to refer to an obscure non-expert. Next you'll be claiming than man never landed on the moon, or that the earth is 6000 years old....and you'll find someone, somewhere who claims it's true.

That's your "expert", a college campus student newspaper?

Why don't you quote from the NOAA?

A new scientific study led by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration reaches a powerful conclusion about the climate change caused by future increases of carbon dioxide: to a large extent, thereâ??s no going back.

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2009/20090126_climate.html

Or even a general article like this -

Since 2007, no scientific body of national or international standing has maintained a dissenting opinion. A few organisations hold non-committal positions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change

We both know why you have to refer to an obscure non-expert. Next you'll be claiming than man never landed on the moon, or that the earth is 6000 years old....and you'll find someone, somewhere who claims it's true.

Here is a piece by Sallie Baliunas, Ph.D. in astrophsyics I hope this meets with your approval, Now all of us can be smart as you. and yes the moon landing was stage and world is still flat. ;)

http://www.heritage.org/Research/EnergyandEnvironment/HL758.cfm

Here is a piece by Sallie Baliunas, Ph.D. in astrophsyics I hope this meets with your approval, Now all of us can be smart as you. and yes the moon landing was stage and world is still flat. ;)

http://www.heritage.org/Research/EnergyandEnvironment/HL758.cfm

Mr Hyde -

No, that does not meet with my approval. You are finding your "expert" sources in the sewer of intellectual incompetence and dishonesty.

1. Sallie Baliunas is an astrophysicist, not a climatologist or anything else related to understanding climate.

2. Sallie Baliunas is a shill, a shyster, bought and paid for by Exxon-Mobil.

3. The Heritage Foundation is a right-wing political organization funded by Exxon-Mobil and others who have a vested interest in opposing accurate science.

Try again, Mr Hyde. Maybe you can quote a "real" expert like Glenn Beck.

Last edited:
You want us to read "gvernment stories" and wikipedia? Whatever happened to reasonable minds can disagree? Not in the elitists vocabulary. You are talking down again J-bro and it's not very becoming.
________
UNIVERSAL HEALTH WAREHOUSE

Last edited:
You want us to read "gvernment stories" and wikipedia? Whatever happened to reasonable minds can disagree? Not in the elitists vocabulary. You are talking down again J-bro and it's not very becoming.

This thread was about bears until you posted this-

What a bunch of crap the judge spewed. Now that they ate all the elk they are eating trees that do not exist because of global warming????? In the meantime they have increased threefold.
I want to have a reasonable amount of griz around just to send a chill up my back if I think there could be one around, but between the wolves, cougars and griz there will be nothing with horns left.
I wish the tree hugging global warming enthusiasts would spend more than a few fleeting moments watching PBS or going thru a park in the summer and spend a year in the environment enjoying the cold wet weather we have been experiencing in the Great Plains for the last two years. We don't really bitch about it out here, just understand the cycle and understand we as humans do not have control over it nor contribute to the cycle beyond living and dying.

Those are your words, so tell me where's your "reasonable mind" which allows other views? It looks to me like name-calling intolerance.

Nosirree, Uncle Buck, I don't need any lecture on politeness from you.

Mr Hyde -

No, that does not meet with my approval. You are finding your "expert" sources in the sewer of intellectual incompetence and dishonesty.

1. Sallie Baliunas is an astrophysicist, not a climatologist or anything else related to understanding climate.

2. Sallie Baliunas is a shill, a shyster, bought and paid for by Exxon-Mobil.

3. The Heritage Foundation is a right-wing political organization funded by Exxon-Mobil and others who have a vested interest in opposing accurate science.

Try again, Mr Hyde. Maybe you can quote a "real" expert like Glenn Beck.

I am telling a why I think global warming is a hoax and you call people names and think certain people are being funded by the Big Oil, well there are a lot of global warming people are being funded by Government grants so whats the difference ?? The difference is Al and his government buddies won't debate the issue of Global Warming and rely on people like you to downgrade opposing views and not try to prove them wrong.
People like you prove that the Rush Limbaughs and the Glenn Becks of the world correct on their assessments about people who are for man made Global Warming, Don't debate them .....marginalize them.

I've just been waiting for the tree huggers to say the cold weather is part of the climate change cycle. I dislike being called uneducated by the leftlitists. The earth has been here for how long? And man has been here how long?

South Dakota was covered by oceans and tropical forests in the past and most recently by glaciers. One slide show by Gore and "the science is in"? Gore just got a pile of $ from Obama to build an electric car plant in Europe-GO FIGURE!

What good can Kyoto possibly do without China and India? Ya , I know--show the world our good intentions.

I am not a â??leftistâ?� for record. Political persuasion has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. This is something that transcends all inhabitants of the Earth, not just the conspirators.

China and India are both members and I am the first to admit that Kyoto is far from perfect, it is a start however. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I am telling a why I think global warming is a hoax and you call people names and think certain people are being funded by the Big Oil,

You haven't told me anything about why you think global warming is a hoax. What you have done is ignore virtually every respectable climatologist who has examined the question, and quoted a paid Exxon-Mobil shill.

No, Mr Hyde, I don't "think" Sallie Baliunas is paid by big oil. I KNOW she is, and you would too if you cared to look.

Here, I'll help you with your homework -

http://www.prwatch.org/node/8400

And if you're going to quote Limbaugh and Beck as climatology experts.............................

Okay, if the UN really scares you and it sounds like you oppose their efforts, realize that if it weren't for the UN Security Council we would not be able to position military ships in the Gulf of Aden to guard our precious oil tankers that fuel our entitled society.

All of those topics that you mention as priorities are related to climate change. They are called externalities. Externalities are variables not directly attributable to certain outcomes, but they occur nonetheless. Example: The fact that we extensively rely on foreign energy is a security threat both militarily and economically.

You haven't told me anything about why you think global warming is a hoax. What you have done is ignore virtually every respectable climatologist who has examined the question, and quoted a paid Exxon-Mobil shill.

No, Mr Hyde, I don't "think" Sallie Baliunas is paid by big oil. I KNOW she is, and you would too if you cared to look.

Here, I'll help you with your homework -

http://www.prwatch.org/node/8400

And if you're going to quote Limbaugh and Beck as climatology experts.............................

Apparenlty you haven't read the whole article it explians why I believe Global Warming is a hoax, you haven't come up with any information to rebutt the facts in the article, instead you still critize how Sallie Baliunas is Shyster or shrill and I never said she wasn't being paid by big oil you assumed I did and what about the college kid 's article is he being paid by big oil ??. hhhmmm

here is your homework look at her accomplishments

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sallie_Baliunas

Well you must have gotin a lot "F's" for your homework. the prwatch is a left wing watch dog group and is sent out to be-bunk anybody who disagrees with the left on enviromental issues. All you have to do is look at the some Financial Supporters are here some examples:

Rockefeller Associates
Rockefeller Family Foundation
Park Foundation
Proteus Fund
V. Kann Rasmussen Foundation

Apparenlty you haven't read the whole article it explians why I believe Global Warming is a hoax, you haven't come up with any information to rebutt the facts in the article, instead you still critize how Sallie Baliunas is Shyster or shrill and I never said she wasn't being paid by big oil you assumed I did and what about the college kid 's article is he being paid by big oil ??. hhhmmm

here is your homework look at her accomplishments

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sallie_Baliunas

Well you must have gotin a lot "F's" for your homework. the prwatch is a left wing watch dog group and is sent out to be-bunk anybody who disagrees with the left on enviromental issues. All you have to do is look at the some Financial Supporters are here some examples:

Rockefeller Associates
Rockefeller Family Foundation
Park Foundation
Proteus Fund
V. Kann Rasmussen Foundation

I've read Sallie's resume. Her "accomplishments", as you call them, are not in the field of climatology, and are therefore irrelevant to this discussion.....

I didn't say she's shrill. I said she's a shill, Mr Hyde.

Here, learn a new word -

"Shill" can also be used pejoratively to describe a critic who appears either all-too-eager to heap glowing praise upon mediocre offerings, or who acts as an apologist for glaring flaws. In this sense, they would be an implicit "shill" for the industry at large, possibly because their income is tied to its prosperity.

Your spelling needs help too.

Last edited:
I've read Sallie's resume. Her "accomplishments", as you call them, are not in the field of climatology, and are therefore irrelevant to this discussion.....

I didn't say she's shrill. I said she's a shill, Mr Hyde.

Here, learn a new word -

"Shill" can also be used pejoratively to describe a critic who appears either all-too-eager to heap glowing praise upon mediocre offerings, or who acts as an apologist for glaring flaws. In this sense, they would be an implicit "shill" for the industry at large, possibly because their income is tied to its prosperity.

Your spelling needs help too.

You pick apart my typing skills because I put an"R" where it wasn't supposed to be how desperate are you to in order to make a point ??

Do you have to be in a certain field in order to who's qualified and who's not to write or talk about global warming ?? hell Al Gore made a movie about GW but he is not a climatologist or a meteorologist, and tell me when climatology has been accurate in forecasting hurricanes or Climate models accurate in projecting future climates ?? From what I understand aren't we supposed to be above normal temperatures right now ??

Know what Norman you have proved once again that people like you still have something to prove in your life or you feel the world owes you something or maybe it might be a manhood thing or getting pick on during the high school days hell I don't know, but I think you need to buy a big mirror a cashmere sweater and look in the mirror saying "I like myself, I want people to like me ,I am good person inside". ;)

Back