Packer Fans

coot , blackcloud, benneliboy, funnelcloud son of blackcloud and my youngest son smilely will be in greenbay dec. 2 cheering the pack on. we will crush the vikes. we will be in row 2 in the corner of the endzone hoping for a lambea leap. if we have a sign what should it say

Packers suck!

Tho I live in WA State, I don't watch any pro sports played by over-compensated spoiled children; If I get the urge to see a sporting event, I pick one at the HS or college level. That being said, I still believe what my HS coach once told us way back in the '60s . . . "No one play wins or loses a game & blaming the officials or anyone/anything else is a poor attempt at making an excuse for being out-played for the rest of the game."

Little history lesson folks.:)
First Super Bowl was played in 1967 Packers 35 Chiefs 10.
Vikings first game was played Sept 17th 1961. Playing against the World Championship Bears. Rookie QB Fran Tarkenton in his first pro game threw for 4 TD's in what is likely the biggest upset ever in Pro Football. Vikes 37 Bears 13.
Vikes were a lowly expansion team with a rookie QB against the mighty Bears.

The last NFL Championship game was played Jan 4th 1970. Met Stadium, Vikes 27 Browns 7.

I can't figure out why there was still a championship game after the 1969 season, when the first Superbowl was played in 67:confused:

The AFC and NFC winners in the playoffs are referred to as "Conference CHAMPIONS" Vikings have gone to 4 Super Bowls so the they won their Conference 4 times as CHAMPION!:thumbsup:

There is a link that states that the vikings won in 1969 a championship. This is wrong super bowls started in 1967, green bay won the 1st two and The jet's won the 3rd. The vikings have never won a champ or a super bowl ever.
Green bay is the all time winner of Champs and super bowls 10 wins. 6 prior to 1967 and 4 after the super bowl was started in 1967. :10sign:

That's what I've been looking at. Not only one link but many? Odd:confused:
I've been a die hard Viking Fan from day one. Conference Championships yes 4. NO! never a overall championship or Superbowl.
Where does that Cleveland vs Minnesota game after the 69 season come from.:eek:

Actually the Vikings were not a good team until Bud Grant came along, that's when they won something like 11 out of 13 division tittles.

That's what I've been looking at. Not only one link but many? Odd:confused:
I've been a die hard Viking Fan from day one. Conference Championships yes 4. NO! never a overall championship or Superbowl.
Where does that Cleveland vs Minnesota game after the 69 season come from.:eek:

Actually the Vikings were not a good team until Bud Grant came along, that's when they won something like 11 out of 13 division tittles.

Yea wayne,

I can't figure out this either. I thought that the super Bowl was brought about to be Afl champ Vs Nfl champ. I guess not so in the begining. Odd very Odd. :confused:

how sad is it when you have to go back 40 plus years to feel releveant? :D

;)

That's the old team spirit, showing your Minnesota pride...they should go far with your kind of support.

Yea wayne,

I can't figure out this either. I thought that the super Bowl was brought about to be Afl champ Vs Nfl champ. I guess not so in the begining. Odd very Odd. :confused:

jmac, I had to study up on this cause I know the Vikes haven't won a overall champion ship.
Vikings played Cleveland Jan 4th following the 69 season. That game was called the NFL Championship. The following year it was changed to the NFC/ AFC Championships. Instead of the NFL/AFL.
Then anyway, After beating Cleveland in that game in 1970 the Vikings the following week went to their first Superbowl and promptly lost to Kansas City 23 to 7.

Summary Vikings won the NFL Championship in 1970 then lost the Superbowl the next week.

jmac, I had to study up on this cause I know the Vikes haven't won a overall champion ship.
Vikings played Cleveland Jan 4th following the 69 season. That game was called the NFL Championship. The following year it was changed to the NFC/ AFC Championships. Instead of the NFL/AFL.
Then anyway, After beating Cleveland in that game in 1970 the Vikings the following week went to their first Superbowl and promptly lost to Kansas City 23 to 7.

Summary Vikings won the NFL Championship in 1970 then lost the Superbowl the next week.

Yes thats what I came up with also. I loved watching the Vikings when Fran was the QB. I guess I'm showing age a little. :cheers:

298336_4693878263792_834261365_n.jpg

Back