Occuaptions

i'm a welder and trailer technician i hunt every weekend and sometimes during the week if we are not busy at the shop and i cant forget my dogs go to work with me and when the season is on who needs to eat lunch lets hunt for an hour

I am in animal agriculture with no real slow or busy periods, just very steady. Don't get to hunt as many days as I would like but can't complain when I get to spend 60-80 days a year chasing walleyes.

Matt D

Have a landscaping business. The dogs help my wife out in the office. I get to hunt a fair amount since hunting season corresponds with the slow/end of landscape season.

picture.php

picture.php

I manage communications dealers in the midwest selling my equipment. not to mention building a business plan for a controlled shooting area in se kansas...hope it to be my full time job someday

Wish I had that Verizon job:cheers: I know LOTS!! of places without phone service:eek: That's where I would be.
I hunt mostly in MT& WY and ND. About 8-10 weeks on at least 6 trips.
I'm retired business now operating a cattle ranch. Fall is a good time to get away. Crops are in, calving is in the Spring, cattle are content on pasture. Latter the bunks are filled with hay for a week 10 days and I'm gone.:)

I wish I was that guy in the commercial, I have a feeling it pays better :eek:

I wouldn't mind the cattle ranching so I could take more time off for hunting, our store is pretty new and since I've been there the second longest next to the manager, they don't let me take enough time off.

Federal Law Enforcement, going on 9 years in the LE field. I do Traffic, DUI Enforcement and an Accident Investigations is my dept.

I didnt have time to hunt last year due to shifts. this year im still on the night shift, 7PM-7AM, however come May, I will be back on Day shifts, 7AM-7PM

I try to go hunting when I get time. However I do get 2 weeks of vacation time, and honestly, my line of work and my status now, i get called out alot, even during my vacation.

Birdman if you work 12hour days all year protecting us. who do we talk to, to get you one more week of leave me alone Vacation?

I'm a welder/Machinist we work on aero space and defense parts. (Radar screens for our military) I also work nights.

Birdman if you work 12hour days all year protecting us. who do we talk to, to get you one more week of leave me alone Vacation?

I'm a welder/Machinist we work on aero space and defense parts. (Radar screens for our military) I also work nights.

no worries i got all my vacation time put in and i told them i wont be around to take calls. they said ok.. but you know how that can end up.

lets just hope i dont get calls. i could use a time away.

I'm going to figure out when your vacation is so I can go terrorize SD. With you on vacation theres no way they'll catch me. I'll make sturgis look like a church camp:eek:

I only get 2-3 hunts a year so I have to make them good 'uns.
I'm an electrician/welder, but all I do now is weld bus on substations. Keeps me pretty busy and all over the country

Currently, I'm a high school principal but will move into the superintendent role in July. Hunt all that I can but not enough. Get about 8 weekends of quail and around 9 days of pheasant hunting; although, I can go to the bird dog club and hunt quail and tune up dogs. Also do NSTRA which helps as well.

I'm going to figure out when your vacation is so I can go terrorize SD. With you on vacation theres no way they'll catch me. I'll make sturgis look like a church camp:eek:

Coot I've been to Sturgis and if you can top that you give me a call.:beer:

I have a very good job, I work at being Retired for the past 20 years. It feels good and I really enjoy doing it too.................Bob

I have the same job as Bob but I only have 2 years of experience. However, I'm a fast learner and I'm learning to enjoy it more everyday! Especially come fall. :cheers:

I have often thought about working Sturgis police as they will take any officers to work that week.

but i dunno, since i will have vacation time, i should just do just that and do some profiling... and find.. bob... and his gang and zeb...

no seriously.. just because i wont be around doesnt mean there isnt no US Marshals hanging around. ;)

IM hoping i can accidently leave my work BlackBerry phone at home... and run off to my hunting paradise!

Marine Biologist. I hunt about 35-50 outings a year (ranges from full days - every Saturday for three months plus a few holidays here and there - to 45-minute "sneaky bastard" hunts before/after work).
-Croc

I am a school teacher and a fly fishing guide in summer. I hunt mallards/honkers about 30 days a year (thank god I live in the Pacific Flyway- long, liberal season), chase roosters about 10 days a year in NE, SD, KS, ID or MT. Would chase pheasant more if they were closer. Also get about 60 days on the river a season, working and personal fishing. :cheers:
Can't wait to try the retirement job:D. I have a feeling I will be good at it!

Last edited:
I'm a hdpe welder and fabricator. Fall is our busy time so I save most of my vacation for then. :) I get out about 10 times a year on ducks/geese and 20 on woodcock, grouse and pheasant.

Back