NHL Stanely Cups Playoffs

Both teams are going to come out of the gate jacked. Look for each team to be flying with a lot of hitting in that first period. If the Wild stay relentless on their fore-check, I think they can win against a less experienced but very talented and speedy Avalanche team. Frustrate them and do not allow them room in the neutral zone. But the biggest thing that needs to happen for the wild is Keumper needs to have a stellar game, no soft goals etc...

Last edited:
Was that a game or was that a game..... Nail biter all the way to the end. Where there's a will there is a way. The back and forth drove me nuts.

Niederreiter was stellar again tonight.

My hats off to the Avs, their young, talented and they will definatley be back.

I am not putting them on a pedestal yet. After they brought these guys in it seemed to be a clash of egos. Something that happens on many teams with that much testosterone and college history against each other. I felt till this week there has still been flashes of that left. But you could see the potential slowly getting better. Last night they played like a unit well oiled and all about team again. If they can bond like brothers, toss egos aside, and push each other to a higher level, they will continue to do well. Nice to see them do that and see just how good they can be. They will win a bunch more games if they do that. Talent is there. The Avs had some MN on their team, not a surprise they are tough. And will be back. Great game 7. On the road was sweet. That builds confidence which could be trouble for Chicago.:thumbsup:

Game sure changed after the wild scored their first goal. You could just tell the ice was tilted one way for almost 8 minutes as the Avs did not really put a skate in the Wilds zone. Was it Spurgeon that had probably the prettiest goal of the series. Great move and then a sniper shot top shelf. Avs had their chances and I wanted them to go one more series to get experience under their belts. I still think the Hawks are ripe for an upset. I think sometimes they think that just showing up with the Blackhawk sweater is enough to win. Should be a good one! :cheers:

Mike--I agree!! Hard to beat a house full of red.

Bleu--Not sure I agree. Hawks played pretty well over the last four games. Defence and PK were strong and we have some of the best forwards in the game. Get Hossa and Sharp rolling along with Toews and Kane, makes all of our lines pretty dangerous. Wild had a good series against the Avs but I have to think the Hawks can take them again this year.

Mike--I agree!! Hard to beat a house full of red.

Bleu--Not sure I agree. Hawks played pretty well over the last four games. Defence and PK were strong and we have some of the best forwards in the game. Get Hossa and Sharp rolling along with Toews and Kane, makes all of our lines pretty dangerous. Wild had a good series against the Avs but I have to think the Hawks can take them again this year.

The one thing that is different. Basically you have the same Hawks team as last year. The Wild have maybe 4 forwards currently that played in that first series last year against the hawks. Our young players have really come a long ways and have matured more with each game of the Avs series it seemed. The chemistry is really starting to gel on the Wild right now and they really seem to be coming together as a unit.

Don't get me wrong they have a very difficult task ahead and will be facing a much more experienced and deeper team talent wise than the Avs, but as we've seen in the Avs series, hard work pays off and they will need another series like that to have a chance. The one thing that still worries me is goaltending. Both goaltenders for the Wild have shown some inconsistency, too many soft goals. The Wild MUST play exceptional defense around either goal tender to have a chance against the Hawks high scoring forwards.

Last edited:
The hawks are loaded. But, I think or have a gut feeling that they rely to much on past experience and tend to not play well at times. Wild have to go through Chicago though! Looking for a great series.

I'm surprised the Hawks dominated that game.

Boy! you saw that game much different than I saw it. IMO the Wild dictated the pace and flow of the last 2 periods, especially the 2nd period. What was it, 34 shots vs 22 for the Hawks. They had a full 18 shots that did not make it to the net and not on target. You can't score goals unless they're on target. :rolleyes:

I think the Hawks a were a little taken back by the aggressiveness of the Wild and the ferocious fore check. Their players even commented on it in after game interviews. When you have a guy like Kane and the games on the line and you need a goal, there are few like him. Kane was the difference maker in this one. Wild have to find a way to keep him in check, easier said then done.

Bruins/Habs, what a comeback in process by the Bruins.....:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Crawford did a great job of keeping us in this. Wild had a great 2nd period, they just could get anything in the back of the net. Kane had a great game. If Chicago's forwards get/stay hot than the hawks will be hard to beat.

Wild got them right where they want them!!!:eek:

Ha ha ! I know what your thinking...

As much as I would love a repeat of the home games against the Avs, somehow I don't think it may happen. Chicago really showed why they are defending champs in game 2. I'm not throw in the towel yet, but it's going to be very difficult. The Hawks smell blood.

Ha ha ! I know what your thinking...

As much as I would love a repeat of the home games against the Avs, somehow I don't think it may happen. Chicago really showed why they are defending champs in game 2. I'm not throw in the towel yet, but it's going to be very difficult. The Hawks smell blood.

What did I tell you!!! Now it is one game at a time. Another win at home and then steal one in Chi town.

Man... this is eerily looking like the Avs series. Now let's do something we didn't do in that series and win on the road and put this thing to bed next week at home.

Impressive performance By the Wild at home

Back