New gal on the block :)

RoosterFetcher

Hey guys and gals I'm a new gal to Ultimate Pheasant Hunting. I live in NW Iowa with my hubby and we farm for a living. I'm loving the pheasants we have in the area. I'll help whenever possible with the local Pheasants Forever Chapter. You may have seen our picture in the national Pheasant's Forever Magazine with helping plant the native grasses for Pheasants Forever in Remsen, Iowa.

I'm working on putting up a website to promote my love for our labradors. This will be up within the next couple of weeks....so more info to come. Would love to connect with more people from our area to go pheasant hunting with and watch the dogs work. I have an awesome black pointing lab male that has over 11 pointing champions that we purchased form BearPoint Kennel. I have an awesome yellow female that I'm convinced knows more than I do. I also have a GSP that is just incredible to watch in the field. I love having both the labs and the GSP in the field. They all point and I'm finding they are a great combination!!!

Hope to hear from you fellow pheasant hunters!

Last edited:
Welcome to the site from another Iowan. Feel free to post away, good group of people here. :cheers:

Wonderful, Welcome to UPH, Boy it very nice to see a Lady around here. (Clean up your act boy's). What gauge gun do you shoot? I do hope you are 20 gauge lady.......Bob

Welcome to the site, ma'am (Montana-speak . . . old habits die hard, if ever . . . ). Glad to have you here.

Thanks Guys...

Hi Bob~
I started out as a 20 ga gal. I was shooting a Remmington 870. Then I switched to a Benelli Super Nova 12 ga. I do have to be honest with you and tell you that I'm looking at going back to a 20 ga and possible a semi-auto. I've discovered I don't need a 12 ga to bring down a bird. :)

Thanks for all the welcome guys!

Welcome to the forum! :thumbsup: I think this is one of the best resources on the web when it comes to bird hunting, dog training, etc.

RF, could we call you by your first name like some of the other members around here? I shoot a little 28 gauge Remington 1100 Semi auto. That is so sweet you don't know you are shooting it until you hear the bang. I also have an 11-87 Rem 20 gauge. That is a very nice gun to shoot pheasants with. I use the 1220FPS with 1 ounce of shot.......Bob

Welcome to UPH from a fellow female hunter

OMG we're being over run by women:D Welcome to the site and enjoy:10sign: The sites starting to get more Iowans on it now thats a good thing:thumbsup:

Welcome to UPH!!!! As long as you are not a Nun you will have no problems with the Coot!!!:thumbsup:

Hmmm . . . maybe I should invite Sister Mary Wingshot to join . . .

Rosterfetcher, Glad your on board.

Welcome to the site:thumbsup:

Welcome to the site...pay no attention to those guys, they're harmless!

Back