New 16 Gauge Help!

goldenboy

Hey guys,

I posted a few months ago about looking for an over and under 16. I found the one I was looking for a bought it! It takes some time, effort and some searching but if you are persistent you can find them. I bought a Browning Citori White Lightning. It is a dark deep stock (not the shiny one) comes with choke tubes and ejectors. I can't wait to shoot it. But I need help. Where do you guys buy shells? I am looking to possible buy a case of target loads for some sporting clays. I want to shoot this gun and get used to it. Then I also need some help in finding a good source to buy game loads, mostly for shooting pheasants. Thanks in advance for the help.

Cabela's has a decent selection. Prices are going up everywhere. Your local gun shop should at least have 1&1/8 #6, 4s. Fiochi makes 5s which I like for pheasant.

Check these:

MidwayUSA
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Natchez
Sinclairs
Graf and Son's ( as mentioned above)

Remember you will have a Hazmat fee if shipped! Usually around 27.50.

GB, if your in the Twin Cities you can try Sportsman Guides Outlet in So. St. Paul. You can see there selection on their website but if you drive over you can pick them up in person.

Shouldn't this thread be in the "Guns & Ammo" Forum? I can move it if you want.

I have the same 16 ga. Citori. 16 ga. shells are available at most sporting goods stores. For hunting I buy the Fiocchi Golden Pheasant loads at Runnings. They may also have some 1 oz. Winchester target loads. I know Dunham's has 1 oz. Remington target loads. Cabelas should have some 16's as well as Gander. I have order some from Bass Pros. I've also bought a case of B&P's and found them to be very good. I use them mostly for my field trials. http://www.bandpusa.com/f2-classic-16-ga/

Shouldn't this thread be in the "Guns & Ammo" Forum? I can move it if you want.

I have the same 16 ga. Citori. 16 ga. shells are available at most sporting goods stores. For hunting I buy the Fiocchi Golden Pheasant loads at Runnings. They may also have some 1 oz. Winchester target loads. I know Dunham's has 1 oz. Remington target loads. Cabelas should have some 16's as well as Gander. I have order some from Bass Pros. I've also bought a case of B&P's and found them to be very good. I use them mostly for my field trials. http://www.bandpusa.com/f2-classic-16-ga/

Dakota, feel free to move it if you want. I just was looking for some info on shells and I have some good starts.

AbleAmmo.com is another site that has 16 ga. shells. Only problem with ordering them is that the shipping is usually a killer. If you order a case (8 boxes) from B&P the shipping is free.

I'm sure if you look around the Twin Cities area you will be able to find all the 16's you will need.

You are going to love that White Lightning. What length barrels did you get? I have the 26 inch on my WL. I was talking to someone at Pheasant Fest by the Browning display and they didn't think Browning was going to make any more 16 ga. Citori's. I can't believe they won't continue to have some limited runs.

Your new Citori 16 ga is a nice gun! Hope you will like it. Ditto on 16ga.com, check them out, lots of good info there. Ballistic Products in Corcoran, MN is another supplier that tries to support the 16 ga shooter. If it turns out that you really like your 16, give serious consideration to handloading, it is fun and opens up a lot more options for tailoring the load to your specific needs, as the industry major ammo companies sort of ignore us 16 ga shooters.

You know, your going to have nothing but trouble finding 16ga shells. I tell ya what, you just cut a trade with me for a nice 20 or 12 and you will thank me in the end(Wink)...:laugh:

L&M Supply in Grand Rapids Mn has all kinds of Federal target loads for $7.99. Try Runnings farm stores. Fleet Farm, The Frontiersman, Ahlman's in Morris Town, Reeds Sporting Goods in Walker.

Good Luck

You know, your going to have nothing but trouble finding 16ga shells. I tell ya what, you just cut a trade with me for a nice 20 or 12 and you will thank me in the end(Wink)...:laugh:

L&M Supply in Grand Rapids Mn has all kinds of Federal target loads for $7.99. Try Runnings farm stores. Fleet Farm, The Frontiersman, Ahlman's in Morris Town, Reeds Sporting Goods in Walker.

Good Luck

On point, nice try! As I said earlier I am about as excited as a kid on Halloween day waiting to shoot this thing and have some fun with it.:):)

On point, nice try! As I said earlier I am about as excited as a kid on Halloween day waiting to shoot this thing and have some fun with it.:):)

You should be, I have 5 nice 16ga guns but really would love a Citori to top off my 16ga collection.

You should be, I have 5 nice 16ga guns but really would love a Citori to top off my 16ga collection.

op, better get one while you can. A guy at the Browning booth at Pheasant Fest last week told me he didn't think Browning was going to make any more 16 ga. Citori's. I find it hard to believe but I guess one never knows.

op, better get one while you can. A guy at the Browning booth at Pheasant Fest last week told me he didn't think Browning was going to make any more 16 ga. Citori's. I find it hard to believe but I guess one never knows.

I'm on it but this thing called no money keeps blocking my road to success..:laugh:

I lucked into a Browning sweet 16 a few weeks ago, 16 ga. shotshells are almost impossible to find in Indiana. I will try B&P or other online sources.

I lucked into a Browning sweet 16 a few weeks ago, 16 ga. shotshells are almost impossible to find in Indiana. I will try B&P or other online sources.

Just went to B&P's web site to order a case and they are currently out of 5-6-7 shot.

Back