Need some prayers...

JMc

Super Moderator
Hey guys, if you haven't heard, we had a wildfire go through the Fritch, TX area last Sunday. My school was and remains the evacuation center. Long story short: 235 homes burned, 170 structures burned and 2500 acres. It was in the Lake Meredith area and most were trailers. They melted to the ground. I now have 42 homeless students in my district. The families need your thoughts and prayers. If you wish to help out, you can click www.sfisd.net for more information; we will update this Friday and have a more complete listing.

Thanks,
Jim

Best wishes and prayers sent. I see you are a -2 dew point! 95 degrees currently, I did not know they could do that. I am afraid we are not going to be out of the woods this year.

I couldn't imagine what it would feel like to loose everything so fast:( hard times ahead for a lot of people. I hope the relief people need gets there fast. Best wishes and prayer for in involved.

Sorry to hear the news. Prayers sent to all who lost everything and those fire fighters.

Sorry to hear. I have been focusing on the San Diego area as I have a sister out there. The reality is that anywhere that dry conditions exist can combust out of control. My prayers will include your area tonight.

Jim Prayers for you, your staff, and all those families. Please keep us posted. I am an executive pastor in a church here in Minnesota, we do have benevolent funds for things like this. Let me know if you run into a difficult case I will see what we can do. I will also check the link out.

Thanks for the replies...as for assistance, it has been overwhelmining with the amount of "stuff" coming in. I will keep you guys posted and will let you know if we need anything. One of the things that has gone unnoticed is the animal shelters and vets in the area. Several are offering free boarding until the families are back on their feet. Beleive it or not, dog food would be a great donation. Not sure how to go about it, but I'll get it to the shelters.
Jim

Assistance was the word I was looking:) People say the worlds going to hell, but when things like this happens people really seem to do the right thing:thumbsup:

Jim, for the significance of the sheer number of homes lost, why have we not seen this on the national news? That really has to affect your kids! We hear about 30 homes lost in California, why not this? You're all in my prayers!

I have to agree with PD. I have not heard about this until seeing it on UPH. Nothing on the news channels. Prayers for all the families involved.

Wow I have not heard a thing about this in the news. Prayers sent to all affected buy this fire.

It's the second largest loss of homes in a day in Texas (CC hurricane is first). Poor blue collar folks aren't news worthy, I guess. 11% off my school districts taxable value lost in one day. Google Fritch fire and you can read about it.

One thing I know about Texans, they are tough and they will bounce back. The pride they have in their state and their people is a great thing. I pray that they get all the help they need. How are you holding up Jim?

Back