Moving to Kansas City area- Help

Heading to KC next week to check out some of the Kansas areas.
Anyone have suggestions for the Missouri side of KC?

Stay out of KCMO south of the river. Pretty rough for the most part. That being said there are some good values on the Missouri side.

try platte county

Hey, I'm from a little north of KC on the MO side and if you want to stay close to KC but still have more rural setting look at the Platte County area. I-29 runs right into KC and doesn't take long to get pretty much anywhere in KC. Outside of Platte City home prices shouldn't be that bad and the schools in Platte County are pretty solid if not good (i'm a teacher). Good luck and send me a PM if you have any questions.
Ross

We sold our house and will be moving to the KC area around Thanksgiving.
Screws up my hunting big time right from the start.
Since I will need a job before buying a house I am looking for a house to rent. Does anyone know of any available houses for rent within 30-40 miles or so of KC?
I need a place that will allow for 2 outdoor dogs be it a fenced yard or some sort of kennel setup.
It's is just my wife and I so we do not care if it's small or not. We just need to find someplace to live until we find a home to purchase. We are both in our 50's, have excellent credit, very trustworthy and will maintain a rental as if we owned it.
If anyone knows of a place to rent or can give me info on any available rentals please PM me or you can call me at 405-826-9478.

I am very thankfull for all your help.
Terry

Suggestions? Yep!! Stay west of the state line! :D

I suppose I could give back all the people in my Missouri town who have K.U. K.S.U. stickers and flags in their yard. Why are they here? Since Kansas is the land of Ahhh's. I'd look around and decide. Job placement might make a difference.

I suppose I could give back all the people in my Missouri town who have K.U. K.S.U. stickers and flags in their yard. Why are they here?
Ohhhhhh, I don't know. I guess either they're not real bright or they don't own a compass.
;) Lighten up Francis

Thanks for helping out everyone.
Still looking for a place to rent that allows outside dogs. Have followed up your leads but so far nothing available. We are checking Craigslist and my wife is calling about some places today. I don't totally trust Craigslist.
Not sure where areas are good and safe. Hopefully we find a place soon and can keep rolling along. I hate all the crap you have to deal with when moving but that's part of it.
Really excited to move to KC area, ready for a change.

Thanks for helping out everyone.
Still looking for a place to rent that allows outside dogs. Have followed up your leads but so far nothing available. We are checking Craigslist and my wife is calling about some places today. I don't totally trust Craigslist.
Not sure where areas are good and safe. Hopefully we find a place soon and can keep rolling along. I hate all the crap you have to deal with when moving but that's part of it.
Really excited to move to KC area, ready for a change.

When you get it narrowed down, post area here. I am sure we can give you the low-down. :)

Manhattan is a little to far from KC. Sounds like a nice place though.
Checking out the towns around KC, like the rural areas best if my wife will go for it. I have had her in the country for the last 15 years and she thinks she would like to be in or very close to the city for a change. We will see.

I live in Western Shawnee by K-7. It sounds to me that you would really like the Basehor area. Make sure you do not buy in Wyandotte Co because of the property taxes.

We like the Basehor area and prefer the Kansas side or Missouri area north of the river. Wherever we can find a place to live until we get settled in and can purchase a home. We plan on being there the week of Thanksgiving since we have to be out of our house completely by Dec. 1st.
Thanks to everyone for their input. Checking out leads from several of you on places to rent. No luck so far but checking out more places today.

Thanks,
Terry

Check out zillow.com. You can choose an area and it will show you all homes for sale AND rent. Very east site to use. I work for home remodeler, mostly exterior. We've been in business 30 years and are hunter friendly. We pretty much shut down for pheasant opener cause everyone is gone hunting. Shoot me a pm and we can chat about it.

I hope this helps

Well my wife is in Shawnee, Ks and rented us a house that allows dogs and has a fenced yard but the yard is pretty small. We were running out of time to find a place that allows dogs and that makes it tough. They moved the closing date to the 22nd so 1 week from today we will be in Kansas. They picked up the pods yesterday and am I glad that part is done. All I have in the house is an air bed, lawn chair, TV, clothes and a paper box for end table. Next Thursday night I will load up the Harley, dog equipment, hunting gear etc., load up the dogs Friday morning, go to the closing at 10 and I'm heading out.
This weekend will be my first free time in a long time so I'm going quail hunting the next couple of days.

I would like to thank everyone on this board for helping me out, I surely appreciate it and needed it.

Tried to talk my wife into moving more into the country but she said I have had her living in the country for the last 15 years and she was ready for a change. I've never lived in the city so I don't think I will care for it but will give it a shot. She did promise me I could do all the hunting I wanted until the first of the year. W'll see how long that last. Looking forward to meeting some of you. Thanks again.:cheers:

Terry

Back