Mom died

RedNose

I had a great life with my mom. She & I lived with her immigrant mother & father; I became bilingual because of this. Mom taught me to ski, fly fish, shoot, hit a base ball, catch one, stand up for myself, etc. We spent days together on streams in Alaska fishing.
She always spent the Christmas-New Year holiday with us after Grandma & Grandpa died. I was back in Yooperland with her after this helping her with things for the long winter. We were getting ready to go for a blood draw for her physical on that coming Friday when as I helped her get a sweater on she died in my arms. Mom was 92, active & independent the whole time, RN that loved ER and the OR, hated wards. Her biggest fear was nursing homes as is mine. Mom was my mentor and hero. She always took the high road and tried to teach me the same. I doubt I lived up to her expectations but I tried.

I miss our daily phone talks, when back in her home I missed seeing her in her chair, etc. Time will heal but I'll always have wonderful memories of my mother

Scott

What wonderful memories you have to remember. I pray you are comforted.

What a great relationship you had. Take time to grieve, it takes a while, sharing it with someone will help over time. It's especially hard on only children if you are one. Blessings upon you both.

How blessed you are (as am I ) to have had and still have a great mother !!!Hoe I can be such a good parent

Sounds like your mom meant a great deal to you. I am a little envious of a relationship like that. I grew up in a family with many issues, my mother had mental disorders the last 15 or so years of her life, so our relationship at times was strained. All in all I tried to be the best son I could be. My true grief was over the death of my mother-in-law 2 years ago. She was a great woman and truly left a void in my heart. I am sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear of what is obviously a great loss. It certainly sounds like you made the most of the times you had together.

Said prayers for you.

What a way for your mother to leave this world. I would gladly take a quick trip in my child's strong arms. God Bless.

You were truly blessed. I to have great memories of Mom. My condolences

You were truly blessed. I to have great memories of my Mom. My condolences

Cherish the memories. You have been truly blessed to have your mother around until she was 92. My mother died at age 57, she would have been 100 this coming September. Sure wish my mom had been around a little longer. At least to see her grandchildren. My mother also was an RN and a hospital administrator up until her passing in 1971.

My sincere condolences. Prayer sent your way. You two shared a wonderful life & she passed in loving arms.

I am truely sorry for your loss, you were lucky to have such a great relationship with your mom, mine has been gone a few years now and I as well had a great relationship with my wonderful loving mom. Prayers out to you.

Thank you for your nice remarks. I'm doing better but have lots of moments of memories with tears in the eyes. Grandchildren (two) are getting to know more and more about grandma from the remarks left at the obit at the funeral home on line page.
Thanks again
Scott

Back