Minnesota Twins

I love when the A's visit Minnesota, its nice to get in the extra bp. :cheers:

Bating practice is what it looked like. Pelfrey throwing a 90 mph fastball with no movement right down the middle. Hell, I could probably still hit those. :)

I have watched it too many times. Team pitching is struggling before we come to town, then we make them look like Cy Young for a three game series. I guess we will find out.

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe our pitching coach SUcks

You mean Anderson... aka Gardy's long time buddy?

Geez... I've been saying for years that he is inept at developing any kind of talent. Just look at his track record, or lack of one.

You mean Anderson... aka Gardy's long time buddy?

Geez... I've been saying for years that he is inept at developing any kind of talent. Just look at his track record, or lack of one.

Exactly. Look at all the pitchers the Twins had that they gave up on that went on to other teams and had successful careers.

One thing is for sure. If the Twins lose 90+ games again this year there will have to be some major changes to the management and coaching staffs.

Exactly. Look at all the pitchers the Twins had that they gave up on that went on to other teams and had successful careers.

One thing is for sure. If the Twins lose 90+ games again this year there will have to be some major changes to the management and coaching staffs.

HAHA ! The Cubs havent won in a million years! Its expected they lose 90+ games! Changes? for what ?

Now it's the Twins v. the Royals! Whitey Herzog used to say it was hell to play bad teams early in the season BEFORE they know how bad they were! That could be Minnesota, or could be the Royals, who knows. My guess is it will be a half glass full, or a half glass empty. We won't find out either till down the road. A sweep by somebody might put a stamp on the season.

Now it's the Twins v. the Royals! Whitey Herzog used to say it was hell to play bad teams early in the season BEFORE they know how bad they were! That could be Minnesota, or could be the Royals, who knows. My guess is it will be a half glass full, or a half glass empty. We won't find out either till down the road. A sweep by somebody might put a stamp on the season.

A sweep by the Royals just might put an early fork in the Twins.

Looks like the early nineties! The season looks a little brighter for the twinks!

One game does not make a season!! Gibson looked good and has been the only bright spot in the starting rotation. He'd have pitched a shutout if Florimon hadn't booted that double play ball in the 1st.

I have watched it too many times. Team pitching is struggling before we come to town, then we make them look like Cy Young for a three game series. I guess we will find out.

Wow told you. I have seen this crap so many times it makes me want to puke. We have the talent to have one of the best offenses in baseball and they continue to underachieve. Good day Moustakas, 0-3 with 2 fielding errors:10sign:

They all sucked but theres plenty more games between them to make up for it.

The sweep I had in mind went to the wrong team.

What the hell is up with Joe Mauer? Last year he struck out much more than usual and this year it appears to be getting worse. He struck out 3 times last night and has a team leading 17 SO's on the season.

And then there is Jared Burton. Walked 3 last night and then gave up the Slam. For the season he has 5 innings pitched, 6 hits (3 HR's), 5 walks and 8 earned runs for nice fat 14.40 ERA. What do Gardy and Anderson see in this bum?

Nothing will change on the Twins until Gardy and Andy are both wearing different uniforms.

Big contract

vs / performance.

Seems like over the years many a great baseball player performed better
before landing the big contract (I.M.O.) than after..

Thoughts......

Ouch!! If you're a Royals fan, the game today had to really smart. :eek:

Talk about smarting:D. That Pinto does have an arm on him:D. Going to be tough on you guy's against Ventura today. If his curve is working, that 100mph+ fastball get's hard to hit.

Talk about smarting:D. That Pinto does have an arm on him:D. Going to be tough on you guy's against Ventura today. If his curve is working, that 100mph+ fastball get's hard to hit.

Guess Ventura's curve wasn't working, eh? :D

I see the twinks claimed Sam Fuld on waiver from the A's, not a bad grab imo.

Twins have been doing better than expected lately. But in watching Joe Mauer the past several games I've got to think something is not right with him. Maybe it's still his back but something appears to be wrong. He doesn't appear to be taking a full swing or at least not swinging very hard. Seems all he can do is hit weak ground balls to the infield or soft fly balls to left field. If Mauer is not 100% why not get him out of the lineup and get someone else in that can contribute. He's sure not helping the team right now.

He must have went to the ponder school of strength:) My uncle gets to go to a game in June:thumbsup: He a big Twinkies fan. He's a Korean war vet. Twinkies treat him so nice:10sign::thumbsup:

Back