million dollar rooster.

moellermd

Super Moderator
So I heard on the radio that Brown county released 100 taged roosters and if you shoot one you have the chance to win a million bucks. Will guys really choose to hunt around there because of this. I wonder what happens when a group of 20 guys all shoot at the bird.

Last edited:
Cabela's has been doing that for years, has anyone ever won the million bucks? When are they going to release the birds- during the resident opener or the anyone can hunt opener? Remember, when it comes to gambling and lotteries- odds are you'll lose (I do buy a ticket now and again) :).

I have emailed my hunters since we mainly hunt in Brown
County and it got them excited. It is a long shot but you never know someone might get lucky. The rules are milliondollarbird.com if anyone wants to check it out so you know what to do when you shoot one. Good Luck!

If I did win, not sure I would live long enough to collect it all!!!:eek::eek::cheers: 25,000 a year for 40 years!!

I hit it today with my truck, I hope they do not mind the stench (sp) when I bring the bird for my prize in 5 weeks!!!!

I'm in the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

I hit it today with my truck, I hope they do not mind the stench (sp) when I bring the bird for my prize in 5 weeks!!!!

I'm in the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

What your not going to eat it? Such a waste of one of God's most beautiful creatures.

@Deac & UGUIDE - LOL, u-guys got jokes & good ones at that!!! :p
:10sign:

thanks, compliments will get you an invite to the hunt I will sponsor with my winnings!!!! Until I collect my prize, which cannot do until the legal season opens I am going to head into the bush, eh.

Million Dollar Rooster

Hey, let's face it. I'm willing to bet anyone on this site is an avid bird hunter anyway and will be out there enjoying what they love to do best anyway.

So....if your our there anyway, why not throw this incentive in the pot just to let the imaginations run wild. Have some more fun when your out in the weeds with your hunting buds. If anyone would dust one of the "Ghost Money Birds" more power to them and I would be very happy for them. Think of how much fun it might be just to listen to the excitement of them telling the story of how they knocked the Ghost Bird!

What a conversation piece. Would you have the bird "Mounted" with a copy of the check on the base?

They did a similar thing in a MN lake with the golden trout. No one ever caught one. But I would think you would have a better chance at a rooster, especialy those with insider info, that know where they were dumped off. If it happens I hope someone who can realy use it, or do good things gets it.

How many guys are going to put on orange, grab a gun,and go look for a big payoff with absolutely no respect for the sport, the animals, or the land.
How many accidents will there be?How many birds will be left in the field because it didnt have a tag on it????
What ever happened to a guy,his dog,his gun, and a nice fall morning????
Why does EVERYTHING have a price tag on it!!!!!
What a stupid idea!!!!!

How many guys are going to put on orange, grab a gun,and go look for a big payoff with absolutely no respect for the sport, the animals, or the land.
How many accidents will there be?How many birds will be left in the field because it didnt have a tag on it????
What a stupid idea!!!!!

I agree but more importantly I like your user name. Now we just need a Macgruber to sign in:D

What a stupid idea!!!!!

I don't for see anyone wasting thier days looking for something that most likely doesn't exist. I will not be in SD so not to wory about me:D. I reccon it will be bussiness as usual. No body thats not local has an Idea of where to even look so my guess is it will be a resident hunter if anyone to get a crack at such a thing.

A wise man once "Money Has NO Friends". With that much money at stake. I agree with McGavin, What a stupis idea and something that could spell real disaster for the conservation of the resource. Not to speak of the danger to the hunters..........Bob

It's a pen raised bird. A predator ate the thing within 36 hours of being released. They are stupid and have a near zero survival rate. It wouldn't sway me to even think about driving to that county to hunt. If it survives. I hope either some young person or a struggling older couple shoots it. The young could use the money for future schooling. The elderly couple could use it to pay medical or other costs. I doubt anybody will collect.

What a stupid idea!!!!!

I do see your point. However, Cabela's has been doing this for a number of years. So far I don't believe there has been any evidence of the kind of abuses and stupidity you mentioned.

Back