Looking good, sounding good. 👍

benelli-banger

In my hunting area, heard lots of crowing this am, saw lots of birds driving around…usually I see tons in April, good #’s in May, not so many in June…following the trend…month ago big #’s, today good #’s…a month from now not so many…nesting and growth of cover in play as summer progresses. Greening up nicely…☀️

Talked to a farmer buddy yesterday NW of you. Said seeing good number of birds and hens not disappeared yet to go to nest. Should be happening any day. Fingers crossed for no severe weather(hail or drought) and just a couple nice sprinkles through June and we could be all set for a great fall!

Sprayed pre-emergent herbicide over the freshly planted sorghum food plots tonight, there was a lot of crowing and hens flushing. The fall will be fine...even if the hatch is a struggle. Love them long spurs!

I drove to my ground while a strong wind was blowing…I parked on one of the corners, and looked west down the gravel road…something was on the road, flapping in the wind which hadn’t been there a few hours earlier…it was flapping a few feet in the air…slowly drove that way, two roosters stood up and ran…they were graveling, I guess, and the wind was grabbing their tails and lifting them a few feet up…darndest thing I’ve seen in a while!

Two roosters out in the road sparring this time of year....

I raised game chickens when I was a youngster. Two roosters sizing each other up will look pretty flat from a distance... Nature at its finest.

Oh yah, good memories from my childhood days when we had a cow/calf herd....it got pretty sporty at times dealing with them newborn calves!

Sprayed pre-emergent herbicide over the freshly planted sorghum food plots tonight, there was a lot of crowing and hens flushing. The fall will be fine...even if the hatch is a struggle. Love them long spurs!
Curious what you are using for a pre-emergent after you planted?

An agronomist suggested Harness, so I tried it this year. I think it was Prowel I tried last year, it didn't work very well. A couple years ago I was given a partial jug of Radius, think was what it was called, it was thick and caulky stuff, it works greast, but it kept plugging my screen filters. Not sure it it was just old or if the little atv style sprayer could keep it agitated well enough.

Back