Leaving Ca

Well the hunting was very tough in Howard. The warm, dry weather had the birds spread out and true to form the late season roosters were wary and flushing wild the majority of the time. My brother and I bagged 5 roosters combined in 2 1/2 days of hunting. The land owner Todd understood our frustration but with the weather how it was I knew the hunting would be tough. Todd invited us to hunt opening weekend free of charge next season which was a nice gesture on his part.

My obligatory dog/ old equipment pic, it would've been nice to have a limit of roosters there with JP but I think the smile on his face shows his satisfaction.:cheers:

If it was always easy it wouldn't be as much fun. That was a nice offer for next year so you're set that way at least.
Your dogs have got be getting a little run down by now. If you still plan to hunt, some Vit. C powdered up in their food seems to help the following day.
Thanks again for sharing.

Still sounds like a pretty good week to me Robert thanks for keeping us up to date.Its been great.:thumbsup:

Are you still thinking about hunting the sunflower state on your way back through?

I imagine you know but in case you don't, coming back through the Ag. Inspection stations at Truckee or wherever, have your out of state licenses handy in case they require you to fill out the paperwork there for game brought into the state. It depends on when you cross but there could be wardens there to question and go through your stuff or they could direct you into the office to do the paperwork or they can just wave you through. I've had it all three ways and having the licenses handy made it quicker if you process there.:thumbsup:

Still sounds like a pretty good week to me Robert thanks for keeping us up to date.Its been great.:thumbsup:

Are you still thinking about hunting the sunflower state on your way back through?

We aren't going to make it down this time, my brother is ready to get home to his son.

We're doing a little tour on our way out, I'm really glad we stopped here to see Mt Rushmore. Going to grab a bite to eat at Jim's old stomping ground in Custer and get back on the road.

We had a great time George. Thanks you guys for driving down to say hi, it was great seeing you again and meeting Uncle Buck and Mazie.

Here's a pic of our dogs goofing around somewhere west of Casper Wyoming on the North Platte river. Our pups think snow is the greatest thing ever invented.

Beautiful area Scott. I was surprised to see the river completely open and a bunch of honkers still in the area. It was around 10 degrees when we stopped and the dogs kept wanting to take a swim in the river.:confused:

Beautiful area Scott. I was surprised to see the river completely open and a bunch of honkers still in the area. It was around 10 degrees when we stopped and the dogs kept wanting to take a swim in the river.:confused:
Yup,great place to shot all knds of waterfoul hunted that area a lot as a young man. killed more geeze and ducks then ican remember. gladeyou enjoyed it.:thumbsup:

Back