Hit by a car tonight

winchester21

Hi guys,
My little GWP pup Merle got hit by a car tonight. She's stable but has a very long night ahead of her. Toughest day of my life and I'm looking for any and all support. Please keep us in your thoughts.
Bridger

wishing for a quick recovery for the pup and my best wishes to you as well, it can be just as hard on you as it is on the pup, just in a different way.

will do. It's going to be a long road back. She probably won't want out of her sight for a couple of days.It's going to be hard been in similar situation with mine and it's hard.

Prayers are on the way

I hate this kind of news, Lord help this man and his pup

God Bless

Prayers and best wishes headed your way, God Bless this,and all God's creatures.

You are in my thoughts, good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers fellas. I never would have guessed that a forum could be such great support system. She's hanging in there. They had to tap her chest again last night to relieve air pressuring her lungs but aside from that, and a bunch of cuts and scrapes, she is doing okay.

Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers fellas. I never would have guessed that a forum could be such great support system. She's hanging in there. They had to tap her chest again last night to relieve air pressuring her lungs but aside from that, and a bunch of cuts and scrapes, she is doing okay.

Good to hear!! Hope everything turns out just fine...

You and Merle are in my prayers. I, like most of us, have been in that situation. Take care of yourself. It sounds like it is all under control. Good luck.

My female had her head run over a little over a year ago. She suffered some brain trauma and lost the sight in her left eye. 5 days in icu and about $6,000 later she is the sweetest dog we have, not the best hunter but gets the job done.

My prayers go out for your pup and you, hoping for a full, speedy recovery.

Just got back from the clinic and she got up to greet me when I came in. Wagging tail despite the sedatives. She's on oxygen and fluids but we're very optimistic right now. Hopefully they don't need to do another pneumothorax tap and the lungs begin to seal and the excess air is absorbed.

Thanks for the update. It sounds like she has the fight in her!

Best wishes.

Neat thing about pups is that they go from very sick to bouncing around overnight. Made of gum rubber.

Hope all goes well for both of you.

Back