Hit by a car tonight

It's a tough deal what you are going through. I pray the pup comes through it just fine. Hang in there and good luck.

This is when the toughness and resilience of the hunting breeds really pays off -- they can withstand a lot and their recovery is usually quick. Best wishes for you pup to be back to racing around and raising cane real soon.

Hoping for a ultra fast and speedy recovery! Hang in there, glad to hear the pup is doing better. Hope you get some rest as well!

Just got back from the clinic and she got up to greet me when I came in. Wagging tail despite the sedatives. She's on oxygen and fluids but we're very optimistic right now. Hopefully they don't need to do another pneumothorax tap and the lungs begin to seal and the excess air is absorbed.

:thumbsup: Wagging the tail

:( if another pneumothorax. Had that done to me and didnt like it, but it does feel good to get the air out of the chest cavity.

Stay positive sir, I think she will do fine. The begining of the thread was down and didnt sound good but it sounds like she is making a comeback, wagging the tail!!!

Best wishes from me too.

So she's still chuggin along for me. Tough time breathing but she knows and I know that she's gonna pull through. Just gotta make it through tonight. Everyone here rocks!

Know what you are going thru. My 4 yr. old Lab was killed Wed. by a car & my 14 yr. old had to be put down a month ago due to health problems. REALLY hope everything turns out well for you & your pup.

Know what you are going thru. My 4 yr. old Lab was killed Wed. by a car & my 14 yr. old had to be put down a month ago due to health problems. REALLY hope everything turns out well for you & your pup.

Very sorry for the loss of your dogs. I lost a spaniel to old-age in Feb. Still catch myself calling the new dog the old ones name.

Hang in there Winchester. I wish your pup the best and speediest of recoveries.

I am so sorry for your recent pain. That is terrible news. My best wishes go out to your family.

Merle is progressing very well and I transferred her out of the emergency hospital to my local vet. Things are looking up for us. :cheers:

Thanks Blue and everyone else for your words. I truly appreciate all of the support.
Blue, Why the hell aren't you out shooting cockbirds today!!???!! The weather is perfect.

"Merle is progressing very well and I transferred her out of the emergency hospital to my local vet. Things are looking up for us. :cheers:[/QUOTE]"

:cheers:

Good to hear!!

Thanks Blue and everyone else for your words. I truly appreciate all of the support.
Blue, Why the hell aren't you out shooting cockbirds today!!???!! The weather is perfect.

2 things! Have to go cut a Christmas tree! Nephew's B-day party!! I will sneak away Tomorrow and get the ones everyone misses!!!!

She's home!!! We've got some serious r&r for her but I believe that things will continue to progress. We might be able to salvage the season :)
I can't thank all of you enough for your kind words and support. Love this place.

Back