has anyone used the kent ulitmate fast lead diamond shot

Remtech

I found this these shells the size is
Shell length 2/3
Dram equivalent 4-1/4
Oz shot 1-1/2
Shot size 5
Fps 1420

I was wondering has anyone shot this brand? If so please give me feedback.

Thanks
Remtech

Yes.

I feel they are the best pheasant loads out there.

I have been using that particular load for years. Also with 4's.

My go to gun these days is a BUL choked IC. Or a Beretta 687 choked SK1 and SK2.

The Kent loads perform very well for me when combined with these chokes.

I shoot there 20 ga version , there loads pattern very well in my 20's and do well on pheasant , quail and turkey's

I found this these shells the size is
Shell length 2/3
Dram equivalent 4-1/4
Oz shot 1-1/2
Shot size 5
Fps 1420

I was wondering has anyone shot this brand? If so please give me feedback.

Thanks
Remtech

1 1/2 oz of shot at 1420 fps. Get out the Ibuprofin.

david0311

In the 33 reviews on cabelas website no one complained about the shells causeing more of a kick.

Used them for years--great shell really like them :10sign:--used in both light doubles (Arieta's and a BUL for most part--

HOWEVER As Scotty used to tell Captain Kirk--you can't change the laws of physics--In a light weight gun they will rock you--no problem for hunting but you sure wouldn't want to go a 100 or so with them on the range:eek:

In the 33 reviews on cabelas website no one complained about the shells causeing more of a kick.

In a 7.5# gun that load would create 48foot pounds of recoil. A standard 1 1/4oz pheasant load is about 25 foot pounds in the same weight gun.

According to chuckhawks.com recoil table that's a similar amount of recoil as a 375 Ruger.

david0311

In a 7.5# gun that load would create 48foot pounds of recoil. A standard 1 1/4oz pheasant load is about 25 foot pounds in the same weight gun.

According to chuckhawks.com recoil table that's a similar amount of recoil as a 375 Ruger.

Just for curiosity--would you mind doing the math for a 6.5 gun :eek:--

thanks you

d.c.

I don't know about them. I had a bunch but my wildly unscientific recollection from last year was I wounded a lot of pheasants with them. That stopped happening when I changed to my late season 3" #4 loads.

I did not pattern them though and probably should have, I bet there are holes in the pattern in my gun with them.

I have used them a lot in the past and they do kick a lot more than other shells with less FPS. I liked them with the exception of the extra recoil. They patterned nicely in my gun and I didn't have many cripples in the field.

Sissys complain about fast loads LOL.:cheers: I would shoot them but the feds are 1500 fps at 1 1/4 oz. Only reason I shoot them is they don't make faster yet. Bang, bird dead. I shoot less shots, kill more birds. So they end up cheaper. I do use the fitasc 1440's in kent. Absolutely love them.:thumbsup: Again, bang, bird dead. Simple math. Great when your not a person who shoots them off the end of the barrel before your buddy does.

david0311

Sissys complain about fast loads LOL.:cheers: I would shoot them but the feds are 1500 fps at 1 1/4 oz. Only reason I shoot them is they don't make faster yet. Bang, bird dead. I shoot less shots, kill more birds. So they end up cheaper. I do use the fitasc 1440's in kent. Absolutely love them.:thumbsup: Again, bang, bird dead. Simple math. Great when your not a person who shoots them off the end of the barrel before your buddy does.

:10sign: So true---(Speed Kills):cheers:

Back