Gloves?

Hobie1026

I need some cold weather gloves but I'm having problems finding ones that are tight-fitting enough to slide easily into the trigger guard. The stitching seems to be all bunched up at the fingertips. What are the rest of you using and which ones do you like? Thanks in advance....

I use deerskin gloves as they seem to stay/feel softer than other leathers and have nice grip to the gun. I primarily use an unlined pair but also have a pair of lined that work great.

Manzella Ranchhands. Durable and slim at the fingertips. I hate gloves, and these are the best I've found. For my hand anyway.:D

Slit the index finger of the glove, so you can keep your finger out of the glove when you get into a hot spot and cover when not...

gloves

Black Wells Lamont high dexterity leather gloves with thin poly liners, and when it's really cold, wool 3/4 finger gloves with the grip dots on them over the gloves. Will also try putting hot hands behind the wool when I go for the last week of the season depending on how brutal it is. This is a cheap set up for me. Love to buy the Filson's because I really like my Filson chaps, but too pricey for me, so I have to improvise.

Bob Allen

I've worn out a few pairs of these:

http://www.bob-allen.com/inventory.asp?CatId={A254688F-620A-4BCD-9291-D93C3A10255F}

I really like these for colder weather, i have an extra pair for everyday wear:

http://www.bob-allen.com/inventoryD.asp?item_no=313&CatId={A254688F-620A-4BCD-9291-D93C3A10255F}

Good Luck,
Walt B
MI/USA

Deerskin gloves from Gander Mntn. $19.99 on sale
If needed, slide a pair of dark brown jersey cloth gloves inside for warmth.

Just bought a new pair last w/e as my lovely bride thought my original pair was too dirty and washed them:mad: They dried out and blew out the fingertips in no time.

First off I hate hunting in gloves. But when it is really cold and blowing I use some camo Windstoppers from Redhead. They are thin, tight,warm as hell and cheap. I think the last pair I bought was about 25.00. Well worth it and cheap enough you don't freak out if one comes up missing.

I use a pair of leather, insulated gloves (work) from Menard's and a pair of very thin liners. Fingers still get cold...use the hand warmers, but they don't reach the fingers, only the back of the hand. My thumb gets really cold on very severe day's.

Heavier gloves - can't find the safety or fit into the trigger guard. Have looked at Dicks and Gander Mt.

Maybe we should invent/configure a pheasant hunting glove...this would have small pouches down the fingers for hand warmers.

They do make electric gloves but I believe thay are too bulky for hunting and mainly used for skiing.

I had a pair of the Bob Allen gloves and they are good but a bit pricey. Go to Walmart and instead of going to the hunting department, go to the men's department. They have a leather glove with thinsulate that greatly resembles the Bob Allen gloves but cost about $17 a pair. I keep several pairs in the truck and one in my vest. When one gets wet, I trade out and put the other set on the dash vent to dry between patches.

This is my first post here - can't believe I hadn't found this site before now.

As for gloves I found this trick years ago for winter golfing - Scuba Divers gloves. They are neoprene, between 3 to 5 mm thick, tight fitting (skin tight if you get the right size), water proof and very warm. I wear them for winter hunting and range work as well as winter fly fishing (have to take them off to tye a fly on though), here in Ohio.

I have fingers that have bad blood flow and turn kind'a black when they get really cold. With these neoprene gloves I rarely have that problem, only if I stay in the field or on the river for 6 - 8 hours in 20degree weather.

This is my first post here - can't believe I hadn't found this site before now.

As for gloves I found this trick years ago for winter golfing - Scuba Divers gloves. They are neoprene, between 3 to 5 mm thick, tight fitting (skin tight if you get the right size), water proof and very warm. I wear them for winter hunting and range work as well as winter fly fishing (have to take them off to tye a fly on though), here in Ohio.

I have fingers that have bad blood flow and turn kind'a black when they get really cold. With these neoprene gloves I rarely have that problem, only if I stay in the field or on the river for 6 - 8 hours in 20degree weather.

First, welcome to the forum! Lots of good people here.

I like the idea of the diving gloves, I'll look into them for next season. I ended up with a tight fitting pair of deerkskin gloves. And haven't had a chance to go out hunting since I bought them! :mad: Last weekend's hunt was ended prematurely by a blowout on the way to the hunting grounds. Trying again this weekend. If I make it we'll see how the gloves perform. Supposed to be down in the teens.:eek:

gloves

I've used fishing gloves in that situation before. I can flip the glove off a finger and be ready to shoot.

Welcome to the site.
Like the idea of diving gloves but don't know where you would find them in Ok.
Don't like buying gloves or boots without trying them on first unless it's a brand I've bought before.
Would the sporting goods stores in OKC carry them?

I wear thin deerskin leather gloves. Throw a cheap thin liner in when cold out. When I used to live in Nebraska the wind always got to me. I started wearing neoprene gloves. (the kind you use to duck hunt) They are waterproof, warm, form fitting, and work really well keeping your hands warm. My .02!

Back