Gas Prices

Just paid $2.199 a liter. Will someone put that in gallon cost for me. Over 200 to fill up, yeah it’s Canuck but still.
That equates to $8.32 per gallon. With current exchange rates that's approx. equal to $6.10 in US dollars.

Just returned from SD, about 1200 mile round trip. Used about 70 gallons, gas averaged about $3.60, so about $250, drove solo. If gas had been $3, very cheap, I’d have saved $40. Whoopee. Driving from Alaska, yes, these prices add up. But if you ride with at least one other, and are doing 1,000 or 2000 miles per trip, this isn’t a big deal. The pandemic prices in 2020 were an aberration ; gas in the $3.50 range right now is almost a bargain when viewed on an inflation-adjusted basis over the past several decades or longer. My .02. IMO, driving solo is one of life’s great luxuries! A bargain at twice the price! 🥳
Driving solo is way better than driving with some cheap sob.

I don’t hang out with cheap SOB’s, but it’s just a certain freedom, for me at least, to drive solo. Cross country, maybe I’d have a partner. But 400-600 mile destinations, solo for me. Plus, 3 dogs, the van or truck fills up fast.
I can really relate to the solo guys on this forum.I think solo hunting allows time for reflection on past hunting trips with famous dogs, and premium grade shotguns.

That equates to $8.32 per gallon. With current exchange rates that's approx. equal to $6.10 in US dollars.
Thanks makes me feel better. The last gas I got in AK was $5.39 but that was artificial since a new store opened in Tok and there was a price war. All covered by the raise I’m getting in January

I have not seen diesel below 5.25 from Seattle to North Platte Neb in the last weeks.

Back