Game Fair

Dakotazeb

Has anyone attended the Game Fair that is held in Anoka, MN?
http://www.gamefair.com/
I was just recently made aware of the event and it really looks like a fun time.

Our NSTRA Region (the "Mid North Region" which consists of South Dakota, North Dakota and Minnesota) is thinking about having a booth at Game Fair in an attempt to raise more interest in the NSTRA field trials. We'd realy like to see some trials in Minnesota. I have volunteered to come over and work the booth a couple of days if they get it put together.

My nephew usually goes as he lives nearby in Elk River. I came close last year when I delivered his pup but we ran out of time. It's a big show.

It's the super bowl of outdoor shows IMO. Tons of stuff for all outdoors man and women. Really gets a person pumped up for fast approaching fall

http://www.gamefair.com/

I live about 5 miles away. It is definately a good time and lots to see. It would probably give your club some very good visability.

If you go, bring your dog. There is lots for them to do.

Been there several times, It's a fun way to spend a day. It is prety much the same ting every year though. You can get some good deals on gear. If you go I will stop in and visit George.

Ken, if we get a booth put together I will let you know. Also what dates I plan to be there. I'll post it here and hopefully some of the other guys on this site that attend will also stop by and introduce themselves. It would be nice to meet some you in person.

Zeb
Keep us informed if you go I will look for you. Last year I took the whole family and dogs it was fun but I wanted to spend more time talking to trainers and watching some of the dog events. It is a great way to kick off the season and spend some money:D.

I usually try to make it, once in a while even work my outfit's booth there.

Don't recall seeing NSTRA there before, but I am sure you would be well received. In my biased opinion, there's plenty of events and demonstrations geared towards flushers and retrievers, not nearly enough for pointing dogs.

LOTS of dogs there--not just for the events, but walking all over the place.

The Mid-North Region (North Dakota, South Dakota & Minnesota) of NSTRA is definately going to have a booth at Game Fair. We will be located in a big tent with all the other dog clubs. I would encourage everyone to stop by and learn more about NSTRA.

Once I find out what days I will be working I will post it here. I'd enjoy meeting some of you UPH members and shootin' the breeze about dogs, hunting, etc.

Look forward to meeting you and learning more about field trials.
Any chance of you bringing the Harley?

I doubt if I'll be traveling over on the Harley. I think I will be bringing Elle, my young female Brittany, to have in the booth with me. Hope to see you there. It's looking like I will be working the booth the 2nd weekend.

Is UPH going to have name tags for us at the entrance? I usually try and make it out for 1 day. It was easier when I worked nights and could go on Friday, this 9-5 thing really gets in the way of my hunting and fishing (but I'm thankful to have a job). A few years ago I and the wife were standing in the back to watch the Tom Knapp show that was about to start; Tom took the mic and looked at me and said could we have a round of applause for our guest today.......I couldn't understand why everyone was looking at me until I looked over to my right and about 6" away Tim Pawlenty had snuck up just behind me. I said hi and good luck with everything but I'm not from MN.

It's a good time. I've gone the past 6-7 years since moving up here. When the Game Fair comes, I know it's time for hunting season. That's when I really start prepping for hunting trips out to SD. If you come, you will have a good time at the Game Fair!!!!!!

Back