funny thing my dog does!

12gaugedust

The funniest thing i have ever seen my dog dooo! Does any of your hunting dogs ever do this? He points flies in the house!! If one lands on the table and he sees it, the front paw goes up, tail goes straight, and he will stand there until its under his nose and then he catches and eats it.. Funnier than shit to watch..

Junie points all manner of reptiles and amphibians.:confused: She pointed a skink in the corner of the garage for about 20 minutes the other day. After a few minutes in one spot, she would move and point it from another angle. Poor thing, I finally cracked the garage door open and let it out so Junie could go back to rolling on the dirty floor and looking for new lizards to pester...:rolleyes:

I haven't really seen her point a fly, but she is quick enough to catch them when they fly too close to her nose.

Lol. LB is a lizard master, he hunts them anytime he's outside and catches his share. Daisy is notorious for fighting bees, she has waged war against them and will go after (and get stung by) every one she sees. Dumb bird dogs.:D

I have another good one that happened this weekend.

LB rolls up with a baby possum in his mouth and JP goes over to investigate it. LB drops it and begins a growling face off with his dad with the possum playing dead in between them. The stand off finally ends and they both fall asleep with the possum still laying in between them. The sucker perks up and casually strolls off while they are still asleep.:D Stupid dogs! I woke thrm up and sent JP to dispatch the ugly little thing. We don't need any egg raiders (besides LB) around our chickens.:cheers:

My GWP Sadie will point at flies. She also will point at her toy when she brings to me, only if I am not paying attention. She will hold that point until I pick up the toy.

I don't know if it's funny, but in the morning he waits for my female to pee before he will. Then he gets as close to her as he can and pees about half of his bladder. Then he starts licking her pee, then he pees the rest out while gumming her pee and drooling. He is a weird one. Couple of times he has ended up peeing on her while she is going. No new poop stories so that is a plus.

sounds like yall have some funny dogs too! Mine is a brittany and we are getting ready to move to a country house that has 2.37 acres of land most of the is habitat for pheasant, and pasture.. Cant wait to get my boy out there so he can explore, and stop chasing the damn flies around the house..

My 10 year old yellow lab will look for road kills and blown tires (I think she thinks they are animals) while riding in the back seat of the truck. If she sees one, she will stare at it until we pass and then she turns and watches until it is out of sight. There is usually a little whining as well.

One of my goldens stalks rabbits...barely barely creeps toward and will literally hold her paw up in mid-step if she thinks they are watching her. Usually will get within just a few feet before they bolt. Same dog also "fishes". She will walk around shallow water looking down for small fish. If she sees one, she will try to pounce on it. Hilarious to watch.

Virtually all of the above! My Sadie lives in the house and goes full bore when outside doing all the above. Bluebirds have given up trying to nest in their house in my back yard. They managed just fine through three other birddogs but Sadie has a much better nose apparently and she stays pointed or searching when they are in the birdhouse. It is higher off the ground than usual (by design!) but this year they laid two clutches of eggs and abandoned it. Sadie will be frantic to bring me or my wife a present when we come in the door, even if we've just been to the mailbox! So entertaining.

dumb mutts

pastor john's 6 mo. gsp is deadly on grasshoppers, ain't pointed anything else yet but the hoppers she has down pat.

cheers

Back