Favre Ready for Another Run At Super Bowl

Labman

That's right boys...... Packers fans were all giddy and happy yesterday when they thought they had a chance to win the division. My how things have changed. Favre will be playing another season, and this team will be pretty darn good.......... I'm guessing right now they win all 8 games at home, and end up with a 12-4 record.

Geez, Favre! Would you please make up your mind? I don't think he understands what all this waffling is doing to his reputation. The first regular season game against the Saints is only a month away. Time to fish or cut bait, Brett.

I do agree with ya Dakotazeb.....

Geez, Favre! Would you please make up your mind? I don't think he understands what all this waffling is doing to his reputation. The first regular season game against the Saints is only a month away. Time to fish or cut bait, Brett.

i don't know about you guys but... if in fact it is the ankle that is still bothering him (I truly think that is the reason for his non committal), I for one would gladly let Bret take his time to see if the ankle improves. If he agrees to come back and the ankle isn't ready for hard practice, what will that gain you.

This guy will only need a couple to three weeks to get to playing shape if the ankle improves. Right now i give it 50/50 that he returns. So worse case scenario he misses maybe the first week of regular season, who cares. Nothing against TJack, but he is no
Bret Favre and the Vikes best chance to go deep into the playoffs (whether you want to admit it or not) is with No. 4. TJack knows that if and when Bret comes back that he will be back to 2nd string anyways. I think the Vikings are willing to give Bret as long as he wants to make the decision, but in the meantime they are going forward with TJack taking 1st string workouts.

Just my .02

Last edited:
here is your viqueens opertunity, better quit bad mouthen the packers. how many super bowls, you win. 0 how may the packer win?????? :D that might stir the pot. cards are goning to kick all your buts, if the pack doesnt win the black and blue div. ::D please fell free to send all the hate mail to blackcloud that you want. sorry blackcloud i owe one.lol lolm just kidding:thumbsup:

Whats wrong with the longhorn sheep? There management is so stupid they raised the money there going to pay him by 4 million. Real smart you had him under contract and no one else wants him. Coach wasn't smart enough to have a plan B. It's funnier watching the longhorn sheep screw up every year then the packers winning the superbowl:) Who cares what team wins the divison Superbowls all that matters. Cards and Saints figured that out did it in less time then the Sheep Bah:)No hard fellings sheep fans someday they will win it all:eek:

thats what i was saying in the other thread, farve is NOT gonna just retire... hes done this crap to every team hes played for except the packers... at the packers, they allowed him to train himself spring training. jets and vikes, they want him in the spring training, he keeps announcing retirement til last week or 2 of spring training.

hes old, hes gonna injure easier, he can stop trying to prove himself. he whines too much if you ask me. hes a mama's boy and apparently hes getting his ways around football. ill be going to watch this so called farve in dec 12th when they play the ny giants.

Can we change the title of this blog to:
Favre Ready for Another Limp at Super Bowl

yup, it all about pr. jmc he'll come back, for the money, if for nothing else, can you say, drama queen. I am a big packer fan, have been from 1960's. i dont watch pro football, much anymore because i think its fixed. i know iam going to get blasted on this. I would rather watch football on saturday. college football., not over payed actors. my to pennys.

According to the NFL Channel, The Vikes have sweetened the pot a bit.
Another 5,000,000$ added to the present 12,000,000 to help Brett with the decision.
Brett in an interview sez "$$$ have nothing to do with his decision.
"it is totally the ankle"

Tjack by the way in practice REALLY!!! looks GOOD. MAN!!! what an athlete.:cheers: And arm!! I mean "HOLY CRAP"!!

But then:) they are all amazing athletes.

I see some of you are pretty good trash talkers, the guy put up over 4,000 passing yards last year. You can talk when your team beats the Vikings and Favre. Until then, I guess we'll wait and see.

Can we change the title of this blog to:
Favre Ready for Another Limp at Super Bowl

How is NFL football fixed? I see some pretty bad calls, for one, in the Vikings/Saints Championship game last year, but I'll disagree all day long that it's fixed.

Bad calls in every sport........

yup, it all about pr. jmc he'll come back, for the money, if for nothing else, can you say, drama queen. I am a big packer fan, have been from 1960's. i dont watch pro football, much anymore because i think its fixed. i know iam going to get blasted on this. I would rather watch football on saturday. college football., not over payed actors. my to pennys.

I see some of you are pretty good trash talkers, the guy put up over 4,000 passing yards last year. You can talk when your team beats the Vikings and Favre. Until then, I guess we'll wait and see.

you know how he got over 4,000? thats because hes been playing football a hellva alot longer than joe montana or any of those old farts... farve is one to not want to retire. he wants to win a superbowl and hes probably not gonna get it... well unless his team does the unbelievable year... which wont happen with the vikes.. bc for one thing, adrian has control issues when it gets to the red zone... hes flipping the ball back and fourth and then forgets what arm has it and loses it when he thinks hes gonna get in the end zone, or the defense actually tackle and push back.

of course hes got over 4,000 passing yards... if any of these new rookies want to play for the next 40 years, they would be in farves' shoe on the passing stats.... farve just refuses to quit til he wins a superbowl. i think nfl is gonna be the death of him.

Last edited:
Brett in an interview sez "$$$ have nothing to do with his decision.
"it is totally the ankle"

yah i wouldnt be surprise though if the doctor says no to play, farve will come back. just saying no now so he doesnt go to spring training.

Tjack by the way in practice REALLY!!! looks GOOD. MAN!!! what an athlete.:cheers: And arm!! I mean "HOLY CRAP"!!

this is what i think of TJ.... good player... he tackles great, on his own teamates in practice, but when it comes to actual season games, he gets abit scared.. not saying he totally back offs a tackle, but he doesnt like to tackle. i dont know if hes afraid of hurting himself or if its the smack talk from the opponents.

hes a HUGE guy... use it!! back in high school games, he was assigned center bc he was so huge, but he told the coach he didnt want to be center, he didnt like being hit. apparently the coach ignored him and kept him at center, Tj hated that and went on playing.

vikes need a REAL defense.

Think somebody's confused. Favre passed for 4,000 yards in one year, last year. His career totals--69,000+ passing yards, 6,000+ pass completions, 497 touchdown passes, and 181 wins as a starting QB--are all NFL records.

And TJ is the vikes 2nd string QB. We don't really want him out there tackling. Although I would admit I'd take him over Favre in that regard.

I think Favre just gets a giant kick out of watching people fall all over "news" of playing or not, including "news" that he doesn't have a thing to do with starting.

I would not be surprised if his agent started the latest rumor in a ploy to get him more money. Some speculation that the player who talked to the media started it knowing the Vikes would offer Brett more money and thus increase the chance that he would come back. That player has not been on the field for a few days, no injury noted so maybe he's been punished.

No one really knows for sure, other than we know Favre's ankle really was hurt in the Saints game, and that it's still a question mark as to whether it's healed enough to be counted on for a season.

If Favre does come back I hope they insist on playing Tjack more than last year to save some wear and tear on Favre. There were times when he was getting pummeled that I thought Tjack could have come in and do a better job. Favre's better in a lot of ways but Tjack has it all over him in athletic ability and the ability to avoid sacks, and he can play some on his own.

Bud Grant ran two or three QB's out there back in my day and it worked out OK, why not do it today?

I meant from the get go, 4,000 yards just last year. That is remarkable. Especially when your 40 years old.

For those that didn't know Farve has won a Superbowl and he has lost one as Packer back when Mike Holgren was coach. As far as money Brett will tell you money is secondary, he has more that he and his family will ever use..........Bob

For those that didn't know Farve has won a Superbowl and he has lost one as Packer back when Mike Holgren was coach. As far as money Brett will tell you money is secondary, he has more that he and his family will ever use..........Bob

I believe Tiger woods used to feel that way too. Funny how things can change....:)

Being from the great state of Wisconsin and watching this soap opera for the past 6 or so years, I must say I really do hope he plays another season. He is alot of fun to watch.

On the other hand I'm glade we don't have to deal with this poop anymore! The unfortunate part is we still have to listen to it.

Back