Expensive Hunting Duds

SDJIM

Got an Orvis Hunting catalog today--nice stuff but a bit expensive. Take the section on Holland and Holland clothing.There is a picture of a very well turned out Gent and he is wearing the following.
1 Tweed Sport Coat @ $ 1298.00
2 Tweed Shooting Vest @ $895.00
3 Silent Pointer Tie @ $189.00
4 Cuff Links @ $459.00
5 Tattersall Shirt @ $249.00
6 Tweed Breeks (pants) @ $749.00
7 Garforth Classic Shooting Cap @ $189.00
8 Highgrove Organic Stockings @ $349.00(hand crafted of wool from the Prince of Wales personal flock of Lleyn Sheep)
9 Hornback Crocodile Leather Belt @ $599.00

For a grand total of $5135.00 :eek:
This did not include the fine SxS and Leather Pouch that were in the picture.

We all need this getup and take a UPH group picture---NOT:cheers:

If a guy came into a watering hole up here dressed like that, he'd probobaly get laughed right out of the joint. I'm sure there's lots of well to do hobby hunters that dress like that, but I've never seen one round here(thankfully). I'll just keep rocking my Carhartt's, they get the job done for me.

Can I help you, M'Lord?

I get the Orvis catalog too. I leaf through it once and then pitch it.

Wonder how much they sell?

But of course, one must be shooting a pair of H&H side by sides at $100,000 per gun when attired in such high ends togs (I dare say). <harumph> :p

Orvis is geared to those that hunt in Scotland or wealthy clubs in the East.

Leather lined clothing and bags...what a waste!

I do have two duffel bags that I purchased from LL Bean 35 years ago and they are still in good shape; been on and off float planes, commercial flights and packed away in my Suburban. Leather on the bottom and leather piping on the edges...only $18 at that time!

Orvis is geared to those that hunt in Scotland or wealthy clubs in the east. ...

You can hunt or shoot in Scotland while dressing in the traditional manner for the respect it shows to the day and not spend $350 for socks and flashes.

Got an Orvis Hunting catalog today--nice stuff but a bit expensive. Take the section on Holland and Holland clothing.There is a picture of a very well turned out Gent and he is wearing the following.
1 Tweed Sport Coat @ $ 1298.00
2 Tweed Shooting Vest @ $895.00
3 Silent Pointer Tie @ $189.00
4 Cuff Links @ $459.00
5 Tattersall Shirt @ $249.00
6 Tweed Breeks (pants) @ $749.00
7 Garforth Classic Shooting Cap @ $189.00
8 Highgrove Organic Stockings @ $349.00(hand crafted of wool from the Prince of Wales personal flock of Lleyn Sheep)
9 Hornback Crocodile Leather Belt @ $599.00

For a grand total of $5135.00 :eek:
This did not include the fine SxS and Leather Pouch that were in the picture.

We all need this getup and take a UPH group picture---NOT:cheers:

How much extra for the Barking Pointer Tie? The tweed sport coat costs more than my pickup is worth and I need that pickup!!!

Last edited:
If you were dressed like that you would get dirty just riding in my hunting truck! Better yet, I think my dogs would be rolling on the ground from laughter :)

and I am sure that is for the first day of hunting, surely you would not want to wear dirty clothes on the second and third day so you would basically have a set for every day of your hunt, give me a break would you. I am glad I don't get that book, would make good TP for the outside sh+t house:D
you know I would like to have one to put in the sh=t house, can not even imagine what my buddies would say when they saw it.:eek:

And I thought I was fancy with my Boyt gun cases, Russell boots, and Filsons original vest.:eek: I'mnot going to lie I saw some things in there that I would love to have, just not the estate shooting clothes.

I have a pair of Orvis boots and they are great. Cost me less than the pair of socks they are selling, but still $300. By far the best pair of upland boots I have owned.

Back