Expensive Hunting Duds

Got an Orvis Hunting catalog today--nice stuff but a bit expensive. Take the section on Holland and Holland clothing.There is a picture of a very well turned out Gent and he is wearing the following.
1 Tweed Sport Coat @ $ 1298.00
2 Tweed Shooting Vest @ $895.00
3 Silent Pointer Tie @ $189.00
4 Cuff Links @ $459.00
5 Tattersall Shirt @ $249.00
6 Tweed Breeks (pants) @ $749.00
7 Garforth Classic Shooting Cap @ $189.00
8 Highgrove Organic Stockings @ $349.00(hand crafted of wool from the Prince of Wales personal flock of Lleyn Sheep)
9 Hornback Crocodile Leather Belt @ $599.00

For a grand total of $5135.00 :eek:
This did not include the fine SxS and Leather Pouch that were in the picture.

We all need this getup and take a UPH group picture---NOT:cheers:

The folks that dress like that, are the future of hunting...because that's all that will afford to participate in the pay hunting world of the future. Show me the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Purchasers of that level of adornment are too small a group to matter except to those taking a stab at humor from a perch on the reverse snobbery tree.

The Future of hunting is clad in camo.....and are happy with the concept of Locate, Lease & Lock Up.
More sad that.

Purchasers of that level of adornment are too small a group to matter except to those taking a stab at humor from a perch on the reverse snobbery tree.

The Future of hunting is clad in camo.....and are happy with the concept of Locate, Lease & Lock Up.
More sad that.

Europe's clad in camo is long since gone. Those adorned in fancy wool and high dollar guns thought they would never fall. They locked up the land, priced out the common folks and you can see the results today. that's coming to our country..it's just a matter of time.

Much land there was never unlocked, comparably.
Different deal, with only similiarities conveniently plucked for the agendas here.

Leasing of areas outside of where Leasing originated and the damage that results....is, to a growing extent, by those common folk of today.
So, the problem re hunting and access does not lie with those who wear Orvis best, that is a non-starter....the problem lies with those who wear camo and carhartts and possess a selfish and narrow view incorporating an unhealthy dose of...ME.
And a double handfull of other reasons, of course.

If I showed up in front of the kennel dressed like that my dogs would be saying "hey I thought we were going hunting today big pimpin"!

Back