Don't you people work

After I get done with my long day of work I like to visit the UPH forum to see whats new:) Everyday theres so many of you chatting or looking around on this cool site I got to thinking what do you all do for a living:) I'm sure some of you are retired maybe you could say what you did before retirement? Maybe some of you visit the site during work:eek: We won't tell on you. I'm sure someone came up with this idea before but I'm to lazy to look it up.
I'm a farmer raise corn, soybeans & have a cow calf herd.

I have been retired for over 20 years. I was in Federal Law Enforcement. Low grade type Consumer Protection, but it was a job..........Bob

I'm working when you see me on here most. I'll probably get fired someday for it, but maybe that's when I'll follow my dreams and find something else to put food on the table. I work in a factory so this site is like therapy for me when I'm trapped inside these walls.

I'm mainly on here at work because other sites are locked down and it is a good time killer. This site makes me look like I'm learning and keeping me out of the boring work like dusting.

I'm working when you see me on here most. I'll probably get fired someday for it, but maybe that's when I'll follow my dreams and find something else to put food on the table. I work in a factory so this site is like therapy for me when I'm trapped inside these walls.
They must not have spy software on you or you would have heard about it by now, unless your using a proxy.

I work for me, so I use the forum to breakup the day, while waiting for a return phone call from a client. Ain't technology grand!

I have been retired for over 20 years. I was in Federal Law Enforcement. Low grade type Consumer Protection, but it was a job..........Bob

well im not retired but did the same line of work but not in consumer protection. I worked in a tribal area. but i was a state employed police officer working every day with US Marshals, FBI and Federal tribal police officers. in a city employed 3 state police officers, i was on call constantly. even on my vacation time i got called to a domestic when my chief and sgt werent available.

now i work for Wilbur Ellis Air LLC as a ground applicator as some of you seen my truck and sprayer.

unforunately, last week was my vacation week so i was on alot. i get on in the AM before work and when i get home.

Last edited:
I own my own contracting company so I check in whenever I get the chance. I'm also lucky enough to have a really nice cell phone that lets me surf the web, so alot of times I'm mobile in the field working but take a break to check in!

Recently laid off and looking hard for something here.

Probably heading to Afghanistan for contract work.... :(

I'm a retired building contractor.
Now I am busy with cattle ranching, hang out on the ranch all day long.
Got a Woodmizer sawmill to play with.
Spend a lot of time observing the wildlife and working on habitat.
My puter time is 8-9 AM having coffee and planning the day. :)

CPA, Currently working for the Good Samaritan Society as a Medicare / Medicaid manager. The National Campus headquarters are in Sioux Falls, SD, but the organization has 240 facilities in 24 States. Most of the facilites are in SD, KS, MN, IA & NE.

Websites are really restricted at work so I don't even bother trying to look up any favorite sites on the work computer, but I can use the guest wifi to view sites on the ipod.

I do road construction/ maintenance, drive a truck and trailer and operate some equipment (road grater, loader, back hoe etc). I don't work much during hunting season.:D I use my phone to check in now and then during work. If I'm not hunting I'm thinking about it.:D

This time of year I'm doing upland/wetland taxidermy.:) Here's some dead mounts I finished yesterday.

IMG_0879.jpg

Spring/summer I get the painting business up and running again.:(

In 2009 I was doing upland and wetland habitat restroration with TallGrass Restoraion. :) Great work, but couldn't keep going with it...........pay was a bit tight:(

-1pheas4

Last edited:
When I joined UPH I was a graduate student, so endless time to surf the web, hunt, type detailed hunt reports with lots of vids and pics, train my dog etc... Since 2009 I've been working as a fisheries biologist with Fisheries and Oceans Canada. The "warning screen" that I got at work when I tried to log on at lunchtime explains why I have dropped off this site in the past two years (nothing personal! lol!). I'm on a computer most of the day, so sometimes just don't feel up to logging on again at the end of the day... Coupled with with the fact that I don't have nearly the spare time that I used to, so when I've got a few hours, I tend to be hunting, not surfing or posting!
-Croc

This time of year I'm doing upland/wetland taxidermy.:) Here's some dead mounts I finished yesterday.

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae150/1pheas4/IMG_0879.jpg

Spring/summer I get the painting business up and running again.:(

In 2009 I was doing upland and wetland habitat restroration with TallGrass Restoraion. :) Great work, but couldn't keep going with it...........pay was a bit tight:(

-1pheas4

what type of painting and where are you located?
Good looking mounts!

i'm on social security disability have been on it for 13 years know... i'm not one of these types that like to sit at home and milk it like some do... i work for myself i mow lawns in summer months and do snow in winter...when i dont have to mow/do snow you will find me outside either hunting or fishing.. this is just my second year of hunting i enjoy it it gets me out of house and best of all it gets me exercise...fall/winter time is when you will see me on here the most..in the summer months im bareily on here or at home..im either mowing or fishing

I'm a minister (outreach/missions - not a typical pastor of a church) - spend long hours most of my life working with deeply troubled people. This site is a place to take-a-break/chill & spend a few minutes a day focused on something I really enjoy - PHEASANT HUNTING!!!

I stumbled on this site & stayed because I learned a treasure-trove of information that has proven extremely helpful to me as a fairly newbie pheasant hunter (although I have hunted & fished for just about everything else there is for an entire lifetime)...Along the way, I have also made friends & hunted with a few CO UPHers met on this forum (a real blessing for me living in a brand new state with lots of friends, but not many who share my passion for rooster-chasin)... :thumbsup:

Back