Don't you people work

@UGuide...LOL, a Classic & one of my all-time fav stress relievers along with 'Brother Where Art Thou' & a shot of the Three Stooges once in awhile! :D :p

working is severely overrated and should only be done as a last resort to boredom during any type of hunting season:D

This time of year I'm doing upland/wetland taxidermy.:) Here's some dead mounts I finished yesterday.

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae150/1pheas4/IMG_0879.jpg

Spring/summer I get the painting business up and running again.:(

In 2009 I was doing upland and wetland habitat restroration with TallGrass Restoraion. :) Great work, but couldn't keep going with it...........pay was a bit tight:(

-1pheas4

my first rooster i shoot im gonna get mounted..i think it would be cool to have one

police sgt, 19 yrs down, 6 to go:) to join the the retired crowd. Work for a
20k person community, supervise 6 officers and 13 field training officers.

police sgt, 19 yrs down, 6 to go:) to join the the retired crowd. Work for a
20k person community, supervise 6 officers and 13 field training officers.

I know a sheriff that refuses to retire. he said, "the day they take the federal grant money away from us... then i'll retire because i dont want to deal with the pay cuts, downgrades and headaches. " hes well past the retired date. he can retire whenever he wants to. just chose to stay. i want to say he has been with the sheriffs dept for 27 years but i dont think thats right. hes also in his 50s going on 60s! started as a police officer, then went to the sheriffs dept, following year he became a deputy sheriff. not sure when he became the sheriff but hes been the sheriff for over 10 years.

I worked as a LEO off and on since 1999, just switched jobs to an ag service after getting tired of accidents, being called in 24/7 (as I did accident investigations) and even been called on my vacation time/week.

biggest factor was pay. South Dakota's pay on LEO is low unless you work for federal such as tribal, which does pay good in 5 years of service.

Last edited:
I'm a 21 year old butcher. Kill, cut, wrap. My uncles own a full service butcher shop here in Waupaca and my dad owns a meat market and liqour store in Appleton. I work for my uncles and live at my parents cottage. Pay sucks hours are long and I get ''volunteered'' to do others jobs when they call in ''sick.''
The one upside to working for family is that during bow season I can usually come in late if I get up and go hunting.
Used to work for a couple of farmers around the area as well thats nice now because they let me hunt on their land. Still do things for them on weekends.

After 36 years in the corporate world with Westinghouse and then Eaton, mostly as a plant manager for a small plant assembling switchboards and panelboards in Denver, CO, I retired in 2009 to concentrate on my hobbies-at least until I run out of funds. I was one of those guys who hen,hen,Rooster spoke about meeting last year--we got out 4 days with our labs Chance, Cody, and newbie Logan. I've been pheasant hunting off and on since I was a kid growing up in Northern Illinois.

Similar to one of the other posts, my wife thinks I spend too much time on this forum--but it's pretty addictive reading and commenting on something I enjoy doing so much.

Every hunting day is good--some are just better than others. Have a great season.
PairOfLabs

Back