dog chow shortage

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyresmack

I heard from a guy who know poeple in the corn business that Pres. Brandon gave a order to produce more ethenal and less dog chow to get gas prices lower that of coarse makes dog chow harder to get and more spendy. And they are all keeping it quiet. Any one else noticing this.

Dog food has been in somewhat short supply for several months. I know people that have had difficulty getting their normal food from Chewy.

But really, by making less dog food it will lower gas prices!! Geez, where to do people come up with this stuff?

Dog food has been in somewhat short supply for several months. I know people that have had difficulty getting their normal food from Chewy.

But really, by making less dog food it will lower gas prices!! Geez, where to do people come up with this stuff?
Geez, where to do people come up with this stuff? -- "...from a guy who know poeple in the corn business..."

Maybe they are getting their corn from a jar? Hmm - White Lightning?

Seriously???
Yes I seriously wonder if you guys heard anything like this. That dog chows in short supply because they are mandated to not make as much because of executive BS trying to counteract sky high gas. Or if any of you think its just a hoax. Almost seems so crazy you can't make it up.

I bought 10 and 12 year old bourbon in large quantities before they dropped age dating on the label several years ago. Elijah Craig 12 year. Henry McKenna private selection and a few others. I supplement with some current offerings like Double Oak.

Running out of quality bourbon isn't going to happen in my house. I am sitting on several months worth of PPP too. I hate shopping and don't know anyone in the corn business, so I buy what I need before I need it. Works for me.

Dog food is definitely getting a little tougher to come by. I feed ProPlan Complete Essentials Chicken & Rice in 35 lb. bags. Locally I checked with Tractor Supply, Runnings and Menards as they are the local places that generally handle that formula. All of them were out. Chewy.com also. It happened that my wife was in Sioux Falls this weekend and I found some online at PetSmart so I had her pick up a bag. Guess if your supply is getting low you best start looking and don't wait until the last minute. I should add that the price per bag of the above formula has gone from $48 to $64.

Last edited:
We haven't seen PPP for a couple of weeks. Started on Eagle as a backup, but that has disappeared as well. Scored some red paw today as a backup to the backup. You don't even want to know what it cost.

I feed the PPP Salmon 30/20 to my younger dogs and Petco is completely out of it in the KC area. Chewy was out for a while but I think it's back in stock. Went up $8 a bag. I am driving up to KC Wednesday morning and going to stop by Menards or Tractor Supply and pick up a bag. I have several months supply of PPP built up but I'm going to replace what I use as I use it, while it is still available. I want to keep enough around to get me through this coming season if I can.

Yes I seriously wonder if you guys heard anything like this. That dog chows in short supply because they are mandated to not make as much because of executive BS trying to counteract sky high gas. Or if any of you think its just a hoax. Almost seems so crazy you can't make it up.
Could it just be😳
That 5 to 6 dollar fuel may just drive up the price of shipping!
Ive got a call in to my third cousin..twice removed..who has a distant relative who knows a guy who got the info from another guy..
FACT😳😡

Could it just be😳
That 5 to 6 dollar fuel may just drive up the price of shipping!
Ive got a call in to my third cousin..twice removed..who has a distant relative who knows a guy who got the info from another guy..
FACT😳😡
No doubt its part of it. Don't you get that the rumor I asked about, the turn corn into ethanol and not dog food thing, would be an effort to reduce the gas prices?? Whatever bro. I suppose you believe when Biden says the high gas prices are Putins fualt.

Don't you just love it when someone posts a thread based on nothing but a rumor and makes it political at the same time?

Someone forgot to take their medication.
It WAS based on a rumor. In fact the whole point I was asking if anyone else heard the rumor or if anyone thinks there's any truth behind it?? I didnt make it political, the rumor was already political. So your comment is pretty much mute. Except for the medication, thanks for the reminder, time to head for the Mountains of Busch.

No doubt its part of it. Don't you get that the rumor I asked about, the turn corn into ethanol and not dog food thing, would be an effort to reduce the gas prices?? Whatever bro. I suppose you believe when Biden says the high gas prices are Putins fualt.
1. So, whose fault is it?
2. Who mandated the dog food decision?
3. Do you believe that only USA is experiencing high gas prices?

Gas in Canada is recently hit $1.40 per liter or $5.60 per gallon.
UK is over $8 per gallon.

I do believe that gas pricing is generally a global commodity.

I do not believe taking corn out of dog food would significantly impact the price of gas.

Corn is an additive to dog food, its not required to make dog food.

Yes, you did make it political, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back