Bucket list trips!

Montana Huns!
Been twice finally saw a covey last year. Didnā€™t get one but at least I finally saw them. Probably havenā€™t really hunted hun habitat. I was after pheasant and sharp tails but would love to get into the Huns.

Reactions: dag
You ever go just a bit north of you and do scaled quail in Kansas? I've heard there's good numbers, and since I still got my lifetime there it makes a nice trip. Definitely gonna go try them one of these days!
Been to Kansas a bunch, Iā€™ve not seen any scaled quail. The bobwhites have been better in Kansas. I think the cottontops are more extreme sw Kansas

Been twice finally saw a covey last year. Didnā€™t get one but at least I finally saw them. Probably havenā€™t really hunted hun habitat. I was after pheasant and sharp tails but would love to get into the Huns.
I heard you can find them in northern South Dakota. I go there twice a year and might have to drive the extra few hours one time.
I just want to see one

#1 - Blue/Black Marlin
#2 - Yukon Moose
#3 - Fly in Canada trip
#4 - Montana upland birds of all flavors
#5 - Alaskan deep sea for Halibut/Rockfish/Cod (Completed in 2019)
#6 - Lake Erie spring walleye (Completed 2022)

I really want to chase chukar in hells canyon!
I went on a boat trip in October in Hells Canyon where we caught crappie and then hunted chukar when they were near the water and it was an absolute blast. That was the best hunting/fishing experience of my life.

I went on a boat trip in October in Hells Canyon where we caught crappie and then hunted chukar when they were near the water and it was an absolute blast. That was the best hunting/fishing experience of my life.
Thatā€™s a cool combo

I'm getting to do some chukkar hunting in eastern Oregon this year, it's my first time so I'm still looking forward to it.

As far as bucket list the top of my list is a an Arizona desert Quail slam. I would like to do a Montana hunt as well. And probably the hardest, I would like to do some Alaskan ptarmigan before I kick the bucket as well.

I would also like to get a prairie chicken before they are all gone, only seen a couple wild ones. I hear ruff grouse is fun too so let's add that.

That Argentina hunt sounds fun too! Pretty sure I could go on all day with this list lol!
Take a look at the draws and canyons along the Owyhee River. You wonā€™t regret it!! Especially along the road to the reservoir.

Take a look at the draws and canyons along the Owyhee River. You wonā€™t regret it!! Especially along the road to the reservoir.
Thank you! I will definitely check that out! We have a guy bought a dog from my buddy that's gonna "guide" us around on the chukkars but I would like to do a little quail hunting too if we can squeeze it in.

Did you go with an outfitter? Hells Canyon is top of my list.

Yes in general I would say. Outfitter picks up at airport. Didnā€™t have any safety concerns when we went. We hunted Entre Rios Provence.
A buddy went a few years ago. He loved it, but got tired of shooting Dove and Parakeets. He said he could barely left his arm after 2 days of shooting.

For those talking Alaska, go do it, you'll love every minute of it.

I think we caught 10 different species of fish on our charter trip. Then did some flossing for salmon up the Russian River. I'd do it every year, but the wife thinks laying on a boring beach getting sand in everything is just as fun. Boring.

fi2d096.jpg

wAKbepc.jpg

YKecYE3.jpg

i like that stringer of trout or steelhead

i like that stringer of trout or steelhead
Those are sockeye/red salmon. When they come up river to spawn they quit eating. So the accepted method to catch them is ā€œflossingā€. You throw a fly line across river ahead of them. Theyā€™re swimming upstream with their mouth open. Line hits mouth and pulls the hook into the lip. Iā€™d never heard of it, but was pretty fun.

Those are sockeye/red salmon. When they come up river to spawn they quit eating. So the accepted method to catch them is ā€œflossingā€. You throw a fly line across river ahead of them. Theyā€™re swimming upstream with their mouth open. Line hits mouth and pulls the hook into the lip. Iā€™d never heard of it, but was pretty fun.
Leaving Sunday..for two weeks. Same ocean trip out of Seward ..then Reds and Pinks on the Kenai..and a Halibut trip..
Come on Sunday..šŸ˜€

Back