Bragging Board - Your Birds, Dogs and Hunts

Hi all, was only able to go out for a couple hours after Church today. Tough hunting, winds are at 20-25 with gusts up to 30. God I HATE wind! Anyway, was able to get one (and I'm thankful for that!).

I was using my 16b Charles Hellis

DSCN13191.jpg

Best!

Greg

Hi all, Will and I went out today for a couple hours before the big event (eating that is!) It was a cold one, about 14, but lighter winds. Saw lots of hens, but not many boy birds. We did manage one each however. Raina did well also!

I used my 12b H&H Royal

DSCN13201.jpg

Will used his 16ga Sauer Royal

DSCN13211.jpg

and.....Raina!

DSCN13221.jpg

Best!

Greg

Hi all, my boys and I went out for a bit today, but we didn't see a lot of birds, kind of odd for where we went. Oh well, I suppose tomorrow they'll be all over the place!

Anyway, I managed 2, I used my 16b Charles Boswell

DSCN13261.jpg

Will got 1 with his 16ga Sauer Royal

DSCN13271.jpg

Will, Raina & Jim. Jim didn't score, but he used his 16ga AyA Matador

DSCN13281.jpg

We'll see what tomorrow brings!

Greg

Hi all, Will and I went out today around the house, but didn't see a lot of birds, it was a beautiful day, sun, in the 30's and low winds. Just no birds. I was able to shoot a limit, but lost one. Raina wasn't able to find him. Oh well. We did bust into some Huns and we each got one. Not a bad day overall!

Will with his Hun and his 16ga Sauer

DSCN13291.jpg

I used my 12b F.A. Anderson

DSCN13301.jpg

Best!

Greg

JP and I managed two today in what was only our second time hunting California snow birds. The temp was -3 when we started, pretty cold for sunny CA huh?

Hi all, very good day today, my son Will and I limited within a couple hours. Will limited first and it took me about a hour to do the same. Weather was perfect, sun, in the 30's and low winds.

Will and his Sauer 16ga

DSCN13311.jpg

I used my self cocking ejector SIACE 12ga

DSCN13321.jpg

Me with my lucky hat!

DSCN13341.jpg

And the star of the day...Raina. She was really done well very happy with her performance this year.

DSCN13351.jpg

Best!

Greg

Fishing has been good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:10sign:

1107151432b_zpsljdoknw5.jpg

PART_1448164729122_KIMG0240_0001_zpsbwakswsn.jpg

Waldo2_zpsx5ukg463.jpg

We're going to have to come back up to help you guys eat all of those.:cool::cheers:

Last edited:
Very Nice Quail Hound. Assume the snow comes and goes in your area of California. How many days a year to you get to hunt in snow ?

Very Nice Quail Hound. Assume the snow comes and goes in your area of California. How many days a year to you get to hunt in snow ?

That's about 500mi north of where I live, it probably only snows once every ten years here in the Central valley. We go to the mountains to see snow. Up there snow is pretty common, it's like a big valley cut out of the high desert, they're use to cold, windy, snowy winters.

That was only the second time I've hunted in the snow despite being in SD last december and MT earlier this year. Both of my snow hunts have been up there in extreme Northern CA this season.

Last edited:
Hi all, went out today with my son Will, was a real nice day weather wise. Saw birds, I was lucky and was able to limit. Will got one and Raina did well. Could not complain about the day one bit, good company, good weather and good dog work.

I used my 16ga Ugartechea Model 1030

DSCN13361.jpg

Will used his 16ga Sauer

DSCN13381.jpg

And................Raina

DSCN13391.jpg

Best!

Greg

Hi all, my sons Will , Jim & I went out for a couple hours today, not much in the way of birds, saw very few. Just one of those days I guess. Anyway Jim was one only one who connected.

Jim was using his V. Sarasqueta 12ga 3CE

DSCN13401.jpg

Best!

Greg

Hi all, my sons Will , Jim & I went out for a couple hours today, not much in the way of birds, saw very few. Just one of those days I guess. Anyway Jim was one only one who connected.

Jim was using his V. Sarasqueta 12ga 3CE

Best!

Greg

Greg, regardless of the days bag, more important is you spent quality time with your boys. Those memories will stay with them for the rest of their lives. :10sign:

Greg, regardless of the days bag, more important is you spent quality time with your boys. Those memories will stay with them for the rest of their lives. :10sign:

Thanks birdshooter, your quite right! My 2 sons are my best hunting partners, bar none! My oldest Will, is the one with the real fire in his belly for hunting. Jim goes when he wants and that's fine with me. Jim loves to deer hunt and duck hunt as much as me or Will. He just goes when the mood strikes him. But when he goes, he's a ball of fire!

I've been blessed with 8 kids (only the 2 boys, who happen to be exactly 18 months apart) and everyone of them has not caused their mother or me any problems or trouble. All are healthy and well adjusted....as I said I'm blessed!

Thanks for the kind words!

Greg

Hi all, some really great pics you guys are posting, just beautiful! My hats off to each of you, your photographic skills make me look like a 3rd grader!

Anyway, Will & I went out today after we got 4" of snow yesterday, didn't see a lot of birds.....just one of those days, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Anyway, I managed 1 and was using my 16ga FN

DSCN13411.jpg

Best!

Greg

Hi all, Will and I went out for a 1/2 day hunt, saw birds, but getting wild, that time of year. Anyway, Will tickled one, but didn't bring him down. I was able to get 2 so it was a good day for me. Will see what tomorrow brings.

I used my 12b Henry Atkin, sure like this gun!

DSCN13501.jpg

Best!

Greg

Back