Best Upland Boots

What's the benefits of the Moc Toe?

Far more comfortable than the standard toe design. For walking the moc-toe moves more freely and conforms to the foot better.

There a good reason that traditional bird hunting boots are moc-toes. The old boys knew what the heck they were doing.

Far more comfortable than the standard toe design. For walking the moc-toe moves more freely and conforms to the foot better.

There a good reason that traditional bird hunting boots are moc-toes. The old boys knew what the heck they were doing.

I agree that the moc toe is more comfy, but my only problem with it is the seam across the front of your boot. For me, that is always the first seam to go. No matter how much leather they ball up to try to protect that seam, it always wears away and then the threads go...

I find that hunting in the grass that we have around here that the toe of my boots wear out quickly. Rubber over the toe is a big help.

I find that hunting in the grass that we have around here that the toe of my boots wear out quickly. Rubber over the toe is a big help.

I had Russell add on their heavy duty toe caps for just this reason. Where I hunt in IN everything has a thorn, barb or rasp and it tears the heck out of boots.

One other trick that helps is to use Obenaufs Heavy Duty preservative. I think it acts like a lubricant between those abrasive things and the leather.

I had Russell add on their heavy duty toe caps for just this reason. Where I hunt in IN everything has a thorn, barb or rasp and it tears the heck out of boots.

One other trick that helps is to use Obenaufs Heavy Duty preservative. I think it acts like a lubricant between those abrasive things and the leather.

I may have to try that on my NEXT pair of boots. I'm still trying to wear out a pair of Cabelas featherlight kangaroo-turd boots. I'm too cheap to just throw them out, but they are the worst boots I have ever owned!:mad:

The leather is rock hard, and the soles are slippery. In any other boots I have no trouble scrabbling up and down creek banks, but it's really dangerous in those Cabelas boots. They just plain suck...

I bought a new pair of work boots last summer, and I ended up wearing those hunting a lot more often last season than I wore my hunting boots. They are heavier, but I learned the hard way that "lightweight" is not as big of a factor as the marketing hype would lead one to believe. It's good, but not so good that you can sacrifice everything else...

Actually, those work boots made pretty nice upland boots. Comfy, good support, and good traction...

Can't go wrong with Orvis and there guarantee. Had a pair for a year and did not like the traction on the sole, typical upland sole with no grip. Saw they had a new line out with more aggressive traction, called them up returned the boots I had worn for a year and they sent me the new boots with the better sole no charge. Can't get any better than that.

Back