Beeper Collar

Dakotazeb

I'm looking at buying an accessory Beeper to add to my Dogtra collar. I know it won't operate from the transmitter but I don't want to buy new collars for my Brittanys. I'm looking at the TriTronics Accessory Beeper, the SportDog Deluxe Beeper DSL-400 or the SportDog SD-AB Accessory Beeper. anyone have any recommendations? I want something easy to turn on/of and adjust the sound/run modes.

Last edited:
I'm looking at buying an accessory Beeper to add to my Dogtra collar. I know it won't operate from the transmitter but I don't want to buy new collars for my Brittanys. I'm looking at the TriTronics Accessory Beeper, the Dogtra Deluxe Beeper DSL-400 or the Dogtra SD-AB Accessory Beeper. anyone have any recommendations? I want something easy to turn on/of and adjust the sound/run modes.

I have the Dogtra combo its been good.

I bought a Sport Dog Beeper DSL-400 this summer I like the tones on the collar. The on /off not so easy to use and it takes a special battery
I turned it off ran the dog in the woods down to the cattails called the dog over to turn it on and it was gone. Never found it.

I now have a Tri Tronics
I don't like the tones as much?
easy on / off
uses a 9 volt battery.
the way it loops the collar it will never break off or get lost.

You could look into Lovett's beeper collars. They have several models to choose from.

If you google it you will come up with several places that sell them.

Feedback

Let us know how that one works out from Tritronics. I've been considering getting a new collar but if this option works well I could save some big money.

The tritronics is easy to turn on and off, but requires a small screwdriver to replace the battery or change the tone option toggles. It takes a 9 volt battery. might also want to look at taping over the speaker as the beeper is loud, even on the low setting. After testing all the possible configurations, I have mine set on point only mode and only turn it on (from the remote) when my dog goes in the real thick stuff. Either the dog is on point or will come out. if on point I know it. You'll be very happy with your purchase.

I have the Dogtra combo the older model that has the separate beeper, and e=collar on the bottom, once you turn it on you can do the rest from the transmitter, change tones, change modes, very dependable.

I hunted last weekend with a fellow that had a loud beeper for his collar - I didn't ask about the brand, but it was loud, sounded like the Home Depot fork lift trucks, when they are moving about!

I use a bell but could be persuaded to use the beeper as it's much louder and doesn't get tangled in weeds or clogged with snow. Apparently this beeper emits a loud screech similar to a hawk, when the dog goes on point and holds. The screech holds the bird. Need to see this to believe it!

If you buy one, would like to hear your success stories.

Jon

I use the TriTronics beeper so I can activate it from the controller but I use it as a locator not a beeper. I can't stand that constant noise.
I used to use a bell but as I get older I can't hear them like I used to.
My only complaint with the TriTronic is the durability. I've replaced all of them in the last two years.

I use the TriTronics beeper so I can activate it from the controller but I use it as a locator not a beeper. I can't stand that constant noise.
I used to use a bell but as I get older I can't hear them like I used to.
My only complaint with the TriTronic is the durability. I've replaced all of them in the last two years.

Hard to believe you have durabliity issues. My Tri Tronics collar is a beeper combo also. And after 12 years my beeper went out.I had to find a stand alone beeper this year. I did like the on/off at the remote but I can't complain about the reliablity. It made it thru a gsp and two setters.

The one I use on Abby, my youngest shorthair was new at the end of last season. It comes on by its self and sometimes won't turn on by the remote. The one I'm using on Jane, the older shorthair was new at the beginning of the season and is still working okay.
I must just have bad luck?:confused:

I received the TriTronics Accessory Beeper today but now I think I want to get new collars for my 2 Brittanys that are combo units so I can control the beeper from the transmitter. I was hunting Monday with fourtrax and he has the DT Systems combo unit and it appears to have alot of features. I currently have a Dogtra 2-dog collar (which might be for sale) and have had such great luck with the Dogra I'm very interested in the 2502 T&B. I know there was a previous thread on this site about the 2502. Anyone have any updated info on this unit for suggetions for my new collars? Thanks guys.

Will Dogtra do a trade in to upgrade collars like Tri Tronics does?

I have heard good things about Dogtra.

I don't know much about Dogtra. I've got a lot of money invested in TriTronics and like the units with the exception of the remotely controlled beepers.
I only use them for locators in deep switch grass and I like the fact that you can turn them on easily from the remote.

Will Dogtra do a trade in to upgrade collars like Tri Tronics does?

I have heard good things about Dogtra.

It would be worth the effort to call and see. I was looking at the new Dogtra trainer/beeper combo at Cabelas the other day, and thought the same thing. Now the trainer and beeper are one unit, instead of two separate units like my old model.

I received the TriTronics Accessory Beeper today but now I think I want to get new collars for my 2 Brittanys that are combo units so I can control the beeper from the transmitter. I was hunting Monday with fourtrax and he has the DT Systems combo unit and it appears to have alot of features. I currently have a Dogtra 2-dog collar (which might be for sale) and have had such great luck with the Dogra I'm very interested in the 2502 T&B. I know there was a previous thread on this site about the 2502. Anyone have any updated info on this unit for suggetions for my new collars? Thanks guys.

ZEB what Dogtra are you currently running? I do know that early on when first introduced the 2500 series had some issues with batteries. I think that has been rectified. The other issue and this may not be an issue with some, was the location of the beeper on the 2500 series. The horn is situated on the collar under the dogs neck as apposed to on top. For some it was harder to hear , especially at distance or any kind of wind. I have a two dog 2002 T&B and the beepers are very audible at distance (even for a guy who has some hearing loss:eek:).

See if you can find someone who has a 2500 or go to a retail outlet and see if you are happy with the sound of the beeper before you plunk down your money. Other than that the 2500 has some nice features that my 2002 doesn't. A 2 hour charge time for one as apposed to my 16 hour full charge time, although a full charge on mine lasts seemingly forever. That and the smaller more compact transmitter and digital readout of stimulation level.

The other thing is you may try to locate an older model 2002 T&B (new of course) that still may be out their for sale somewhere. If your not apposed to reconditioned or used check the "Collar Clinic".

Last edited:
I currently have the Dogtra 202NCP Gold. I've had it for about 6 years and never had a problem. I've read a bunch of reviews on the 2502 T&B and for the most past they have been very positive. I did email Ptnglab as he had started a thread on the 2502 back in July. He ended up buying the 2502 and said he loves it. He lives in Minnesota and said snow in the beeper has not been a problem.

The one feature that I will be giving up is the Vibration (page). But I need a beeper on my Brittanys and one I can control from the transmitter. I like the size of the 2502, plus I've had excellent luck with Dogtra.

I think I will get through this season with what I have and put my current unit up for sale in January. Then buy the Dogtra 2502 T&B.

Anyone looking for a good used 2 dog unit??

Back